Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
thaskalos

NFL...Week 1

It is unheard of for me to get excited about a football game during the first week of the season...because the "unknown factor" plays such a role in the season's early going. But I feel so strongly about tonight's game, that my last night's sleep was disturbed as a result.

I keep reading that Cam Newton and Ron Rivera are both complaining about the "unfairness" of having to travel a long distance on opening week in order to play the Super Bowl champions in their own home. BULLSHIT...I say! When you are Carolina, and got embarrassed on the biggest stage last year while having the better team...you can't WAIT to play the same team again...so you could prove that last years's outcome was a FLUKE. Taking the massive egos of Newton and Rivera into consideration...there is no doubt in my mind that the Panthers will be going all out in tonight's game, and, IMO...they can NAME the winning margin in this one.

I bet Carolina -3, (-125) two days ago, because I feared a line-move to 3.5. But now...a line is available to me which lists DENVER at +3, (-119)...so, I am obligated to double my wager on Carolina.

Let's hope that my sleep TONIGHT isn't disturbed as well...
Old 09-08-2016, 07:03 PM   #2
Grits

I hope you make money, and do NOT have trouble sleeping.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...n-new-gatorade

Kick off is 8:30.

Like his and Rivera's egos or not. BE THERE.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2016, 08:41 PM   #3
PICSIX
Mike Schultz

Under 41 if I were betting
Old 09-09-2016, 12:18 AM   #4
Grits

Thask, you'll make it all back. Sleep well. Don't let it bother you.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2016, 01:52 AM   #5
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Home dogs never bet against them
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2016, 07:53 AM   #6
PICSIX
Mike Schultz

Carolina was +2 in the turnover battle and still managed to lose.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #7
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
I hope you make money, and do NOT have trouble sleeping.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...n-new-gatorade

Kick off is 8:30.

Like his and Rivera's egos or not. BE THERE.
Cam is probably the one having trouble sleeping, after the numerous cheap shots he took to the head from Denver defenders. Only one was called, and it was nullified for an intentional grounding.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 10:55 AM   #8
_______
Veteran

CIN -3 +125: The line itself looks about right but I'll take a coin flip at +125. Must be a lot of Jet fans on Bovada.

ATL -3 +115: I like Atlanta here just a little. I think they should cover but not enough to bet if this was the typical -110 split. Again, it's getting odds rather than laying them that made the decision for me.

I also like HOU -5 -105 and the biggest line gap I see is OAK +3 (I think they'll beat the Saints easily) but it's -125 on Bovada right now. No bets on these last two but I may add OAK on a money line once it posts.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #9
Valuist

I posted these in July in the 2016 NFL thread. I already cancelled out my NE bet but since I posted it already, I will count it here.

Caro/Denver Over 43 (loss)
Baltimore -2.5
Chicago +6
San Diego +6.5 (added today)
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #10
Secondbest

Let's give it a shot
Saints. -3
Lions. +3 Love Luck. Hate Pagano(as a head coach)
Bears. +6
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #11
BetHorses!

Two Plays

Oak +2.5

Lions +2.5 (late to the party here)
Old 09-11-2016, 01:13 PM   #12
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______
CIN -3 +125: The line itself looks about right but I'll take a coin flip at +125. Must be a lot of Jet fans on Bovada.

ATL -3 +115: I like Atlanta here just a little. I think they should cover but not enough to bet if this was the typical -110 split. Again, it's getting odds rather than laying them that made the decision for me.

I also like HOU -5 -105 and the biggest line gap I see is OAK +3 (I think they'll beat the Saints easily) but it's -125 on Bovada right now. No bets on these last two but I may add OAK on a money line once it posts.
Never saw a money line for OAK on Bovada before kickoff. Waiting to see if they post one in live betting. Probably won't want it given OAK got the first Sunday points of the season.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:52 PM   #13
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______

Bovada? I thought that site was was indicted for THEFT.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:18 PM   #14
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Bovada? I thought that site was was indicted for THEFT.
I mostly play poker there. My ROI is lower than my live game despite a lower rake so I can't rule out something odd going on. But it's the only dependable place an American can play Omaha. I have a decision to make by the end of the month since they sold their American poker operations (or spun them off to a subsidiary depending on who you believe) to Ignition.

I'm a negative expectation football bettor overall so no longer bet seriously. But I still enjoy financing folks like yourself with small wagers during NFL season.

I've had no problem with withdrawals at Bovada. Not sure what you were referencing.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #15
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
I posted these in July in the 2016 NFL thread. I already cancelled out my NE bet but since I posted it already, I will count it here.

Caro/Denver Over 43 (loss)
Baltimore -2.5
Chicago +6
San Diego +6.5 (added today)
good luck this year
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply