Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
showonly

Todd Schrupp

This guy is the most ridicules person to have on a show trying to promote racing and wagering. He knows nothing. Thinks he is funny and is not.Between he and Mike JHoyce I don't know who is more worthless. Todays topics include Mike Joyces bad teeth, Tom Cassidys chivalry with his wife when she was out on a date with TOM. TODD NOT TO BE OUT MORONED has discussed people who take pictures of themselves with different looks so the people can reference the contrasting look in the future and then to finish it off Paul Ludaca's childhood unibrow. The nice thing is that no time for this nonsense is sacred. It is mostly discussed as horses are entering the starting gate. TVG please clean house. Entertainment has it's place on TVG please hire some entertainers. Hoover is getting just as bad. We have know heard for the millionth time that he is one of the multi millions of people alive who played college basketball. Good Lord give us a break.
showonly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2017, 07:38 PM   #2
oughtoh

Do what I do when I watch TVG, turn the sound off. Have been watching the videos on a different site instead of watching TVG.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
showonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by oughtoh View Post
Do what I do when I watch TVG, turn the sound off. Have been watching the videos on a different site instead of watching TVG.

I make no contention that TVG offers no relevant information to the professional bettor. If the nonsense offered some benefit to TVG I would understand it but it is rambling nonsense that assumes they are the focal point of the show.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:09 PM   #4
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by showonly View Post
I make no contention that TVG offers no relevant information to the professional bettor. If the nonsense offered some benefit to TVG I would understand it but it is rambling nonsense that assumes they are the focal point of the show.
What "relevant information" do you suppose TVG offers to the professional bettor?
Old 06-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #5
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by showonly View Post
This guy is the most ridicules person to have on a show trying to promote racing and wagering. He knows nothing. Thinks he is funny and is not.Between he and Mike JHoyce I don't know who is more worthless. Todays topics include Mike Joyces bad teeth, Tom Cassidys chivalry with his wife when she was out on a date with TOM. TODD NOT TO BE OUT MORONED has discussed people who take pictures of themselves with different looks so the people can reference the contrasting look in the future and then to finish it off Paul Ludaca's childhood unibrow. The nice thing is that no time for this nonsense is sacred. It is mostly discussed as horses are entering the starting gate. TVG please clean house. Entertainment has it's place on TVG please hire some entertainers. Hoover is getting just as bad. We have know heard for the millionth time that he is one of the multi millions of people alive who played college basketball. Good Lord give us a break.
I don't mind the antics and usually find them mildly entertaining, but I wish they had a cough button. The 50 times a day someone clears their throat into the mic is annoying.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2017, 08:19 PM   #6
showonly

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
What "relevant information" do you suppose TVG offers to the professional bettor?

Lets "suppose" that I am a professional bettor and have found relevant information. My point of contention is that Toss Schrupp makes my accumulation of that information excruciating.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:23 PM   #7
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Minnesota's three gifts to horse racing:

Todd Schrupp
Matt Carothers
Jamie Ness

You're welcome.

~Alan Watts

Last edited by therussmeister; 06-18-2017 at 08:25 PM.
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2017, 08:33 PM   #8
Andy Asaro

Like it or not we're stuck with TVG or we have the option of streaming in HD. Personally I'm most interested in how the horses look (visual inspection) from someone who knows.

As far as Todd goes I think he's fine. One of the reasons I think Todd and a couple others are OK is that from time to time they mention the effects of lower takeout even though the Tracks might not like it.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2017, 08:37 PM   #9
thaskalos

TVG provides a service to a distinct portion of the racing fan population...so, it isn't a total loss as an "entertainment venue"...IMO. It allows those, who have stopped betting on this game, the opportunity to keep in contact with the sport...in a convenient and inexpensive manner. That aside...everything useful that TVG offers could be found in a much more "relevant" manner somewhere else.

I particularly like when they say that they will show us a particular race that they "owe us"...ten minutes after the race is run.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:25 PM   #10
HalvOnHorseracing

I've gone to RTN (rtn.tv). You can set it up for multiple live tracks, and you get replays of every race, every track. Since it isn't a betting site, I believe it is available everywhere. The price is pretty reasonable too. I have no reason to watch TVG again unless my internet goes out.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2017, 01:26 AM   #11
BreadandButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I've gone to RTN (rtn.tv). You can set it up for multiple live tracks, and you get replays of every race, every track. Since it isn't a betting site, I believe it is available everywhere. The price is pretty reasonable too. I have no reason to watch TVG again unless my internet goes out.
Are you referring the the Internet option or the actual RTN TV satellite broadcasts? Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is the CDI tracks are not available via RTN over the Internet, and those tracks that are available can have a significant delay.

This was the case sometime ago when I inquired about switching over to the Roku Box for RTN . The missing CDI tracks and the delay were the deal breaker for me.

Additionally, my Internet often does go down at 2-3 AM for service/upgrades - which is often in the middle the the card from Sha Tin. So relying on the Internet for races could be problematic.

Last edited by BreadandButter; 06-19-2017 at 01:28 AM.
BreadandButter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2017, 06:29 PM   #12
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadandButter View Post
Are you referring the the Internet option or the actual RTN TV satellite broadcasts? Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is the CDI tracks are not available via RTN over the Internet, and those tracks that are available can have a significant delay.

This was the case sometime ago when I inquired about switching over to the Roku Box for RTN . The missing CDI tracks and the delay were the deal breaker for me.

Additionally, my Internet often does go down at 2-3 AM for service/upgrades - which is often in the middle the the card from Sha Tin. So relying on the Internet for races could be problematic.
Yes, the CDI tracks are absent. Since I don't bet any CDI tracks (other than the Derby), it's not a problem for me. I haven't had an issue with the delay, although RTN is about 10 seconds slower than my ADW.

I also haven't had my internet go down while I've been playing. That's just my experience.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2017, 11:03 PM   #13
CincyHorseplayer

If you are focused on what you are doing during the betting day how does any of this even register? Sounds like some cranky BS to me!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2017, 04:50 AM   #14
KidCruz

He's hit or miss for me but Shrupp's merciless lambasting of the "STATS Inc" sponsored notes has been pretty funny the last few weeks.

Saturday, their suggested horse was a 3/5 shot that barely held on and yesterday, incredibly, the best thing that STATS could suggest was that Peter Miller is good off the claim.
KidCruz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2017, 05:31 AM   #15
tanner12oz

I dont think he's the best capper but I actually think he's a riot. Have met him a few times trackside and always a nice guy. I dont think it should be 100% serious all the time. Its the track...it sometimes is closer to a mental institution then sports venue. The kinda stupid crap that I hear on tvg is the,same stupid crap you hear at the track.
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply