Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-10-2020, 08:30 PM   #256
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Steve Byk's show today was great. Man was Graham Motion getting upset as he went along.
I listened to TLG. He’s limited as a nyra employee.

Graham said he hates going to track. Loves the animal & the barn.

But said “whatever gets you in the game, if its gambling thats fine”.

Because for him its the love.

I think he assumes my $13.50 pick 3 is the only reason I’m there.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 08:50 PM   #257
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post

How exactly was I limited? I don't feel like I held back at all, other than libeling people.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 09:36 PM   #258
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
How exactly was I limited? I don't feel like I held back at all, other than libeling people.
I kind of default to "you'd say more if you could" because of your position.

You took it to task, and you called it what it is. You were strong in your denunciation. You explained that you cannot go on TV and use beyer spikes as suspicious. But now that you know, you slammed it. No limits there. All good. You're out there doing what you can.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:41 PM   #259
DeoVolente

Quote:
Andy certainly didn’t hold anything back. He even called Steve Byk a jerk.
DeoVolente is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 09:44 PM   #260
dilanesp

Quote:
I kind of default to "you'd say more if you could" because of your position.

You took it to task, and you called it what it is. You were strong in your denunciation. You explained that you cannot go on TV and use beyer spikes as suspicious. But now that you know, you slammed it. No limits there. All good. You're out there doing what you can.
I think this is an accurate comment in all respects.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 09:46 PM   #261
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
GB wasn't talking about the "legal issues" pertaining to the horseplayer claiming that he was "cheated" in this sort of scandal. He said that he doesn't sympathize with the horseplayers in this case because the horseplayers have long suspected that doping was going on in the game. GB has stopped betting on the horses, and the rest of us should have stopped betting too...otherwise we have no right to feel "wronged" when a major scandal like this gets publicized. That's like me saying that I have no sympathy for the honest owners and trainers who were victimized by this sort of cheating...because they too knew what's been "going on in the game"...and they should have looked for another "more honest" occupation/hobby in which to apply their talents.

Come on...does it really cost us MONEY to have some sympathy for people who have clearly been wronged by this sort of criminal activity? Do we always have to analyze things to death first?
As I said, I sympathize with horseplayers. I DON'T think they were blind to this, but nonetheless, even if you kind of know cheating is going on, that still doesn't mean you consent to it.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 09:50 PM   #262
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoVolente View Post
Andy certainly didn’t hold anything back. He even called Steve Byk a jerk.
Not exactly. Then again, you have a history of misquoting me here.

Funny, you are the reason I came here many years ago, as you were mad at me for insinuating a trainer was cheating.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=11731

Last edited by the little guy; 03-10-2020 at 09:52 PM.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 09:51 PM   #263
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Not sure those names would actually be a big suprise to anyone? Certainly not Ziadie?
The arrests of the 27 defendants yesterday were all done by the FBI at 530am teams of agents dressed in suits went to all 27 locations at that time to keep anyone from tipping someone else off. As far as rumors go about more arrests it’s just that rumors. Others will be implicated as the attorneys representing those who were arrested mount a defense. This was also a two year investigation and the Grand Jury had enough evidence to indict all 27. Read the 44 page indictment all of the counts are in there as well as several smaller indictments that are about 15 pages each.

Last edited by onefast99; 03-10-2020 at 09:54 PM.
onefast99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 10:18 PM   #264
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Not exactly. Then again, you have a history of misquoting me here.

Funny, you are the reason I came here many years ago, as you were mad at me for insinuating a trainer was cheating.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=11731
Wtf 2004. That’s beyond throwback, thats elephant memory.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:29 PM   #265
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Was I duped? --

Yes. Absolutely.

I was duped by industry apologists who only mention the good things in the racing press. And who never mention the bad.

I was duped by track management who knew full well what was going on but looked the other way because they were afraid a trainer might take his horses elsewhere.

I was duped by track management who knew full well what was going on but who sat quiet as a mouse when asked by judge(s) in courtroom(s) if they would like to present any evidence.

If not duped, I am continually annoyed by TV analysts who extol the virtues of trainers by giving emphasis to phrases like "38 percent for the meet" and "45 percent first off the claim" while talking about the previous race winner as the horses for the next race are arriving in the paddock. Like those kind of stats are supposed to be a good thing. Hint, they are not.

If not duped, I am continually annoyed by race callers who extol the virtues of trainers by shouting phrases like "ANOTHER ONE EXPERTLY PREPARED OFF THE LAYOFF" or "THAT'S FOUR ON THE DAY FOR <INSERT NAME OF TRAINER HERE>" during stretch runs. Hint, it's ok to call races that way for riders. If they get four on the day they've earned it. Otherwise, until you stop and think about HOW a certain trainer might get so many of his horses to move up off of extended layoffs - just call the race.

I was duped by state regulatory bodies whose personnel looked the other way and swept things under the rug.

I was duped by state regulatory bodies whose rulings (when they had no other choice but to make one) seldom amounted to anything more than a slap on the wrist.

I was duped by state regulatory bodies whose rulings allow suspended trainers to call the shots from his cell phone while his horses race under the name of his top assistant.

I was duped by state regulatory bodies who give trainers a slap on the wrist but refuse to go after owners.

I was duped by state regulatory bodies who instead of implementing reciprocity welcome trainers suspended by other racing jurisdictions with open arms.

I was duped by state regulatory bodies who every once in a blue moon go full metal jacket on someone they don't like but somehow look the other way for those in their inner circle.

I was duped by politicians who should have known full well what was going on - but who looked the other way because they get to rub elbows with rich owners.

In retrospect, all of us have been duped - and in a variety of subtle ways that collectively helped create an environment that made it relatively easy for those who had figured out how to cheat on a small scale to ramp things up and cheat on a large scale.

So yes I've been duped.

But no. I wasn't blind.

And I'm certainly not complaining.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 03-10-2020 at 10:39 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 10:34 PM   #266
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Claiming races were the best betting races when I started in the sport 35 years ago. Now they are the worst IMO.
Yep......it’s a total flip.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:40 PM   #267
airford1

I would of loved to hear Roger Stein on this.
RIP Roger
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 10:40 PM   #268
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
You don't sympathize with the horseplayer because you say that he wasn't duped or wronged...since he "knew all along what he was getting into". But then you say that "Racing was wronged". Which facet of "Racing" do you suppose was wronged due to not knowing what was really going on in the game? Who in the game can honestly say that he was "duped"...since the horseplayer is not afforded this luxury? Or do you mean by "Racing" this faceless entity which amounts to little more than just the game's "reputation"?
Meaning racing as a sport, to see who was the best of the best. For animals and people to work together to do something special on the race track.

This sport has been riddled with cheats in the past, it is nothing new, I got into it and learned fast what I was up against. I would say as time went on though it got worse and more prevalent, and as Andy said made me bitter. I now accept what is likely happening with the widespread use of chemicals in the sport I just dont invest money like I used to.

My overall point was just about everyone knows what goes on that visits this board and I feel like being indigent now that it has been confirmed by the FBI is a bit of a reach.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 10:41 PM   #269
GMB@BP

Quote:

I dont think thats fair, thought he was pretty candid.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2020, 10:51 PM   #270
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Steve Byk's show today was great. Man was Graham Motion getting upset as he went along.
Motion can go kick rocks for all I care. Where was he over the last few years when most of this was going down? Could he not find his soap box then?

Top tier guys like him are enablers, they have the means, and the voice to have made a difference or at least be heard. What did we get? Zip. Zilch. Nada. Not even a whisper. Oh but now that the story has broke.....\

No need to yell fire now that the barn has burned to the ground.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply