Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 04-08-2018, 08:13 PM   #16
ldiatone

that is not nice at all. Steve is a nice fellow. lets not attack a person like that.
he makes those videos about the new pars that come out each year. and other videos about races coming up. i like Steve and I talk/write to him all the time.
and if you have not used the program AIO don't knock it. i have won a lot of money using it. i like it.

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #17
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Ummmmm....what are you saying betovernetcapper? Can't quite get why you posted this?

Steve Unite...he's one of the guys behind Cynthia...been so for YEARS and YEARS that I can recall...and?

Old 04-08-2018, 08:17 PM   #18
lefty359

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
it lists highest to lowest: - CLASS- EARLY- PACE -SPEED - SPR
also "alerts" just some info about the race chaos or etc. WMF
Thanks for the info.

If they had the option to just dl one or two tracks, i'd go for it.

Last edited by lefty359; 04-08-2018 at 08:23 PM.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2018, 08:29 PM   #19
lefty359

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper View Post
Gordon was the programmer for Cynthia Publishing. I know this because I was one of the original users & anytime there was a problem, I'd have to talk with Gordon. At any rate, something happened and Mitchell went off the reservation. He started a website that had a weekly contest. If you could beat Mitchel's selection, you'd win a free All In One. I won two of them & sold them on Ebay. He even tried to sell a stock called "bet over the net" for $10,000. That didn't fly. When I told Gordon that Mitchell was giving the program away, he was pissed. He left shortly after that. Right around then the pars needed updating. Mitchell got Dave Schwartz to put together something like the track adjustment numbers that you'd add to the DRF fig + the DRF variant that was in Quirin's book. At this point, I sold my copy & began using The Capper when it came out. Mitchell left handicapping to teach grade school arithmetic in Yuma. He then died. He was a very boring speaker & I wouldn't be surprised if one of the students jabbed his compass into his eyeball, but that's just speculation on my part.
Gordon is still alive & well. He & his wife went to China & adopted a baby girl. He also wrote a very good book called Newthink: The Hidden Logic of Progressivism and the Usurpation of the Traditional American Worldviewalled.

As I said IMO you can do better.
I think he wasn't the same after he lost Cynthia Publishing In a divorce.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:41 PM   #20
lefty359

Quote:
that is not nice at all. Steve is a nice fellow. lets not attack a person like that.
he makes those videos about the new pars that come out each year. and other videos about races coming up. i like Steve and I talk/write to him all the time.
and if you have not used the program AIO don't knock it. i have won a lot of money using it. i like it.
How did you use it, betting line or? My update should arrive before I go back to Racebook Wed.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:57 PM   #21
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
How did you use it, betting line or? My update should arrive before I go back to Racebook Wed.
i used the b/bl then i viewed speed/pace summary,
factors summary( can find some winners on this screen) then pace graph(pr). when i use the downloads and select pace lines i like to also use the ALT screen as it reads like a match up. the race projections and the best projection of the horse.
b surprised how some of the Platinum Strategies sill work.

Old 04-08-2018, 09:37 PM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Pretty sure he was on Jeopardy! once too, yes?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2018, 09:48 PM   #23
ldiatone

Quote:
Pretty sure he was on Jeopardy! once too, yes?
yes he won i think about 90 grand! and there was another show he was on. very short time show mayb 13 weeks.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:27 PM   #24
atlasaxis

Quote:

Lefty, do yourself a favor and get the "AIO V6 Seminar in a Box, as well as DVD #9: 'LifeLiner Tutorial". It will answer all your questions in depth. Steve Unite is a class act and one smart guy.

Last edited by atlasaxis; 04-08-2018 at 10:38 PM.
atlasaxis is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2018, 11:42 PM   #25
lefty359

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlasaxis View Post
Lefty, do yourself a favor and get the "AIO V6 Seminar in a Box, as well as DVD #9: 'LifeLiner Tutorial". It will answer all your questions in depth. Steve Unite is a class act and one smart guy.
I bought the seminar yrs ago. Can't find it now.
Old 04-08-2018, 11:43 PM   #26
lefty359

Quote:
i used the b/bl then i viewed speed/pace summary,
factors summary( can find some winners on this screen) then pace graph(pr). when i use the downloads and select pace lines i like to also use the ALT screen as it reads like a match up. the race projections and the best projection of the horse.
b surprised how some of the Platinum Strategies sill work.
Once again, I thank you.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:34 AM   #27
betovernetcapper

Quote:
The betting line in the NetCapper demo looks about the same as AllInOne to me. Also with AllINONE you can do manual input if you don't want to take the expensive downloads. Gonna give it another go-round.
If the program works as advertised and you've won "a lot of money" with it, why would you be concerned with the data fees which are only $100 a month?

Regarding the annual par charts, par charts are used mainly to create
a variant on a new track & then only until you have enough figures to use the more accurate projection method. Given that the Cramer figures have the variant & track/distance adjustments (even accounting for run up distances & rail position on the turf), why would you need new pars every year? If for some reason you do need up to date pars, why are you using (and paying for) the pars for last year? The 2018 Saratoga pars are created from the 2017 races at Saratoga and the 2017 pars were created from 2016 & so on & so on. If there is a radical chance in the pars due to say a major change in the purse structure, wouldn't you want to take that into account at that meeting and not use charts that are a year old?

If you want to buy "new" par times charts every year & DVDS (btw who even has a DVD player anymore?) or VHS tapes or scribbling on stone tablets, then Cynthia Publishing is the place to go. They are more then happy to take your money. If the line is busy try RPM or Tom Console. They always seem to have a magical system that produces a high percentage of winners at huge prices with no effort on your part.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2018, 09:48 AM   #28
betovernetcapper

[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage;2300150]Ummmmm....what are you saying betovernetcapper? Can't quite get why you posted this?

Steve Unite...he's one of the guys behind Cynthia...been so for YEARS and YEARS that I can recall...and?[/QUOTEI

It's true he's been there forever but his main function seemed to be in answering the phone & marketing. I'm unaware of any major handicapping works that he's produced.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2018, 11:03 AM   #29
atlasaxis

[quote=betovernetcapper;2300325]
Quote:
Ummmmm....what are you saying betovernetcapper? Can't quite get why you posted this?

Steve Unite...he's one of the guys behind Cynthia...been so for YEARS and YEARS that I can recall...and?[/QUOTEI

It's true he's been there forever but his main function seemed to be in answering the phone & marketing. I'm unaware of any major handicapping works that he's produced.

Steve has done extensive work in updating the videos of Dick Mitchell, as well as creating the all-in-one seminar in a box tutorial. In 2010 he produced the DVD of the month program. Every year at Kentucky Derby, Preakness, Belmont he puts out an analysis. In the summer he puts out the Saratoga and Del Mar winning trainer tricks analysis, and for Breeders Cup he puts out the live up to the minute analysis. Everyday he offers live Longshot analysis, and when the California Florida and New York tracks are running he offers free selections for the last contentious race of the day, and also writes a hidden entries column everyday with more freebies. All of which you would find out for yourself if you just took a few minutes and perused the Cynthia publishing website.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #30
lefty359

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper View Post
If the program works as advertised and you've won "a lot of money" with it, why would you be concerned with the data fees which are only $100 a month?

Regarding the annual par charts, par charts are used mainly to create
a variant on a new track & then only until you have enough figures to use the more accurate projection method. Given that the Cramer figures have the variant & track/distance adjustments (even accounting for run up distances & rail position on the turf), why would you need new pars every year? If for some reason you do need up to date pars, why are you using (and paying for) the pars for last year? The 2018 Saratoga pars are created from the 2017 races at Saratoga and the 2017 pars were created from 2016 & so on & so on. If there is a radical chance in the pars due to say a major change in the purse structure, wouldn't you want to take that into account at that meeting and not use charts that are a year old?

If you want to buy "new" par times charts every year & DVDS (btw who even has a DVD player anymore?) or VHS tapes or scribbling on stone tablets, then Cynthia Publishing is the place to go. They are more then happy to take your money. If the line is busy try RPM or Tom Console. They always seem to have a magical system that produces a high percentage of winners at huge prices with no effort on your part.
The reason I'm concerned wih data costs is because I don' have the bankroll I

used to have. Reason for updating is because my old ALLINONE has 2007 pars. So you're saying Netcapper is better when it is modeled after ALLINONE it seems. A few more bells and whistles at a higher price. How much is their data. Prob comes from the same source.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: