Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-27-2017, 10:31 AM   #16
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
Hello all,

I am new to Pace Advantage and wanted to post in a more populous area of this site, but because my post involves greyhounds and not horses, here goes.

I know know it may sound ridiculous, but I believe I have developed a strategy (not based on handicapping) that makes a good amount of money at greyhound racing, not horse racing. I have a statistics background and a masters degree and am not a degenerate gambler. I am currently looking for financial backers (it costs over $100 per race to implement the strategy) to split the profits with. But we can start slowly and just bet, perhaps, one race per week for a while until the profits add up.

For a 15 race performance (matinee or evening), we will win (on average) 2-3 of the races, and for this 15-race performance, our total profit will be roughly, on average, $500. Also, it seems the strategy works at multiple greyhound tracks across the country (world?), so you can see the profit potential is pretty high.

The beauty is that you don't need to take my word for it. You can look at past performance results at various tracks across the country and see approximately how we would have done, and you can also look at future races and see approximately how we would have done. I say "approximately" because, as you know, with parimutuel wagering the posted payouts do not and will not have included our winning ticket, so the payouts posted will necessarily be a bit bigger than they would have been had we made an actual (vs. a hypothetical) bet.

Let me know if interested, or put me in touch with someone who may be interested. I am currently working on a way to demonstrate to people like yourself that the strategy works before you spend a nickel. But I also want to do so without you being able to figure out the strategy and then walk away.

Finally, would it be totally against the rules for me to post this post in the general thoroughbred section of this site, where there is more traffic?

Thank you
Wondering is the Masters degree'd, statistics expert knows about the over- the-top cruelty to animals that is a a mainstay of greyhound racing. For those who don't know, visit a dog breeding farm one day. It is a graveyard for pups who did not appear to have the confirmation to be adequate racing dogs.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2017, 05:56 PM   #17
Magister Ludi

Back Up the Truck and Start Loading

You should require an initial bankroll of only $2000 to enable you to implement .8-1 Kelly betting. If you hit a losing streak, you'll have to supplement your bankroll to avoid overbetting it. As your edge evidences itself and your optimal bet is constrained by pool size rather than bankroll, you'll have to break out the linear equations to calculate your optimal bet to maximize your absolute return.
Magister Ludi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply