Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 07-04-2022, 07:19 PM   #1
plainolebill

Lone Star

I was thinking about betting there yesterday and today and I don't see it on the Twin Spires menu. Is that normal?
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2022, 08:16 PM   #2
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill View Post
I was thinking about betting there yesterday and today and I don't see it on the Twin Spires menu. Is that normal?
nothing is normal in this world... they are not allowed to ship their signal out.

it saved me, i was betting on 3 solid losers there in the past 2 days.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2022, 02:35 PM   #3
Gorrex

Texas commission has prohibited Texas tracks from exporting their signal outside of the state to avoid triggering HISA. (no inter-state commerce, no fed oversight etc..)

Whether you agree with HISA or not. This is more ridiculous than when they banned ADWs. Seriously not sure the people in charge there actually like/want racing to exist.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2022, 05:40 PM   #4
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrex View Post
Texas commission has prohibited Texas tracks from exporting their signal outside of the state to avoid triggering HISA. (no inter-state commerce, no fed oversight etc..)

Whether you agree with HISA or not. This is more ridiculous than when they banned ADWs. Seriously not sure the people in charge there actually like/want racing to exist.
Interesting that their contention is the opposite of what it was when the ADW situation went to court. At that time, they contended that ADW's were not engaged in interstate commerce that would be protected under federal law.
Old 07-05-2022, 06:48 PM   #5
hracingplyr

Harness

If you want an excellent!!! book on harness, pick up Pandy's book called

Trotpicks

Modern Harness Handicapping Methods.

Bob
hracingplyr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2022, 12:02 AM   #6
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hracingplyr View Post
If you want an excellent!!! book on harness, pick up Pandy's book called

Trotpicks

Modern Harness Handicapping Methods.

Bob
What does that have to do with Lone Star? Is there a harness track within 1000 miles of Lone Star?
Old 07-06-2022, 09:26 AM   #7
Gorrex

In the end I have no idea what the people in control there are thinking I just know the outcomes are/will be bad for the industry in the state.

At this point its if they keep this strategy its more likely than not racing is doomed in Texas.

The ADW bit is stupid enough.. I mean really who is driving more than 20-30 mins to bet on horse racing today? (other than special days). Practically no one. Without ADW in a state the size of Texas huge portions of the population and thus handle and thus purses are literally thrown away.

Its trying to protect a way of doing business everyone knew was ending 20 years ago and has been sped up significantly in the last few years.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2022, 09:45 AM   #8
Al Gobbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrex View Post

should note it only applies to thoroughbred races - Retama is able to currently export as they are running a QH meet
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2022, 10:21 AM   #9
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gobbi View Post
should note it only applies to thoroughbred races - Retama is able to currently export as they are running a QH meet
Does HISA only apply to thoroughbred racing?
Old 07-06-2022, 12:44 PM   #10
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
Does HISA only apply to thoroughbred racing?
They have jurisdiction over all of it - (t'bred, harness, quarters, Arabians?), but have chosen to start implementing regulations with the thoroughbreds first.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2022, 12:46 PM   #11
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gobbi View Post
And, based on something I saw on a different site, Lone Star IS apparently able to export the signal internationally - an HPI customer in Canada had it available to him on July 4th and he sees it currently listed in the wagering menu for this coming weekend.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2022, 03:02 PM   #12
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
And, based on something I saw on a different site, Lone Star IS apparently able to export the signal internationally - an HPI customer in Canada had it available to him on July 4th and he sees it currently listed in the wagering menu for this coming weekend.
When Stronach got Lone Star, Texas forced the closure of my HPI account. Now they export to them. Sheesh.