Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
Richie

belmont park on cool days

Hi

when i hit belmont we usually sit in the park and have a great day, however, the day we plan on going may be a bit cool and cloudy. I am going with my 83 and 81 year old parents and a couple of nephews. Any suggestions on a decent place to set up camp indoors that is comfortable, close to track and some screens? Is it enclosed? Thanks so much
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
classhandicapper

When you leave your house, gauge the temperature. Then subtract about 5-10 degrees and prepare accordingly (especially if you sit upstairs or it's a windy day). It's all open and always warmer out back.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
Ocala Mike

belmont park on cool days

What classhandicapper said. As bad as Aqueduct seems on cold days, Belmont is even more uncomfortable and unforgiving. It was designed for 72 degrees and clear days all the time.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
Stillriledup
Veteran

Dress for siberia. Don't ever say "i think i'm dressed warm enough". You can always take layers off, don't get caught shorthanded.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
When you leave your house, gauge the temperature. Then subtract about 5-10 degrees and prepare accordingly (especially if you sit upstairs or it's a windy day). It's all open and always warmer out back.
This is good advice. The grandstand faces north. A northwest wins is killer there. But on a sunny day it is literally 15 degrees warmer in the backyard because the sun is there even later in the afternoon. Bring an extra layer and remove it if conditions warrant.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2013, 06:09 AM   #6
pat

enter thru the grandstand entrance next to the clubhouse on the east side of the building and stay in the belmont cafe plenty of tables with televisions in room and has full glass enclosure to watch races live. If coming on weekend arrive between 1100-1115 to get a seat.weekdays a lot less crowded
pat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply