Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 07:47 PM   #1
TiffaniO
Queen B

Arienne Cox

Just a brutal rider. Rides only for her boyfriend. This trainer has some decent horses and she gets so many beaten that should gallop.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:17 PM   #2
jahura2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
Just a brutal rider. Rides only for her boyfriend. This trainer has some decent horses and she gets so many beaten that should gallop.
Haha, know her and her boy Wayne Rice well. It is actually a running joke with my crew at Keeneland. Usually an easy toss even if the horse looks competitive.
She did clunk up in the money with some big odds horses this last spring but overall you make money by using her as an automatic toss.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:03 AM   #3
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Rides only for her boyfriend.

Perhaps because she is 3-for-126 for all other trainers??
Old 06-25-2018, 12:45 PM   #4
Afleet

she has a few mounts at CD on Saturday
Old 06-25-2018, 03:55 PM   #5
Afleet

Quote:
women make you do crazy things
Old 06-25-2018, 04:58 PM   #6
clicknow

Gosh, I can think of a lot more potent "running jokes" than these 2.

She's riding 31% ITM for 2018 and has earned close to $4 million since 2006 when she started race riding. (she buys and sells horses as well, breaks and trains). She rode her first race at 1-1/2 mile marathon, and came in 3rd, which I think puts her in the history books?

An accomplished young woman, has a master's degree, a trainer's license, and owns horses and dogs and is dead fit and gorgeous......and has a BF who thinks the world of her.

Between them looks like they make a comfortable living, not bad if it also provides a lifestyle you are happy in. Not every jockey wants to starve themselves to death and win all the big races....there are tradeoffs. Not everyone wants to argue with owners and jockeys and trainers and such and they own most of what they race.

I just try to understand what motivates people and why they "do what they do".

Clearly, from a bettor standpoint, she isn't going to make ME rich.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-25-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #7
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Gosh, I can think of a lot more potent "running jokes" than these 2.

She's riding 31% ITM for 2018 and has earned close to $4 million since 2006 when she started race riding. (she buys and sells horses as well, breaks and trains). She rode her first race at 1-1/2 mile marathon, and came in 3rd, which I think puts her in the history books?

An accomplished young woman, has a master's degree, a trainer's license, and owns horses and dogs and is dead fit and gorgeous......and has a BF who thinks the world of her.

Between them looks like they make a comfortable living, not bad if it also provides a lifestyle you are happy in. Not every jockey wants to starve themselves to death and win all the big races....there are tradeoffs. Not everyone wants to argue with owners and jockeys and trainers and such and they own most of what they race.

I just try to understand what motivates people and why they "do what they do".

Clearly, from a bettor standpoint, she isn't going to make ME rich.
yeah then I don't really understand this thread. 31% ITM ain't bad. She's a millionaire. She has a bad run lately or what?

Sometimes I think it's true that women got to do more to prove themselves. Being the opposite gender of the usual in an industry makes a person stand out for good or bad.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:59 AM   #8
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadVindication View Post
yeah then I don't really understand this thread. 31% ITM ain't bad. She's a millionaire. She has a bad run lately or what?

Sometimes I think it's true that women got to do more to prove themselves. Being the opposite gender of the usual in an industry makes a person stand out for good or bad.
She’s riding good horses that most other riders would do much better with. Look up her 20 most recent rides and watch the replays. Then you’ll understand. I obviously don’t care she’s female.

However, when you are an “athlete” and you are poor at what you do, you get called out. Same as any football, baseball or basketball player. They are allowed to be critiqued. I could just as easily say “JR Smith is brutal”. Same idea.

As for the notion of the “record books”, first off, silly “record” and second off it was a 5 horse field where she plodded by 2 horses in the stretch after trailing for 1 7/16, but don’t let a fairy tale get in the way.

Last edited by TiffaniO; 06-27-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:12 PM   #9
MadVindication

Quote:
She’s riding good horses that most other riders would do much better with. Look up her 20 most recent rides and watch the replays. Then you’ll understand. I obviously don’t care she’s female.

However, when you are an “athlete” and you are poor at what you do, you get called out. Same as any football, baseball or basketball player. They are allowed to be critiqued.
I hear you.

People are probably better off receiving critique then having smoke blown up their ass that's for sure.

I like to follow female jocks I will check out her races.

At least it's not a case of a woman getting inferior mounts to the guys at a track. I don't know anything about how riders are decided or what goes on behind the scene. I've noticed this year at Woodbine Skye Chernetz and Chantal Sutherland are far more often on longer odds horses. And haven't yet heard of them getting any Queen's Plate mounts. Tho both girls have had great careers.
Old 06-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #10
clicknow

Again, I think they want to keep it in the family, their biz model involves using people they trust, and I see nothing wrong with this "model".

They seem to be the kind of family that keeps things close, aren't chasing any titles and mega billions, and the entire model seems like a balanced, happy, small owner/trainer/jockey combination that works for them. A whole family and extended family of "horse people" who each do their part to make their business work.

Looks like a succcess story to me. More of the old fashioned kind that I admire than the syndicate-based stuff of today.

Sure beats some of the insanity, stress, cheating and other malarchy I see in horse racing every day.

(not to mention the amount of riders I see every day "stiffing" a horse and not riding for the win) which really hurts the bettors. Obviously this family trusts the jockey they have, and don't want to go with a model where they have to argue the ride with "stranger".

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just saying I see and understand what they are doing.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-27-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:01 PM   #11
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Again, I think they want to keep it in the family, their biz model involves using people they trust, and I see nothing wrong with this "model".

They seem to be the kind of family that keeps things close, aren't chasing any titles and mega billions, and the entire model seems like a balanced, happy, small owner/trainer/jockey combination that works for them. A whole family and extended family of "horse people" who each do their part to make their business work.

Looks like a succcess story to me. More of the old fashioned kind that I admire than the syndicate-based stuff of today.

Sure beats some of the insanity, stress, cheating and other malarchy I see in horse racing every day.

(not to mention the amount of riders I see every day "stiffing" a horse and not riding for the win) which really hurts the bettors. Obviously this family trusts the jockey they have, and don't want to go with a model where they have to argue the ride with "stranger".

Not agreeing or disagreeing, just saying I see and understand what they are doing.
Curious. How many riders a day do you see "stiffing" horses?
Old 06-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Curiously, only the ones he loses on...
Old 06-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #13
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Any horse that he bets on that loses.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:05 PM   #14
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Curiously, only the ones he loses on...
Lmao you read my mind
Old 06-27-2018, 04:19 PM   #15
dilanesp

My favorite stiff job:

Closed Thread