Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-25-2017, 03:30 PM   #1
Overkill

Winning Greyhound Racing Strategy

Hello all,

I am new to Pace Advantage and wanted to post in a more populous area of this site, but because my post involves greyhounds and not horses, here goes.

I know know it may sound ridiculous, but I believe I have developed a strategy (not based on handicapping) that makes a good amount of money at greyhound racing, not horse racing. I have a statistics background and a masters degree and am not a degenerate gambler. I am currently looking for financial backers (it costs over $100 per race to implement the strategy) to split the profits with. But we can start slowly and just bet, perhaps, one race per week for a while until the profits add up.

For a 15 race performance (matinee or evening), we will win (on average) 2-3 of the races, and for this 15-race performance, our total profit will be roughly, on average, $500. Also, it seems the strategy works at multiple greyhound tracks across the country (world?), so you can see the profit potential is pretty high.

The beauty is that you don't need to take my word for it. You can look at past performance results at various tracks across the country and see approximately how we would have done, and you can also look at future races and see approximately how we would have done. I say "approximately" because, as you know, with parimutuel wagering the posted payouts do not and will not have included our winning ticket, so the payouts posted will necessarily be a bit bigger than they would have been had we made an actual (vs. a hypothetical) bet.

Let me know if interested, or put me in touch with someone who may be interested. I am currently working on a way to demonstrate to people like yourself that the strategy works before you spend a nickel. But I also want to do so without you being able to figure out the strategy and then walk away.

Finally, would it be totally against the rules for me to post this post in the general thoroughbred section of this site, where there is more traffic?

Thank you
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If you have a winning strategy, scale down, start small, and keep all the money.

Or, if you can't start small, find a way to get a loan from a bank or maybe a 2nd mortgage...anything that would avoid taking on "financial backers"

That just sounds like a recipe for disaster (even more so than a 2nd mortgage...)

Something tells me you're not going to get the response you might have hoped for on here...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 03:58 PM   #3
Robert Fischer
clean money

Let's just say I know a guy, who knows a guy, who can get Overkill exactly the kind of loan he needs.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:22 PM   #4
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
Hello all,

I am new to Pace Advantage and wanted to post in a more populous area of this site, but because my post involves greyhounds and not horses, here goes.

I know know it may sound ridiculous, but I believe I have developed a strategy (not based on handicapping) that makes a good amount of money at greyhound racing, not horse racing. I have a statistics background and a masters degree and am not a degenerate gambler. I am currently looking for financial backers (it costs over $100 per race to implement the strategy) to split the profits with. But we can start slowly and just bet, perhaps, one race per week for a while until the profits add up.

For a 15 race performance (matinee or evening), we will win (on average) 2-3 of the races, and for this 15-race performance, our total profit will be roughly, on average, $500. Also, it seems the strategy works at multiple greyhound tracks across the country (world?), so you can see the profit potential is pretty high.

The beauty is that you don't need to take my word for it. You can look at past performance results at various tracks across the country and see approximately how we would have done, and you can also look at future races and see approximately how we would have done. I say "approximately" because, as you know, with parimutuel wagering the posted payouts do not and will not have included our winning ticket, so the payouts posted will necessarily be a bit bigger than they would have been had we made an actual (vs. a hypothetical) bet.

Let me know if interested, or put me in touch with someone who may be interested. I am currently working on a way to demonstrate to people like yourself that the strategy works before you spend a nickel. But I also want to do so without you being able to figure out the strategy and then walk away.

Finally, would it be totally against the rules for me to post this post in the general thoroughbred section of this site, where there is more traffic?

Thank you
If I could be so bold to offer a sweetener that will be sure to attract many PA members as your investors. Just donate half of your winnings to the CLINTON FOUNDATION.... Instant investors!!!: cool:
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 08:11 PM   #5
thaskalos

How much cash is needed for this venture? I am always on the lookout for promising start-ups.

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-25-2017 at 08:14 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2017, 08:57 PM   #6
mabred

dog betting

what dog track will u be playing??? those pools are small !!

and like u said will be smaller when u bet into them.

Which track will u be playing into.My friends all play plam beach

where the pools are about the size of a small horse track 400k to 500k

on a friday or sat.

The other tracks are a waste.

Mabred
mabred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 12:22 AM   #7
davew

From your intro paragraph it seems you will be investing over $1500/ card cashing between 2-3 races and netting near $500. Very likely W2-G's will be involved.

The strategies I know of that cash so infrequently would involve superfecta, trifecta or longshots. Most of the high pay-offs do not have many winning tickets and another (yours) will have a big impact on the pay-off.

I suggest you become familiar with the pari-mutual system, if you are not now. Also I suggest a rebate ADW such as nhplay/amwager where you can get up to 20% of each dollar wagered back (depending on track and pool), whether you win or not.

Delphi forums have some dedicated greyhound forums, although some not very active.

Statistics and probabilities can only take you so far - good luck.

How many thousands are you needing to raise to be comfortable betting your method?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 08:52 AM   #8
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Hello all,

Thank you
1) What do the greyhounds handle every race?
2) What pool(s) would you be attacking?
3) Finally, post selections and results in the forum. Get lucky for two weeks and you will get investors.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 06:16 PM   #9
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
I know know it may sound ridiculous, ....
...But I also want to do so without you being able to figure out the strategy and then walk away.
And P.T. Barnum is spinning in his grave...
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 06:27 PM   #10
AndyC

Quote:
For someone with such an extensive education and more importantly not a degenerate gambler, you sure are not getting it done financially. If you had, in fact, developed a strategy you would have tested it with real dollars and been able to proceed with your profits.

When you do get things rolling you might want to look me up to invest some of those profits in my lotto selection system. It's almost like knowing the numbers before there drawn.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 06:32 PM   #11
thaskalos

Quote:
Hello all,

Thank you
You are starting to lose me here, Overkill. It that all the "financial backing" that you are looking for...$100 a week?? How big of an obstacle is that for a guy with a masters degree?
Old 09-26-2017, 07:33 PM   #12
Boris

Quote:
Hello all,
Thank you
User name checks out!
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 10:13 PM   #13
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
You are starting to lose me here, Overkill. It that all the "financial backing" that you are looking for...$100 a week?? How big of an obstacle is that for a guy with a masters degree?

over $1500 / card - many handles below $150K/ card
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 10:20 PM   #14
DeltaLover

Quote:
Hello all,

Thank you
Fund yourself and let us know how it goes; after all the amount you are talking about is not significant and can be easily gathered especially from somebody who claims to have an advanced degree. My prediction though is that the chances to make any significant money using your "non based on handicapping system" are close to zero. Betting crows are deceivingly tough although you probably cannot realize it right now.. If you try you will shortly figure it out!
Old 09-27-2017, 01:37 AM   #15
ElKabong

This thread hardens back to posters like MoGreen circa 2001. Can't help but read and chuckle
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: