Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-27-2017, 10:11 AM   #46
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Say what you want about John McCain but the man is the very definition of an American war hero. This is how a prominent poster on this site describes him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
What cancer?
They took X Rays of his head last week - they showed nothing.

He's been brain damaged for years now.
And now he is adding "blatant liar" to his resume.
Is there no end to this POS?

Paul is voting no because of his beliefs.
McJerk is voting no to spite Trump.

Go to HELL little Johnny.
Quote:
It is only to spite Trump.
McJerk is a vindictive little A hole. Noting more.
Quote:
Most of the GOP are bottom feeding liars with no integrity.
But McJerk makes THEM look good.
Brain damaged, POS, blatant liar, jerk, A hole.

I guess the thread starter was right. It's cool to hate American war heroes....if they vote against what you want them to.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 10:24 AM   #47
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
No I hate Trump and the fact that Liberals tried to trample your right to free speech now makes it right ? Both are equally as shameful. You seriously bringing that up hateful names looking at all the names spewed even on here by Trump supporters.

Wrong + Wrong != Right
This is all you get anymore when you stay mad about the shit that pissed you off about Obama. You didn't get the memo either, apparently you were supposed to completely change your perspective on right and wrong after the election. You know, since your side won.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 10:30 AM   #48
_______
Veteran

Nothing like a good culture war to get the base riled up. Health care blows up again, Puerto Rico has entered the 18th Century, and the base is too busy defending the flag to care.

Well played, Mr. Trump!
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 10:54 AM   #49
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
Nothing like a good culture war to get the base riled up. Health care blows up again, Puerto Rico has entered the 18th Century, and the base is too busy defending the flag to care.

Well played, Mr. Trump!
What were those soldiers thinking when they endangered themselves by showing their position -- just to raise the American flag at Iwo Jima.

If you don't understand why they did it, or why we are so angry, there is clearly nothing any American can say to make you change your mind.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 11:00 AM   #50
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
But why is the "nitwit that starts all these threads" tolerated in this place...that's what I want to know. Others have been banned from the off-topics here for being a lot less "repetitive".
Who might that be?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 11:01 AM   #51
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Its pretty f***ing scary that its socially acceptable in this country now to accuse someone of hating America if they happen to think differently than you...

Tell me PA how many liberals on this board (out of like the 4 or 5 that remain) have hurled "hate America" insults at their opposition?
Why the **** does this come around to me? I don't control what conservatives or liberals post around here...take it up with them...
Old 09-27-2017, 11:07 AM   #52
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Its pretty f***ing scary that its socially acceptable in this country now to accuse someone of hating America if they happen to think differently than you...

Tell me PA how many liberals on this board (out of like the 4 or 5 that remain) have hurled "hate America" insults at their opposition?
Love the way you twisted the words to fit your agenda.

It has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with someone having different views. In fact, you might be surprised to learn that I am on the same page with some of the issues that the protesters see.

The issue is disrespecting the flag is showing hatred for America and all of the soldiers who sacrificed it all to protect us. That is despicable.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:12 AM   #53
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'm not exactly sure how taking a knee is disrespecting the flag, to the point it's seen as DESPICABLE.

If they turned their backs or dropped their pants, then I could see it...but really, taking a knee is that despicable? I know, you're supposed to stand and take off your hat...maybe put your hand over your heart...etc....

But really...not sure why it's that upsetting to some folks that some see fit to take a knee to make a statement...

If you're that upset, you turn off the game...stop going...if enough people feel that way, things will change...nobody likes losing money over something that's not really related to the product.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:28 AM   #54
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I'm not exactly sure how taking a knee is disrespecting the flag, to the point it's seen as DESPICABLE.
Why is using the "N" word considered despicable? Its only a word. Why have people been fired for simply extending their middle fingers?

Many more examples can be given. Like it or not, civilization exists based on symbolism. The symbolism exhibited by intentionally disrespecting the flag -- BY AMERICANS...
Old 09-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #55
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:

Well played, Mr. Trump!
Where are your posts about either? I guess that means you don't care.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #56
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
Why is using the "N" word considered despicable? Its only a word.
Because the word is clearly racist in connotation and is insulting to others. But like disrespecting the flag, use of the word is not illegal in and of itself.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:33 PM   #57
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
What were those soldiers thinking when they endangered themselves by showing their position -- just to raise the American flag at Iwo Jima.

If you don't understand why they did it, or why we are so angry, there is clearly nothing any American can say to make you change your mind.
I know it gets cold in North Dakota but you may have overheated from all the flags you wrapped yourself in the last few days.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #58
Clocker

Quote:

Well played, Mr. Trump!
I think it would be more efficient just to have a Two Minute Hate every day. Save a lot of time and effort.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:03 PM   #59
MadTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Racial equality would mean more white guys playing football and basketball.
No, it would mean they have a CHANCE.

Did they have a chance in 1945? Yep. Guess who didn't until 1946: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...arrier-in-1946

Did they have a chance in basketball? Yep. Guess who didn't until 1950:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...etball-journey

I don't argue back and forth over the Internet any longer as I did in earnest ten years ago. You can read, so do so. Done.

Back to handicapping.

EDIT: I average one post a year on this site. Excellent for reading the handicapping, etc. This site has been full of Limbaughs and Archie Bunkers from the start, though. Off-topic kills everything else.

Last edited by MadTiger; 09-27-2017 at 01:04 PM.
MadTiger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #60
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
No, it would mean they have a CHANCE.

Did they have a chance in 1945? Yep. Guess who didn't until 1946: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...arrier-in-1946

Did they have a chance in basketball? Yep. Guess who didn't until 1950:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...etball-journey

I don't argue back and forth over the Internet any longer as I did in earnest ten years ago. You can read, so do so. Done.

Back to handicapping.

EDIT: I average one post a year on this site. Excellent for reading the handicapping, etc. This site has been full of Limbaughs and Archie Bunkers from the start, though. Off-topic kills everything else.
See ya next year! 👍😂

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: