Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-16-2019, 10:30 AM   #1
boys at tosconova

owendale and warrior

dale ran a nice race in the lexington and really has only run one bad race. it's not impossible but it seems like motoring by these will be much harder than the lex horses

warrior was pointed to the sir barton until the owners decided to write a big check..he loses geroux to boot and there just doesn't seem be be enough fanfare that will make him run a big race or belief in him to do so.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2019, 10:50 AM   #2
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Owendale has my attention. Timing seems right for another big race and maybe a step forward.

That Lexington is arguably the best win in the field. Although, Anothertwistafate earned a better fig to place in that race, second highest in the field to Improbable's run in the Arkansas Derby.

But what happened in the Risen Star? Too fast early and stuck out wide?
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2019, 11:00 AM   #3
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Warrior's Charge has accomplished nearly as much as Owendale in fewer races. Could be more upside (and it will need it).

Discouraging pace profile. Others look to have as much early but more late.

I prefer Owendale, although the price reflects that. For the same price, I probably prefer Bourbon War. Not keen on that one either, though.
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2019, 03:22 PM   #4
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocraft67 View Post
Warrior's Charge has accomplished nearly as much as Owendale in fewer races. Could be more upside (and it will need it).

Discouraging pace profile. Others look to have as much early but more late.

I prefer Owendale, although the price reflects that. For the same price, I probably prefer Bourbon War. Not keen on that one either, though.
not that he can't compete, but warrior just doesn't seem well meant in here.

as for dale. i originally liked his lexington race a lot more than i do now..i'm just not envisioning him as a winner in this race
Old 05-16-2019, 04:21 PM   #5
Mc990

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
not that he can't compete, but warrior just doesn't seem well meant in here.

as for dale. i originally liked his lexington race a lot more than i do now..i'm just not envisioning him as a winner in this race
Doesn't seem "well meant"? Interesting....
Mc990 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2019, 05:12 PM   #6
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc990 View Post
Doesn't seem "well meant"? Interesting....
if he was going to run big i believe geroux would have stayed, and there would be much more positive reinforcements just about everywhere from the barn and backstretch.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:59 PM   #7
Mc990

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
if he was going to run big i believe geroux would have stayed, and there would be much more positive reinforcements just about everywhere from the barn and backstretch.
Could've been committed to ride Owendale already....

Ownership group certainly no dummies. Can't imagine the horse isn't well meant considering they supplemented.
Mc990 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2019, 06:56 PM   #8
f2tornado

JC on Warrior is a plus. Good post for his style. A couple solid works recently. Big class test and he's not likely to be alone up front. For the price, I'd probably take him before WOW.

Owendale getting similar class test as the Lexington was nothing special. Fired a bullet over the weekend at CD but I don't think he will appreciate the extra half panel here.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2019, 08:42 PM   #9
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocraft67 View Post
Owendale has my attention. Timing seems right for another big race and maybe a step forward.

That Lexington is arguably the best win in the field. Although, Anothertwistafate earned a better fig to place in that race, second highest in the field to Improbable's run in the Arkansas Derby.

But what happened in the Risen Star? Too fast early and stuck out wide?
I think Owendale looks ready to pop.
I hope the odds stay high and he comes through big.

$$$. $$
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2019, 07:46 AM   #10
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
JC on Warrior is a plus. Good post for his style. A couple solid works recently. Big class test and he's not likely to be alone up front. For the price, I'd probably take him before WOW.
i get why peeps like the horse. speed horse that looks fast in his lower class races and has good figs. not to mention he'll be pretty high odds.

there's a good chance he'll try and wire this field and hope to get a piece at 10-20-1.

if he was better there would just be more buzz, and there really isn't. i'm just not feeling him