Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #61
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Okay your entire post.

Maybe...but you said yesterday that there were plenty of those like him ON THIS BOARD...and that was irresponsible on your part, IMO. Unless, of course, you can actually name the PA posters who you feel wish you to be hanged for your Trump alliance.

Again what does it change? Let's parcel it. " Maybe...but you said yesterday that there were plenty of those like him ON THIS BOARD...and that was irresponsible on your part, IMO"

Your above statement states this, in my opinion you are irresponsible by saying there are plenty like him on this board.

Are you claiming, by your above sentence, PA is being irresponsible for the telling the truth about what a member told PA. If PA is being truthful why do we need as proof the name of the member? If PA is telling the truth why is it irresponsible?
To whom is English a "second language? To me...or to YOU?

I wrote that PA acted irresponsibly when he insinuated that there were MORE PEOPLE HERE who wished him to be hanged for his political views. I don't need PA to "tell me the truth" about what yesterday's poster said...I saw that WITH MY OWN EYES...and I even RESPONDED TO IT in that thread.

Are you really that DENSE?

Last edited by thaskalos; 07-18-2018 at 02:59 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2018, 02:58 PM   #62
thaskalos

Quote:
You don't think this board reflects the real world?
I hope not...
Old 07-18-2018, 03:02 PM   #63
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Is this how observant you are here? Do you honestly BELIEVE me when I use my "English is my second language" excuse? From what you've seen of my posts on this site...you really notice that I have a "weakness" in the English department"?

You give me "leeway due to English being my second language"?
Yes. You missed the the qualifier "these" when you made your post generalizing my statement to all idealists. Understanding your excuse of a second language I gave you leeway in my polite and explanatory answer to your accusation of my generalizing certain behavior to all idealists.

If you notice I did not respond, like you, with a snarky response about understanding what I wrote.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #64
thaskalos

Quote:
Yes. You missed the the qualifier "these" when you made your post generalizing my statement to all idealists. Understanding your excuse of a second language I gave you leeway in my polite and explanatory answer to your accusation of my generalizing certain behavior to all idealists.

If you notice I did not respond, like you, with a snarky response about understanding what I wrote.
First you erroneously accuse me of calling PA a "liar"...and now you seek to impress me with your proficiency with the English language.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #65
elysiantraveller

I don't think Trump is evil... I just thing he's a moron with a long list of personality issues.

After 8 years of Obama a lot of his supporters (This being a whole swath of otherwise savory or unsavory people) feel entitled to some sort of "love" from Big Brother.

That's why they buy the #MAGA and "America First" shtick.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #66
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I believe PA, I don't doubt there are certain idealists on this board, who would like to see violence perpetrated against PA due to his politics.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2636.jpg (13.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 07-18-2018, 03:11 PM   #67
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
To whom is English a "second language? To me...or to YOU?

I wrote that PA acted irresponsibly when he insinuated that there were MORE PEOPLE HERE who wished him to be hanged for his political views. I don't need PA to "tell me the truth" about what yesterday's poster said...I saw that WITH MY OWN EYES...and I even RESPONDED TO IT in that thread.

Are you really that DENSE?
I saw some ________'s meltdown last night. I didn't see any comments, by him stating PA should be hanged. Was ______'s post deleted, if so that is why I didn't see it.

Now you have me more confused. Why would you call PA irresponsible for not naming the member, if it was already public board knowledge that ______ said it?
Old 07-18-2018, 03:12 PM   #68
thaskalos

Quote:
I saw some ________'s meltdown last night. I didn't see any comments, by him stating PA should be hanged. Was ______'s post deleted, if so that is why I didn't see it.

Now you have me more confused. Why would you call PA irresponsible for not naming the member, if it was already public board knowledge that ______ said it?
I give up.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:12 PM   #69
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I don't think Trump is evil... I just thing he's a moron with a long list of personality issues.

After 8 years of Obama a lot of his supporters (This being a whole swath of otherwise savory or unsavory people) feel entitled to some sort of "love" from Big Brother.

That's why they buy the #MAGA and "America First" shtick.
That is your entitlement.
Trump's words aside, his accomplishments speak for themselves.
Some people are tunnel visioned to listen and obey - a serious personality issue.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #70
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
That is your entitlement.
Trump's words aside, his accomplishments speak for themselves.
Some people are tunnel visioned to listen and obey - a serious personality issue.
Which at this point would be...?

Repealing regulations, tax cuts, and appointing conservative Judges?

Or the Anti-Establishment stuff you guys elected him on like: the wall, trade, NATO, Korea, infrastructure, and all the other things that are his actual platform that aren't establishment?

We're currently on version 3 now of Russia with Trump and its been just 3 days!!!!

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 07-18-2018 at 03:25 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2018, 03:23 PM   #71
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
First you erroneously accuse me of calling PA a "liar"...and now you seek to impress me with your proficiency with the English language.
Okay, I am going to chalk this up under a misunderstanding.

And no I am not trying to impress you, but demonstrated how I give you leeway.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #72
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Repealing regulations, tax cuts, and appointing conservative Judges?
Ever hear of the Pareto principle?
You are looking at the 80 right here.

The rest...his term isn't over yet.
I figure 6 more years to go.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #73
classhandicapper

Pat Buchanan

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/07/...f-cold-war-ii/
Old 07-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #74
classhandicapper

1. I think improving our relationship with Russia is probably the most obviously correct move imaginable.

How is talking to them a worse idea than further confrontation except in the minds of mentally deranged war mongers?

2. Trump is CORRECT that a big part of the deterioration in the relationship is the US's fault. We were the ones that stirred the pot in Ukraine because a pro Russian government was "democratically elected" . The west was hoping to add Ukraine to NATO and further encroach despite promises we would not. But those former Soviet satellites are critical to Russia because they act like a buffer between the west and the Russian border. If I was the president of Russia I would have invaded Crimea also to ensure I held on to the Naval base there. He had to do that as a matter of self defense if the west was moving closer to his border by interfering.

Putin may be a thug and former communist KGB, but the neocons, CIA and rest of the deep state are bunch of mentally ill deranged psychopathic war mongers. They are sick people. The sooner we purge all of them from government and the intelligence community, start doing business with Russia, and improve relations the better. If we can do business with the communists in China, we can do business with Putin. At the very least we should be talking and cooperating where we can to reduce the risk of war.

The media is horrific. What a bunch of slime ball scumbags.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 07-18-2018 at 04:19 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2018, 04:20 PM   #75
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I never thought we had ANY people like this. So if we have one, I am going to assume, for my safety's sake anyway, that we probably have more.
Obviously this is the spill over to vent or comment. I am a nobody but will offer some comments:

1.) Mike is the boss, that being said you do not have to agree with him.
2.) It is highly inappropriate to call the boss or his designated moderator a list of names that their soul purpose is to pour gas on the fire. (TBD)

I really think that none of us are perfect, and sometimes things could be handled different. My suggestion is infraction number one could be 90 days frozen out of OT, Second infraction TBD. If Mike wants thaskalos to give it a shot at moderating none of us should challenge the moderator or Mike, just saying. . .

Please do not think I am telling you what to do with your time and or property.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: