Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-29-2016, 01:33 AM   #31
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donttellmeshowme
Post after the race starts and you would have more credibility.

Hell i won $4500 Thursday but you dont see me jumping up and down like im the worlds greatest.
Why do you think I haven't posted in that thread recently? 4000 is nothing to post about.. that happens weekly for me.

I agree.

As far as posting after a sequence starts, Idk about that. I already prove more than I need to. I just dont have the time nor see the need to.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2016, 01:33 AM   #32
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Sorry thaskalos I missed this post.

It depends on the sequence. I hate spreading when I don't think I can get prices.

Tomorrow , I'm passing. 1) I didn't do enough work but 2) I hate the 2 chalks in race 1 but they might win at short prices. I refuse to go all and get a 3/5. 3) other races just have 1 loser after the other in them (race 2).

Tomorrow is a pick 5 where you can overspend 2000 and 1) lose or 2) get back 300 bucks and cry

Saratoga?
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2016, 01:36 AM   #33
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donttellmeshowme
Saratoga?
Yup..passing.
Old 08-29-2016, 01:37 AM   #34
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Yes...but, what if you had won $100,000 last Thursday?
If he won a $100K, he wouldn't have to hide from the loan sharks anymore.....$4500 ain't enough, just gives him more time to safely pay the juice..
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2016, 01:43 AM   #35
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Replay !!!!! Welcome aboard I feel honored being in the same thread as you and the thaskalos! Now all we need is delta to show up!
Old 08-29-2016, 04:07 AM   #36
KidCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
You just kind of make it up as you go along.

Nobody said we were or weren't having one at Belmont. However, unless you are running at least ten races, you pretty much can't have two Pick-5s.
Didn't you spend some time in Hallandale Beach this winter? GP cards two Pick 5's even on 8 race cards. Wednesday with 8 races they handled 50k early and 100k late. If you can draw that kind of a pool, I honestly don't see how anyone could have a problem with it.
KidCruz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2016, 06:46 AM   #37
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCruz
Didn't you spend some time in Hallandale Beach this winter? GP cards two Pick 5's even on 8 race cards. Wednesday with 8 races they handled 50k early and 100k late. If you can draw that kind of a pool, I honestly don't see how anyone could have a problem with it.
It depends on what it does to other pools. These type of bets take a whole lot of money out of circulation for a big chunk of the card. Not a fan.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #38
DeltaLover

Quote:
Replay !!!!! Welcome aboard I feel honored being in the same thread as you and the thaskalos! Now all we need is delta to show up!
here i am emd!
Old 08-29-2016, 08:58 AM   #39
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover
here i am emd!
Now the thread is complete!
Old 08-29-2016, 10:57 AM   #40
DeltaLover

Quote:
Now the thread is complete!
Old 08-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #41
MonmouthParkJoe

I am thrilled they are having a late pick 5. By far one of my favorite bets, and being back in Arizona now I dont have to run to the dog track at 9am to get my bets in.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #42
thespaah

Quote:
I don't understand. You feel confident enough about the 5 races to invest thousands on the pick-5 combination...but you don't make serious wagers on these races individually?
I do something similar. I spend a bunch of time handicapping the pick 5. make my wagers and just watch the races. I then start working on the rest of the card, or look at other tracks to find a potential score.
When I was up Saratoga last week. I made my P5 bets, then walked around, said hello to people there I knew and watched the races.
I was alive through the first three. Once my P5 was done, I worked a couple races. Hit one lost the other. Then created a P4 ticket. Done.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #43
bello
Veteran

I also like the p5.

But while in the experimental stage, how about $1 pick 6.

Would that help or hurt total handle. I personally have a $100 limit on horizontals.If I cannot make it work for that I will skip the sequence. That is occasionally going in for a buck and not two? ( I cannot bring myself to less than a dollar) But a buck pick 6 may keep some of us who do not get involved in syndicate play in p6 action.
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #44
thespaah

Quote:
My problem is that I almost never have a positive opinion about 5 consecutive races...and I hate to use the "scatter-gun" approach to cover an otherwise unappealing race. I have trained myself to try and crush the races that I really like...and to totally avoid the races that I can't get a grip on.
I was the same way...An individual race handicapping mindset.
When going with horizontal wagers, i have to get out of that...and yes, sometimes there is a difficult to narrow down race in the sequence. And sometimes I have to hold my nose and bet several entries. Sucks.
I do not have the budget to make crush bets. I just try to hit the darned thing...
And P5 are loaded with value. Alabama day the P5 had not one single winner over 10.40...The P5 STILL paid over $6k for $2.....And that was with one 4/5 winner....The winners were
$9.10, $8.30, $8.60, $3.80 and $10.40....P5 paid $6,187.00 for $2
Old 08-29-2016, 11:34 AM   #45
thespaah

Quote:
OOH OOH...PICK ME!!!!!!.....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: