Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-24-2015, 03:05 PM   #1
DRIVEWAY

Grocery Store Mystery

Why are the shortest people always staring at items out of reach on the top shelf?
DRIVEWAY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2015, 03:08 PM   #2
upthecreek

Why do they always wait to get their money out of their wallet/pocket book instead of having it ready? Annoys me to no end
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #3
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEWAY
Why are the shortest people always staring at items out of reach on the top shelf?
That's where they put the good stuff to keep it out of the reach of kids. They figure if you can't reach it, you are't mature enough to use it.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:14 PM   #4
OntheRail

Another

Why do people park their cart on the left side of the isle while shopping from the right side.... thus blocking the whole lane?
Old 04-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #5
TJDave

Why do clerks not put the receipt in the bag? Every friggin time they try to hand it to me. WTF?
Old 04-24-2015, 03:50 PM   #6
thaskalos

Why are some customers such pigs? I was shopping at a Whole Foods...and watched a customer who apparently had changed her mind about an expensive ice cream cake that she initially intended to buy. Not only didn't she return it to the freezer where she found it...but she didn't even have the decency to leave it somewhere where it could be spotted, and returned to its rightful place by someone else. Instead...she stuffed it under a display case where no one could see it. Classy-looking lady too.

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-24-2015 at 03:53 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2015, 04:09 PM   #7
LottaKash

Waiting for the floor manager to do an "override", because I was purchasing some Carburetor Cleaner (could be used as an inhalant, I suspect)..I am 70...haha...
Old 04-24-2015, 04:38 PM   #8
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Why do clerks not put the receipt in the bag? Every friggin time they try to hand it to me. WTF?
Just calm down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Receipt

Quote:
A copy of these documents would be handed to the customer. In many countries a retailer is under a legal obligation to provide a receipt to a customer which shows the details of a transaction and the store and other information, so that the tax authority can check that sales are not being hidden.
I believe in my city, it is also required that a merchant provides a receipt.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2015, 04:46 PM   #9
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
Just calm down.
It would be nice if once, just once, someone would ask, "can I put your receipt in the bag?"
Old 04-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #10
boxcar

Quote:
Because if they didn't hand the customer the receipt, the customer would want to know where it is.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:40 PM   #11
Clocker

Quote:
It would be nice if once, just once, someone would ask, "can I put your receipt in the bag?"
In my experience, they do more often than not. Probably a function of local culture. Or lack thereof.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:13 PM   #12
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Because if they didn't hand the customer the receipt, the customer would want to know where it is.
Yeah, I want mine handed to me.
Which of the 6 bags did she put it in?
Or get home 30 miles away and there is no receipt at all.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2015, 11:45 PM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Why are some customers such pigs? I was shopping at a Whole Foods...and watched a customer who apparently had changed her mind about an expensive ice cream cake that she initially intended to buy. Not only didn't she return it to the freezer where she found it...but she didn't even have the decency to leave it somewhere where it could be spotted, and returned to its rightful place by someone else. Instead...she stuffed it under a display case where no one could see it. Classy-looking lady too.
I recently was shopping in a major grocery chain and noticed a fresh expensive steak jammed in the section that sells toilet paper and paper towels. I alerted a worker, maybe the steak was still cold and not too late to stick it back....one thing i do when im shopping is i always dig way in the back (even if all the born on dates are the same) and never take the first item because those items could have been in someone's cart for 30 mins thawing and then went back, one in the back will be much safer to purchase.

If i saw the woman leave the the cake i would have totally said something to her, and i wouldn't have been nice about it.

Last edited by Stillriledup; 04-24-2015 at 11:47 PM.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2015, 01:52 AM   #14
thaskalos

My first ever job was at a tiny family-owned grocery store when I was 16 years old...where I worked with a crusty old man named Sam, who had been in the grocery business all his life. Wavy white hair combed back, black bushy eyebrows, thick-rimmed glasses down to the tip of his nose, an unlit cigarette usually dangling from his lips...and always a scornful look on his face.

One day, a customer asked Sam to serve her at the deli department:

Customer - "Would you please give me a quarter pound of feta cheese and eight olives?"

Sam - "Sure ma'am. Would you like me to wrap it, or will you eat it here?"

That old man made those days unforgettable...

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-25-2015 at 01:57 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2015, 02:04 AM   #15
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEWAY
You always stare longingly at the stuff that you can't have.