Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-02-2022, 06:50 AM   #16
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

He's not part of the "They Need 4-to-6 Weeks Off Club", is he.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2022, 12:19 PM   #17
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Who isn't running that's in training?
Elite Power, Cody's Wish, Taiba, but I think he is pointing to the Malibu. Hot Rod Charlie, Laurel River
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2022, 01:07 PM   #18
Cholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
He's not part of the "They Need 4-to-6 Weeks Off Club", is he.
Didn't you mean to say the "4-6 MONTHS Off Club"?...as in the latest so-called Greatest Horse Since Secretariat
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2022, 04:24 PM   #19
PalaceOfFortLarned

Obviously not an amazing field, but 3 strong contenders IMO.

Zandon is the favorite, but somewhere around even money for a horse that is 6(1-2-3) this year is a tough price to take. I think the cut back to 1M helps him though and makes his late punch much more valuable. Must include on any horizontal.

Mind Control is the H4C (horse for course) and H4D (horse for distance). This is what he likes to do, and he has beat some really good horses. His A game wins this race IMO.

White Abarrio. Not giving up on this guy just yet. Definitely hasn't progressed like other 3YOs this summer/fall, and needs a serious move forward to win here. Irad has to be aggressive and get him involved early and not spent. Has a decent shot.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2022, 05:46 PM   #20
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Elite Power, Cody's Wish, Taiba, but I think he is pointing to the Malibu. Hot Rod Charlie, Laurel River
Two of them are currently in training. They aren't permitted to run here.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2022, 07:00 PM   #21
Bennie

Zandon and White Abarrio running against older horses for the first time, I am favoring Mind Control but will use include Zandon in my pick 4's.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 08:26 AM   #22
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Two of them are currently in training. They aren't permitted to run here.
Yes, the others are on breaks. I would hope NYRA would take a look at placing it somewhere other than a month after the Breeders Cup. Possibly before as a prep for the Breeders Cup dirt mile or maybe put the Carter in it's place and move the Cigar mile to April. It's a shame that a grade 1 for $750k gets this type of field. I know NYRA had trouble with small fields for grade 1's in the summer but at least you had grade 1 horses running in those. I don't think you can say the same with this field.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 09:51 AM   #23
Spalding No!

Quote:
Yes, the others are on breaks. I would hope NYRA would take a look at placing it somewhere other than a month after the Breeders Cup. Possibly before as a prep for the Breeders Cup dirt mile or maybe put the Carter in it's place and move the Cigar mile to April. It's a shame that a grade 1 for $750k gets this type of field. I know NYRA had trouble with small fields for grade 1's in the summer but at least you had grade 1 horses running in those. I don't think you can say the same with this field.
You shouldn't make a calendar switch because of one "off" year. Since the NYRA Mile was switched to late November (it used to be 2 weeks before the BC) it has routinely drawn good fields that often include multiple runners that wheeled back from the BC.

By the way, what your implying is an off year nevertheless consists of 4 Grade 1 winners out of 6 starters.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 10:20 AM   #24
the little guy

Quote:
How have we not hired you?
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 10:45 AM   #25
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Obviously not an amazing field, but 3 strong contenders IMO.

Zandon is the favorite, but somewhere around even money for a horse that is 6(1-2-3) this year is a tough price to take. I think the cut back to 1M helps him though and makes his late punch much more valuable. Must include on any horizontal.

Mind Control is the H4C (horse for course) and H4D (horse for distance). This is what he likes to do, and he has beat some really good horses. His A game wins this race IMO.

White Abarrio. Not giving up on this guy just yet. Definitely hasn't progressed like other 3YOs this summer/fall, and needs a serious move forward to win here. Irad has to be aggressive and get him involved early and not spent. Has a decent shot.
I’m going with Mind Control for the reasons you state. Loves Aqueduct
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 11:00 AM   #26
HandyKapper

Any thoughts on how the sloppy conditions will play a role in today's race?
HandyKapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 03:41 PM   #27
elhelmete

Well Julia Shining got it done in the Dem.

Interesting chart/PP preview for this race: 2 other horses took the lead, albeit very briefly, and while that is noted in the notes, the points of call and lengths behind wouldn't hint at them ever being in front.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 03:59 PM   #28
MJC922

Nice to see Mind Control go out on top fighting it out. Thanks for starting the thread, I decided to place a bet.
Old 12-03-2022, 04:05 PM   #29
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
I’m going with Mind Control for the reasons you state. Loves Aqueduct
nice pick
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2022, 04:27 PM   #30
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Nice to see Mind Control go out on top fighting it out. Thanks for starting the thread, I decided to place a bet.
Yep.

Fun horse that beat a lot of really good horses and went out on top.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: