Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-30-2018, 12:57 AM   #61
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Again... nothing of substance in response...

Guess I'll be done on this topic as it's a bigger bore wondering why you'd bother to respond in the first place when you offer so little.
Why would anyone bother to respond to absurdities? It's fantasyland thinking on your part.

There is no reason to waste time responding. You can take whatever you want, and bend it to fit your little box of fascism, and there isn't anything ANYONE can EVER say or do to convince you otherwise.

That's cool man.

But don't blame us if we don't engage you like you hoped for. And then call us names as if we're too ill-equipped to do so? You see, that's why you received the dick award. With you, it always comes down to, essentially, we're TOO STUPID to dance with the master...it's hilarious.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:03 AM   #62
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Yeah, MAGA. You got me there.

How about the part in his hair? The way he holds his chin up like Mussolini, right? You forgot about those two. Add them to the damning list.
It's from the links people are stupidly using... right there... I quoted it.

"(i) the rebirth myth, (ii) populist ultra-nationalism and (iii) the myth of decadence"

Your attempts at minimizing by talking about hair and also minimizing the actual statements made by the President are pretty telling. Telling that I'm right and you have nothing of substance on the subject.

Feel free to call me a sick or holocaust denier now... it only enforces my belief my assumption is correct.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2018, 01:09 AM   #63
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Why would anyone bother to respond to absurdities? It's fantasyland thinking on your part.

There is no reason to waste time responding. You can take whatever you want, and bend it to fit your little box of fascism, and there isn't anything ANYONE can EVER say or do to convince you otherwise.

That's cool man.

But don't blame us if we don't engage you like you hoped for. And then call us names as if we're too ill-equipped to do so? You see, that's why you received the dick award. With you, it always comes down to, essentially, we're TOO STUPID to dance with the master...it's hilarious.
You accuse me of bending?!?!

I'm not the one linking the damn wikipedia article without actually reading it. I'll bet you still haven't.

Point blank "national rebirth" what was Trump's campaign slogan?

If it's not clicking look at your damn board man... LDH launches into some jingoist, nationalist, diatribe against a guy who had the gall to explain how his country's government worked....

Everyone is evil if they defy the president... the liberals, the conservatives, the Republicans, the FBI, the EU, and phucking Canada.

JR and others lost their sh!t on here over the debt... now its suddenly not a big deal when Trump's president?

But I'm the one bending... get real... You've all lost it.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 06-30-2018 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:14 AM   #64
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
It's from the links people are stupidly using... right there... I quoted it.

"(i) the rebirth myth, (ii) populist ultra-nationalism and (iii) the myth of decadence"

Your attempts at minimizing by talking about hair and also minimizing the actual statements made by the President are pretty telling. Telling that I'm right and you have nothing of substance on the subject.

Feel free to call me a sick or holocaust denier now... it only enforces my belief my assumption is correct.
Sick? It was dick.

And I've never called you a denier. You haven't earned that one yet. Maybe, who knows.

Where do you get your info from, by the way? Or do you sit there all day, scouring media and the internet for every word he's uttered and tweet made? Serious question.

I suppose, if I were obsessed with him, or with Obama for example, I could have done the same. People here and there throughout the decades think every President is either the anti-Christ (Obama), a commie (Obama), a fascist/Nazi (basically any Republican POTUS), a reptilian alien being from another world (GHWB), a theocrat (GWB)...I could go on. AND they had just as good evidence as you do for your fascism remarks. Well, THEY thought they did, anyway.

Of course, it never turns out to be true (although GHWB does look a bit scaly nowadays).

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-30-2018 at 01:15 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2018, 01:42 AM   #65
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Sick? It was dick.

And I've never called you a denier. You haven't earned that one yet. Maybe, who knows.

Where do you get your info from, by the way? Or do you sit there all day, scouring media and the internet for every word he's uttered and tweet made? Serious question.

I suppose, if I were obsessed with him, or with Obama for example, I could have done the same. People here and there throughout the decades think every President is either the anti-Christ (Obama), a commie (Obama), a fascist/Nazi (basically any Republican POTUS), a reptilian alien being from another world (GHWB), a theocrat (GWB)...I could go on. AND they had just as good evidence as you do for your fascism remarks. Well, THEY thought they did, anyway.

Of course, it never turns out to be true (although GHWB does look a bit scaly nowadays).
Nope.

Not getting away with more deflections.

If you don't like the situation you're in you change it. People who go through life constantly dissatisfied are either too stupid, too lazy, or too both to do something about it. It's not the governments job to come to my rescue... in fact, I want it as uninvolved as possible.

That's the type of Republican I am.

This isn't it:

"We are going to make America great again. For too long the globalists, illegal immigrants, terrible trade deals, and swamp creatures of Washington D.C. have been holding you back. I'm going to drain that swamp, protect you economically, build that wall, take on those evil globalists and become self sufficient. After all that we'll be back to work and prosperous again."

I inserted the numbers for clarity...

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 06-30-2018 at 01:45 AM.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:33 AM   #66
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Nope.

If you don't like the situation you're in you change it. People who go through life constantly dissatisfied are either too stupid, too lazy, or too both to do something about it. It's not the governments job to come to my rescue... in fact, I want it as uninvolved as possible.

This isn't it:

"We are going to make America great again. For too long the globalists, illegal immigrants, terrible trade deals, and swamp creatures of Washington D.C. have been holding you back. I'm going to drain that swamp, protect you economically, build that wall, take on those evil globalists and become self sufficient. After all that we'll be back to work and prosperous again."

is pretty much true and came true

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

No problems here.

What's the problem again, exactly?
Old 06-30-2018, 02:35 AM   #67
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You know ely...when it's all boiled down, your main problem with Trump comes down to communication.

What he's actually DONE doesn't come close to fascism.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:37 AM   #68
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
What else these fascists accusers do not understand is that in a fascist society the society is most important and it is the government that determines what is good for society. to its Individual rights and what is good for national society are mutually exclusive. Under fascism individual citizen rights are subservient to society as a whole.

None of the current or proposed Trump policies put forth society first and foremost over basic U.S. citizen individual rights. Moreover, a healthy form of government places every citizen individual right's over the government's determination of what is good for society, except in cases of legitimate national concerns, i.e. national defense, border protection.
Fascism and Communism may be two sides of the same coin of totalitarianism.

George Orwell warned of a totalitarianism. Communists were rising at the time he wrote 1984

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninete...speak_appendix

In 1984, published in 1949, the the Party's leader is Big Brother, enjoys an intense cult of personality. The concepts of Big Brother, Room 101, the Thought Police, thoughtcrime, unperson, memory hole (oblivion), doublethink (simultaneously holding and believing contradictory beliefs) and Newspeak (ideological language) have become common phrases for denoting totalitarian authority.

It looks to me that we experiencing the rise of cult of personality. Attempting to manipulate our fourth estate by claiming "fake news" whenever it disagrees with the cult.

Thankfully the attempt at thought control and Newspeak is so clumsy and stupid, and the control is so awful, we can see "big brothers 's", or "The Emperor's New Clothes" invisible, and orange.

1984 for dummies.

Last edited by hcap; 06-30-2018 at 03:38 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2018, 07:33 AM   #69
newtothegame

Quote:
Nope.

This isn't it:

Now I know this was directed at Mike, and he is more then capable of talking for himself. But why do you think he is in a situation he doesn't like (in America)? He has said he is ok with what Trump has done so far.
YOU are the one here daily, and multiple times at that, railing about how dumb, idiotic, etc etc Trump is. YOU are the one who criticizes every thing trump tweets....
Doesn't seem to me like Mike is the one unsatisfied at all.
And just stop with the whole "Im a republican" as if you have something to prove. Its your way of attempting to play both sides, all the while lambasting TRUMP.
The way I see it, like it or not, saved your ass from pure out and out misery with Clinton in office. That in itself should get him the Nobel prize
And as Ralph likes to pint out, which I am all in with, the rest is just GRAVY!!!! lmao
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2018, 08:18 AM   #70
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Close your account. You are a turd.

Btw, those camps were setup by Barry O
Interesting...my original post was removed...But the TRUE facts of the matter are THAT Pres. Bush started them.

and I quote... https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/m...ion-camps.html

"Even so, in 2005, the administration of George W. Bush decided to deny the Flores protections to refugee children traveling with their parents. Instead of a “general policy favoring release,” the administration began to incarcerate hundreds of those families for months at a time. To house them, officials opened the T. "" end quote

Now in all fairness...Pres. O stopped this policy...but THEN reversed course and started back on a grander scale...Trump has only upped the game even more...

so really...BOTH sides of the aisle....have held hands under the table..

Wonder if this post will get deleted too...or I'll get banned...facts seem to UPSET the powers that be around here at times or follow the agenda of giving SOME posters FREE reign whilst shutting down others...

Last edited by sammy the sage; 06-30-2018 at 08:20 AM.
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2018, 08:36 AM   #71
fast4522

Hate for both sides means hate for the government, bad news because we are the government. If you believe we are not the government, even more bad news. Accept that the more people participate in the process the more the government can be self correcting.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #72
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Interesting...my original post was removed...But the TRUE facts of the matter are THAT Pres. Bush started them.

and I quote... https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/m...ion-camps.html

"Even so, in 2005, the administration of George W. Bush decided to deny the Flores protections to refugee children traveling with their parents. Instead of a “general policy favoring release,” the administration began to incarcerate hundreds of those families for months at a time. To house them, officials opened the T. "" end quote

Now in all fairness...Pres. O stopped this policy...but THEN reversed course and started back on a grander scale...Trump has only upped the game even more...

so really...BOTH sides of the aisle....have held hands under the table..

Wonder if this post will get deleted too...or I'll get banned...facts seem to UPSET the powers that be around here at times or follow the agenda of giving SOME posters FREE reign whilst shutting down others...
What post was removed? You mean post #51 where you said Bush did it?

It wasn't removed. Still here. The page before this one. Post #51.

Get your eyes or your computer checked before you come at me again.

And remember, this is the gentler and kinder me. It's your lucky day.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-30-2018 at 09:45 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #73
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Hate for both sides means hate for the government, bad news because we are the government. If you believe we are not the government, even more bad news. Accept that the more people participate in the process the more the government can be self correcting.

I am not so sure about that, it depends on who participates. More uneducated voters going to the polls could make things worse, not better.
In spite of our differences of opinions in here this crowd as a whole represents the educated voter and is of above average intelligence. By educated voter I am referring that they understand how government and taxes work. An an example of an uneducated voter is people I saw interviewed that thought Obama paid for housing vouchers in Detroit out of his own pocket.

That is just an easy example, there are uneducated voters who vote for both parties.

Unfortunately the uneducated voter represents a fair percentage of the population as without their votes no one is elected. I believe that is the reason the average politician in this country lies like no tomorrow and is phony as a $3 bill. If a person had to pass a basic test in order to vote I believe politicians and government would improve. If that was true I know Maxine Waters would never be elected.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2018, 09:59 AM   #74
elysiantraveller

Quote:
You know ely...when it's all boiled down, your main problem with Trump comes down to communication.

What he's actually DONE doesn't come close to fascism.
First things first...

People (see alt-right (see fascists)) love the way he communicates! It's one of the reasons they vote for him. It can be a reason to not like him as well then correct?

Since the beginning of the year trump has abandoned the standard conservative platform. Prior to that we got tax cuts and deregulation. I like both of those things but since I am concerned about the debt I wasn't a big fan of sweeping revenue cuts before the government actually spent any money... shocker that I was right and look where we are now.

My major previous complaint with Trump was more that he was a lousy negotiator. Those still hold true.

However now we have gone full #MAGA. We are further away from a deal on immigration than we were 9 months ago... whose to blame? Flip a coin between Republicans or Democrats with Trump. Our relationship with our allies is a dumpster fire. The stock market has held idle with uncertainty over a protectionist agenda. Investment is down. The whole world is screwing America apparently. And we have a populist president that either a) doesn't understand trade or b) can't articulate what he wants successfully to anyone.

1) national rebirth
2) protectionism and national unity
3) promise of decadence

It's all right there and easy to sure. Sure its probably with a lower case "f" and in fact some political theorists are looking at some of the differences as they begin to analyze "Trumpism."

Nobody whose ever actually opened a book on political theory though will argue similarities are there...

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 06-30-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:29 AM   #75
delayjf

Quote:
Facism arrived 20 January 2017. Der Furher now has concentration camps for children.
I don't recall pictures of soccer fields in any documentaries I've ever watched regarding German concentration camps.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply