Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-19-2020, 01:50 PM   #436
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99 View Post
Firenze Fire under Breen June 27th at Belmont.
He's been OK but me (and Beyer too) had him faster under Servis than he is now. What figures had him faster for Breen in the True North? It wasn't much a race IMO and the lowish figure he got winning has held up well.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2020, 05:16 PM   #437
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
He's been OK but me (and Beyer too) had him faster under Servis than he is now. What figures had him faster for Breen in the True North? It wasn't much a race IMO and the lowish figure he got winning has held up well.
The General George had a lot of top notch horses in it right? Wasn’t that his best race to date and the competition wasn’t much. Looks as if he has done quite well under Breen nice race today as well but again he didn’t race against much!
Old 12-19-2020, 06:05 PM   #438
SG4

Quote:
The General George had a lot of top notch horses in it right? Wasn’t that his best race to date and the competition wasn’t much. Looks as if he has done quite well under Breen nice race today as well but again he didn’t race against much!

He was still under Servis for the General George. I certainly don't see him as hitting a new top this year with any figures, the Beyer figs are consistently slower, albeit not by a terrible amount, thorograph has him similar to last year but also 2 points off a previous top
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2020, 07:10 PM   #439
MJC922

Firenze Fire

Not a huge difference on my numbers for this particular horse. I could say maybe he was not quite as consistent but I wouldn't draw much of a conclusion from it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FirenzeFire.jpg (258.9 KB, 19 views)
Old 12-19-2020, 07:48 PM   #440
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post
He was still under Servis for the General George. I certainly don't see him as hitting a new top this year with any figures, the Beyer figs are consistently slower, albeit not by a terrible amount, thorograph has him similar to last year but also 2 points off a previous top
The General George appears to be his best race prior to Breen and it didn’t look like there was much competition in that race as CJ brought up when he ran for Breen and won the competition wasn’t that good but it looks like his numbers were very close it seems like we’re all splitting hairs he’s as good now as he was under Servis and that is a given.
Old 12-19-2020, 10:58 PM   #441
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
His best race under Servis was probably the Dwyer as a 3yo when he ran off the screen, his nose lose to Imperial Hint in the Vosburgh right there too. He ran 125 in both though the former coming early in the 3yo season is more impressive.

Best fig I have for him post-Servis is 117. He's grown on me as a horse. I used to root against him precisely because of Servis, but he is tough and has marched on despite being treated how he most likely was.

I saw pretty much the same with Maximum Security. He regressed a little, and considering he was a 4yo he should have still been improving. I'd say the regression was in a similar range, about 8 points.

Last edited by cj; 12-19-2020 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:49 PM   #442
jay68802

1 down

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/th...ths-in-prison/
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 01:29 AM   #443
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Slap......meet wrist
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 01:54 AM   #444
baconswitchfarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post

The biggest jerk -off of the whole group. A straight a-hole. Good riddance .
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 11:46 AM   #445
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Slap......meet wrist
18 months in federal prison is no slap on the wrist. The public gets inured to thinking that unless someone gets 10 or 15 years, the treatment is lenient, but that's not true at all. For most people, any time in prison in horrifying, and over a year (it will be reduced a couple of months due to good time credits) is a serious, debilitating sentence. (It will also include all sorts of restitution requirements and civil disabilities and supervised release once he gets out as well.)
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 12:19 PM   #446
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
18 months in federal prison is no slap on the wrist. The public gets inured to thinking that unless someone gets 10 or 15 years, the treatment is lenient, but that's not true at all. For most people, any time in prison in horrifying, and over a year (it will be reduced a couple of months due to good time credits) is a serious, debilitating sentence. (It will also include all sorts of restitution requirements and civil disabilities and supervised release once he gets out as well.)
I am very familiar with Prison time. It's a slap on the wrist
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 01:08 PM   #447
Robert Fischer
clean money

The Robinson charges (at least from the press release), seem to be centered on FDA violations.

Remains to be seen how much/which of the PEDs that some of the indicted trainers were obviously using, come up in their specific cases, and whether it will cause some of the non-indicted parties actively using those same PEDs to tone it down a little.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:51 AM   #448
alhattab

Navarro changes to guilty plea, cooperates

https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.co...federal-court/
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2021, 11:10 AM   #449
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Good news. Maybe he can rat out others.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2021, 11:45 AM   #450
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Good news. Maybe he can rat out others.
Certainly seems like they cut a deal, just hope he isn't let off too lightly and does some real time.