Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-11-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
ElKabong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Behind the Pine Curtain
Posts: 9,649
Democrat Ilhan Omar, anti Semite

Newly minted democrat congresswoman Ilhan Omar made an anti Semitic remark. Her fellow dems are lining up to condemn her comments.

I wonder if Virginia governor Northam is one of them? Just wondering....

Pretty clear whats going on. The democrat party is definitely not the party of tolerance, to put it mildly
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 02:53 PM   #2
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Newly minted democrat congresswoman Ilhan Omar made an anti Semitic remark. Her fellow dems are lining up to condemn her comments.

I wonder if Virginia governor Northam is one of them? Just wondering....

Pretty clear whats going on. The democrat party is definitely not the party of tolerance, to put it mildly
I said it in the other thread...

They have pretty staunch purity tests going on right now and aren't tolerating any of this shit.

It was panned when I said it. Lets see what they say to you saying it...
__________________
Dumbest timeline confirmed...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
Greyfox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18,958
Ilhan Omar has been pounding on Israel all along.
What did Minnesota ever see in her that they thought was a worthy representative?
She brings shame to the great State of Minnesota!
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 03:12 PM   #4
ReplayRandall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I said it in the other thread...

They have pretty staunch purity tests going on right now and aren't tolerating any of this shit.

It was panned when I said it. Lets see what they say to you saying it...
I replied to your post in another thread, and will repeat it here, in case it was missed:

The Old Guard Dems didn't care how these socialist candidates got elected, they just wanted the win. Now that they are in the fold, the OG wants to dictate what they can and can't say publicy…...While this is going on, Trump is slowly draining the Swamp, and systematically deconstructing the Old Guard of both parties.....Looks to me like a train-wreck is dead ahead for the Dems first, thus the slow to change mode of the GOP.....The Dems will eat their own, the GOP will do far less of this type of destruction.
__________________
He who dares to not offend cannot be honest - Thomas Paine
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 03:18 PM   #5
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
I replied to your post in another thread, and will repeat it here, in case it was missed:

The Old Guard Dems didn't care how these socialist candidates got elected, they just wanted the win. Now that they are in the fold, the OG wants to dictate what they can and can't say publicy…...While this is going on, Trump is slowly draining the Swamp, and systematically deconstructing the Old Guard of both parties.....Looks to me like a train-wreck is dead ahead for the Dems first, thus the slow to change mode of the GOP.....The Dems will eat their own, the GOP will do far less of this type of destruction.
I'll keep it in the old one.
__________________
Dumbest timeline confirmed...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 81,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
They have pretty staunch purity tests going on right now and aren't tolerating any of this shit.
Or, to put it another way, this "new breed" of far left democrat GAINED ACCEPTANCE for the first time by a large number of Dems (Bernie led the charge, kind of), and now they are dealing with the consequences of allowing such radicals to grab a foothold in Congress.

Because they are in Congress, people actually pay attention to what they say...including the media, and there is a price to be paid.

It isn't because the Democrats have a superior moral compass or this "staunch purity test" you speak of...that has nothing to do with it...it only has to do with the fact that the spotlight is bigger and brighter on these types of radical far-left politicians, who never before enjoyed the kind of acceptance they have received in recent years...that is until they start showing their true colors.
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 03:28 PM   #7
NJ Stinks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 7,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Newly minted democrat congresswoman Ilhan Omar made an anti Semitic remark. Her fellow dems are lining up to condemn her comments.

I wonder if Virginia governor Northam is one of them? Just wondering....

Pretty clear whats going on. The democrat party is definitely not the party of tolerance, to put it mildly
First, it should be pointed out that people named something like Ilhan Omar are not likely to be found inside the proverbial GOP tent.

Secondly, this uproar reminds me of that commercial of yesteryear when everyone claimed to be offended when somebody said: "Pass the jelly please."

Finally, here's a link to the recent tolerance levels of both parties:

https://www.politifact.com/wisconsin...orities-repub/
__________________
One flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo's nest.
NJ Stinks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 03:30 PM   #8
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 20,034
I would never have known 'It's all about the Benjamins baby' was anti-Semite if Chelsea Clinton would not have told the world it was.

There was an interesting documentary on her run for first political office in Minnesota a couple years ago -> Time for Iihan


I can't remember where I saw it, maybe on Minneapolis PBS

https://www.timeforilhanfilm.com/
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #9
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Or, to put it another way, this "new breed" of far left democrat GAINED ACCEPTANCE for the first time by a large number of Dems (Bernie led the charge, kind of), and now they are dealing with the consequences of allowing such radicals to grab a foothold in Congress.

Because they are in Congress, people actually pay attention to what they say...including the media, and there is a price to be paid.

It isn't because the Democrats have a superior moral compass or this "staunch purity test" you speak of...that has nothing to do with it...it only has to do with the fact that the spotlight is bigger and brighter on these types of radical far-left politicians, who never before enjoyed the kind of acceptance they have received in recent years...that is until they start showing their true colors.
They really can't win with you can they?

First its Byrd, Byrd, Byrd!

Then Franken, Virginia, this, and others like it start happening and now its... well its because they're so radical...

Where is this same level of criticism when Steve King or your hero Candace Owens starts talking?

Democrats are going after people like this wholesale... call it a purity test... call it marching orders... call it whatever the hell you want.

THEY'RE DOING IT. Republicans aren't.
__________________
Dumbest timeline confirmed...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 03:50 PM   #10
ElKabong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Behind the Pine Curtain
Posts: 9,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

Democrats are going after people like this wholesale... call it a purity test... call it marching orders... call it whatever the hell you want.

THEY'RE DOING IT. Republicans aren't.
"Going after". Does this mean Omar is going to be forced to resign? Denounce her own statements as being racist? Be specific
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #11
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
"Going after". Does this mean Omar is going to be forced to resign? Denounce her own statements as being racist? Be specific
She has already been told by Senior Democrats she has to issue an apology and according to Twitter already has...
__________________
Dumbest timeline confirmed...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #12
woodtoo
Registered User
 
woodtoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: donkeys ride from ASD
Posts: 12,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
She has already been told by Senior Democrats she has to issue an apology and according to Twitter already has...
Then its settled she apologized.
__________________
'complicated business folks, complicated business.'
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 04:12 PM   #13
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Then its settled she apologized.
Probably.

The greater point and I think the point of the OP was Democrats aren't going to tolerate this type of stuff. They're, to use his words, "not the party of tolerance" when it comes to this stuff...
__________________
Dumbest timeline confirmed...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 04:17 PM   #14
biggestal99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Or, to put it another way, this "new breed" of far left democrat GAINED ACCEPTANCE for the first time by a large number of Dems (Bernie led the charge, kind of), and now they are dealing with the consequences of allowing such radicals to grab a foothold in Congress.

Because they are in Congress, people actually pay attention to what they say...including the media, and there is a price to be paid.

It isn't because the Democrats have a superior moral compass or this "staunch purity test" you speak of...that has nothing to do with it...it only has to do with the fact that the spotlight is bigger and brighter on these types of radical far-left politicians, who never before enjoyed the kind of acceptance they have received in recent years...that is until they start showing their true colors.

Radicals such as steve king. Oh wait he is a r.....sorry


there are radicals on both sides who were elected by the people.



Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-11-2019, 04:24 PM   #15
ReplayRandall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Radicals such as steve king. Oh wait he is a r.....sorry

there are radicals on both sides who were elected by the people.

Allan
You're definition of radical is definitely skewed....
__________________
He who dares to not offend cannot be honest - Thomas Paine
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.