Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-09-2018, 09:08 AM   #1
Andy Asaro

$730,316 Payout On Santa Anita Single Ticket Pick 6 Jackpot..... BUT............

Winner Invested $39,874

Press release:

One of two “live” horses in Santa Anita's popular two dollar Pick 6, Giant Mongolian, a 22-1 longshot in Sunday's ninth and final race, steamed home to a three-quarter-length victory under Stewart Elliott, triggering a massive Santa Anita Single Ticket Pick 6 Jackpot payout of $730,315.60.

With a Jackpot carryover of $518,537 coming into today, there was $326,468 in “new” money wagered, creating a total Pick Six pool of $845,005.

The single winner was a $2 ticket purchased as part of a $39,874 batch bet investment through a Portland, Ore., wagering hub.

Winning numbers in today's Pick 6 were 4-3-6-7-8 & 6. There were 99 consolation tickets with five winners, each worth $380.40.
Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2018, 10:06 AM   #2
spiketoo

What's your point Capt. Obvious? Was involved somewhat heavily for my numbers with S.A. P6 until they instituted the 'jackpot. Once they took away that 15% from the consols, I stopped betting it.

Another syndicate or whatever wins a P6. Old newz.
spiketoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2018, 10:17 AM   #3
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiketoo View Post
What's your point Capt. Obvious? Was involved somewhat heavily for my numbers with S.A. P6 until they instituted the 'jackpot. Once they took away that 15% from the consols, I stopped betting it.

Another syndicate or whatever wins a P6. Old newz.
It's a press release.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:59 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Good point!
Old 04-09-2018, 05:38 PM   #5
Andy Asaro

Old 04-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #6
olddaddy

I would think most of these large $2 jackpots were caught by large tickets. Why nickle n dimers play these except with a very small bet baffles me.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #7
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddaddy View Post
I would think most of these large $2 jackpots were caught by large tickets. Why nickle n dimers play these except with a very small bet baffles me.

Because with a $2 pick 6, if you get lucky, you have a life changing score. This pick 6 had a 2/5 and 4/5 in it. So if one decided to single those 2 horses, it was basically reduced to a $2 pick 4. There should have been about 4 tickets with all 6 winners.(based off of the pick 3 payouts) The ones that hit were gifted close to a free half million dollars.

It is a huge edge for those with huge bankrolls. Probably the easiest money in racing if you have a 2 million dollar bankroll especially if you are getting rebates on top of that. That being said it is not a sucker bet for anybody. On the right day with the right horses a small player can bring one of these down with $100 to $200 play.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2018, 09:42 AM   #8
AstrosFan
math/science # cruncher

There have been stories where someone pressing the "quick pick" feature at a self service tote machine has netted a pick 6 hit. Better odds than playing the lottery.
AstrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: