Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #586
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
My God! Obama wrapped them in aluminum foil like little tiny burritto’s!
The photos you posted have already been debunked, as the nonsense about it's all the fault of the democrats and the insane zero tolerance policy is always the way it has been.

Shameless myth about Trump’s hated policy exposed

AS the President signs a bill to end family separations, many are claiming it was a Barack Obama policy. This is the rea

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...f797348018efbf

"If the Democrats would sit down instead of obstructing, we could have something done very quickly — good of the children, good for the country, good for the world.”

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who has faced calls to resign, told White House reporters on Monday: “The Obama administration, the Bush administration all separated families … their rate was less than ours, but they absolutely did do this. This is not new.”

Signing the order to end the separations overnight, Mr Trump said the “zero tolerance” policy of prosecuting everyone illegally crossing into the US would continue. But that could lead to another problematic situation — one we have seen before.

SO WHAT WAS OBAMA’S POLICY?

During the Obama era, some families were separated at the border, but only in relatively rare cases.

Mr Obama mostly avoided prosecuting parents, instead prioritising the deportation of potentially dangerous criminals — gang members, people who had committed major crimes and those thought to pose a security risk.

Most of the undocumented immigrants who arrived would seek asylum, and the policy was to release them and allow them to make an application through the civil court system.

.....Denise Gilman, director of the Immigration Clinic at the University of Texas Law School, told NBC News it was “preposterous” to claim this was an Obama policy.

“There were occasionally instances where you would find a separated family — maybe like one every six months to a year — and that was usually because there had been some actual individualised concern that there was a trafficking situation or that the parent wasn’t actually the parent,” she said.

Families who had been separated “were usually reunited quite quickly once identified, even if that meant release of a parent from adult detention.”

In January 2017, Mr Trump signed an executive order undoing much of the Obama-era strategy, including the priority list for deportations.

hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 04:46 PM   #587
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Are you paying ET!? So instead of a bleeding heart like 99 here thanking Trump for coming around to see the Dems' point of view and thanking him on behalf of all the poor kiddies, he likens Trump to a "cheap tent". This is precisely what I was getting out in my post about how the Dems set Trump up to be in a Catch-22 situation. If Trump doesn't budge, he's a horrible human being. And if Trump does acquiesce, he's still a horrible human being.

I know how libs' pea brains work better than they do -- and this applies especially to you.
Better than defending a policy that is just plain bad.

Everyone with half a brain knows that separating child from parent should only be done of a last resort. Libs, cons, you know people with common sense.

That’s leaves the trumpbots who are left to defend a bad policy.

Trump should have left well enough alone but nooooo.....

And that why he is in a pickle, it is of his own making.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #588
highnote

No matter what his motivations are, at least he did the right thing.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #589
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Better than defending a policy that is just plain bad.

Everyone with half a brain knows that separating child from parent should only be done of a last resort. Libs, cons, you know people with common sense.

That’s leaves the trumpbots who are left to defend a bad policy.

Trump should have left well enough alone but nooooo.....

And that why he is in a pickle, it is of his own making.

Allan
So, you're a scofflaw. You don't want the law enforced. And Trump is the evil guy for enforcing it.

What happens now if the kids go to jail with their parents? Better than being separated, right?
Old 06-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #590
hcap

Quote:
So, you're a scofflaw. You don't want the law enforced. And Trump is the evil guy for enforcing it.

What happens now if the kids go to jail with their parents? Better than being separated, right?
AFTER WEEKS OF COMPLAINING THE DEMOCRATS MUST change THE LAW so We could stop tearing families apart, he just did that by USING his fountain pen.

Rule of Law, your and he pull out of your asses.
Similar to preacher Sessions doing the same with the bible.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #591
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
AFTER WEEKS OF COMPLAINING THE DEMOCRATS MUST change THE LAW so We could stop tearing families apart, he just did that by USING his fountain pen.

Rule of Law, your and he pull out of your asses.
Similar to preacher Sessions doing the same with the bible.
Trump will do whatever needs to be done to solve the immigration problem.
Can he sue the senate to come to the table? What say Chuckie S?
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 05:13 PM   #592
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 05:15 PM   #593
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
He will do whatever he can to divert from the facts.

His zero policy was his and Sessions alone circa a few months ago, not any of his predecessor doing.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:29 PM   #594
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Ahhh so it never was about the children being kept with parents?? Thanks K Harris for verifying!!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 05:33 PM   #595
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
He's about to bestow upon us yet another Executive Order to reverse course and keep these families together.
Unlike Obama's catch and release... Trump's appears to be a Bag Adults and tag along Children.... this too will cause the left to piss and moan in not time at all. Pissing and Moaning after-all is the Left's bread and butter.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #596
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
President sued by family of detainee who died......

This shit is getting serious now

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...rongful-death/
Good, I hope Trump has to pay up big time...oh wait...
Old 06-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #597
wisconsin

My entire take on the new order:

The adults who bring kids in that do not belong to them, will now have to, get ready for it, stay with those very kids.

That, in and of itself, will open an entirely new can of worms. Once they are "released" after x-number of days, these poor kids will now be expected to fend for themselves in a strange country.

It's really that unbelievable.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:42 PM   #598
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
We need to get rid of more Senators like Bob Corker faster. We can not afford to take in thousands of people that will only overburden welfare, schools, and healthcare. The cost of open borders has staggering numbers not only in moneys.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 05:42 PM   #599
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Are you paying ET!? So instead of a bleeding heart like 99 here thanking Trump for coming around to see the Dems' point of view and thanking him on behalf of all the poor kiddies, he likens Trump to a "cheap tent". This is precisely what I was getting out in my post about how the Dems set Trump up to be in a Catch-22 situation. If Trump doesn't budge, he's a horrible human being. And if Trump does acquiesce, he's still a horrible human being.

I know how libs' pea brains work better than they do -- and this applies especially to you.
Why you including me?

I didn't say any of this. I said the administration is largely responsible for manufacturing this problem and could fix it with the stroke of a pen.

Today they fixed it with the stroke of a pen.

elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2018, 05:43 PM   #600
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Good, I hope Trump has to pay up big time...oh wait...
Have no fear... hcap will be here to tell you that is as phony as the Obama tin foil wrapped kiddies photos.

Last edited by OntheRail; 06-20-2018 at 05:46 PM.
OntheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply