Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-25-2019, 12:34 PM   #1
PowerUpPaynter

Game Winner

Anyone else concerned his speed figures have been stagnant since he was running at 2? Does he really have the ability to peak? Are did he peak last year and just sustained form?

Bris 92, 97, 97, 103, 98, 97

Beyer 83, 93, 97, 93, 96, 97

Equibase 94, 100, 111, 100, 110, 106

I just dont see him winning... Still hold a sizable future wager on him however so luckily can play others on top.

Last edited by PowerUpPaynter; 04-25-2019 at 12:35 PM.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
Delta Cone

Using the Beyers and some general figure patterns I've observed over the years, one could make the case that Game Winner is ready to forge ahead. He matched his top 2-yo figure this year while running wide and, in my opinion, being less than fully cranked up.

I believe that he can move forward off the SA Derby and record a Beyer figure in the 102-106 range, which could be good enough to win.
Delta Cone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2019, 01:31 PM   #3
f2tornado

TimeformUS

112 - BCJ
118 - Rebel
115 - Santa Anita

I'm drawing a partial line through the Santa Anita as that was such a weirdly run race and one could argue there was no strong intention to win it. It still leaves some doubt he's the number one horse as glimmers of Good Magic run through my mind. I look back to the Rebel and see a horse that was nose to nose with Omaha, the likely favorite, running a very fast final half panel. I look back to his BCJ and see a solid run on the CD surface. Like PUP, I have ample future plays with him having boxed with the ALL Others in first three pools (and Improbable in second two) . This gives me some flexibility on Derby day however I'll still use him to some extent on top and he will be featured prominently in my gimmicks.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2019, 01:32 PM   #4
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Cone View Post
Using the Beyers and some general figure patterns I've observed over the years, one could make the case that Game Winner is ready to forge ahead. He matched his top 2-yo figure this year while running wide and, in my opinion, being less than fully cranked up.

I believe that he can move forward off the SA Derby and record a Beyer figure in the 102-106 range, which could be good enough to win.
I agree with this, I feel most are sleeping on him, and he has won at CD, obviously.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2019, 02:19 PM   #5
Mc990

Not saying he's your winner but he does have a forging (fast) pattern on both Ragozin and TG.....

I'll see myself out now.
Mc990 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2019, 12:38 AM   #6
Fightingirish51195

Watch his move in his first race this year. I thought it was impressive
Fightingirish51195 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2019, 01:52 AM   #7
yankeelpn

Still my top pick, I can almost see GW and OB dueling it out in the final stretch.
yankeelpn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2019, 05:37 PM   #8
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeelpn View Post
Still my top pick, I can almost see GW and OB dueling it out in the final stretch.
I tend to think these are the best two as well. I love grays and love the hope I always have in the great midpack or deep closer (Tacitus) but they always find a weird way to disappoint in the Derby. Even great horses like Afleet Alex or Curlin for some reason just couldn't get it done (and to much inferior horses, especially in the case of AA).
Old 05-24-2019, 02:55 PM   #9
horses4courses

Skips Belmont Stakes

Now being pointed towards the Travers.

Leaves War Of Will and Tacitus as market leaders for Belmont.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #10
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Now being pointed towards the Travers.

Not great news for the Belmont, but not terrible news for 'betting' the Belmont. -Game Winner (at least from my perspective) was going to be the fav. or co-fav, and seems legitimate. This makes exotics a little more puzzling.

I had a weird gut feeling about Game Winner and the Belmont. I thought that Game Winner ran unexpectedly well in the Kentucky Derby, (and coupled with the no-show of Roadster, and the back-to-back 'duds' from Improbable) so as to be considered at least for now, Baffert's 'A' horse.
He surprised me a bit, and he at least hinted to the possibility that he may still be moving forward, and capable of a campaign like the Travers and the Classic.
I didn't consider him for the Belmont, and was surprised when his name came up so quickly as a possible/probable. I thought that if had been entered in the Belmont, that it would be a bad sign.

Of course, 'gut feelings' are for entertainment only.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:12 AM   #11
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
That's good for me. Not sure I like either of those to win this.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2019, 10:44 AM   #12
classhandicapper

I'm glad he's out.

He's one of the horses I've been on the fence about. Part of me thinks he's not moving forward, part thinks he lost a lot of ground in his races and is doing better than it looks, and part thinks the days he lost a lot of ground were days a lot of horses ran well in the outside paths so those trips may not have been as tough as they look.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #13
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm glad he's out.

He's one of the horses I've been on the fence about. Part of me thinks he's not moving forward, part thinks he lost a lot of ground in his races and is doing better than it looks, and part thinks the days he lost a lot of ground were days a lot of horses ran well in the outside paths so those trips may not have been as tough as they look.
Yes, I was big on him and I agree; better not to be tempted here. Thankfully, he's out because I think he ran really hard for quite a few races. It just didn't work out.
Old 05-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #14
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
Yes, I was big on him and I agree; better not to be tempted here. Thankfully, he's out because I think he ran really hard for quite a few races. It just didn't work out.
When he comes back in a prep for the Travers he'll either break out and demonstrate he's still moving forward and a force to be reckoned with or he'll barely win, be a good bet against in the Travers, and then retire after he gets his head handed to him that race.