Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-04-2017, 06:21 PM   #16
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
.....did connect hard on Awesome Palace ( $19.60) in the 2nd (excused her latest over wet track she detested, and liked the quick improvement on heels of most recent change of trainers..also saw her potentially in control of sluggish field, and loved her two-back start when competitive in much stronger field)...also nailed I'mluckysgirl ($7.00), whom I rated a near -lock in the 7th......incidentally, it was my impression that aside from a brutal trip, Fadlovich intentionally reserved U and Tequila off the pace today..
You and I were on the same page with these runners. My comment on Awesome Place was "Disliked off track last out. Gets preferred dry surface now. Live Bomb". I'mluckysgirl was my top pick in race 7 despite the ML of 6-1??? My personal line was 2-1, so $7.00 was nice!

RR
Old 12-04-2017, 07:59 PM   #17
bello
Veteran

Posted in the handicap section and had winners of races 4-7 pegged on top. Pleased for first time this year.

MM and RR...looks like rain tomorrow. Any usual bias on a wet track at MVR?
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2017, 08:26 PM   #18
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello View Post
Posted in the handicap section and had winners of races 4-7 pegged on top. Pleased for first time this year.

Mild negative rail is possible, as is anti-closer (which is not to be confused with pro-speed...really potent biases that favor quick and pure frontrunners are EXTREMELY rare at Mvr)

Congrats on some good handicapping, btw.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-04-2017, 08:30 PM   #19
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6 View Post
You and I were on the same page with these runners. My comment on Awesome Place was "Disliked off track last out. Gets preferred dry surface now. Live Bomb". I'mluckysgirl was my top pick in race 7 despite the ML of 6-1??? My personal line was 2-1, so $7.00 was nice!

RR
Lol. Not thrilled that somebody as sharp as you is so dedicated to keeping Mahoning bettors well-informed. It's going to cut into my profits this winter, at least a little-no doubt. I hope management appreciates you, good sir.

Last edited by mountainman; 12-04-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:29 PM   #20
Prof.Factor

Of the Woodbine shippers, Kevin Buttigieg runners are around 7/12 (58%). They haven't been surprises though.
Prof.Factor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2017, 08:52 AM   #21
rrpic6

Quote:

When there is an all day soaking rain, anything goes. A slow steady light rain does favor EP types. Usually middle of the track the place to be.

RR
Old 12-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #22
bello
Veteran

Thanks Gents for the insight.

Looks like a pretty good cold front went through already. I went through the card last night and definitely found it tougher than yesterday.

Still on the fence about playing today. I'll await track conditions and late changes.

Kudos on these huge fields
Old 12-05-2017, 07:16 PM   #23
mountainman

Quote:
Thanks Gents for the insight.

Looks like a pretty good cold front went through already. I went through the card last night and definitely found it tougher than yesterday.

Still on the fence about playing today. I'll await track conditions and late changes.

Kudos on these huge fields
Likewise had no strong opinions on today's races. Played light, made very modest profit on an uninspiring card. I rated the surface fair.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:21 PM   #24
bello
Veteran

I pounded the early DD and should have stopped there.Some good sized form reversals that threw me for a loop.

No Clouston at Mahoning?
Old 12-06-2017, 08:51 AM   #25
rrpic6

Quote:
I pounded the early DD and should have stopped there.Some good sized form reversals that threw me for a loop.

No Clouston at Mahoning?
Clouston has 3 in today. He's 2 for 9 so far at MVR. Cheap speed was hanging on yesterday. That will happen with a little moisture in the surface. Today track will be bone dry. Should be fair to all.

RR
Old 12-06-2017, 10:32 AM   #26
bello
Veteran

Today's card easier to decipher IMO. I'll be sending it in today.

If Clouston wins any of the races he is in, I will lose that race.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:35 AM   #27
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Played light, made very modest profit on an uninspiring card.
Was the ATM shut down?
Old 12-06-2017, 11:12 AM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Actually, Parx has been playing very nice the last month or so that I have been watching it. Not outrageous prices, but enough good one on horse who run to their form. If you re tired of state breds and turf sprints, it is the track to play.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:16 PM   #29
mountainman

Quote:
Today's card easier to decipher IMO. I'll be sending it in today.

If Clouston wins any of the races he is in, I will lose that race.
I killed them today...8/5...9/2 ..8-1..9-1...and 4-1 on a horse I loved in the last...best day for me in several years...

For future reference, sir, my 9-1 ($21.80) winner, Ideal Place, was a choppy mover who tended to stay left lead last year. Today, though, he moved smoothly and seemed to switch on cue. Also, he came from way back (against the grain) to blow by a loose leader who had controlled the pace. VERY live for next-if correctly spotted.

Last edited by mountainman; 12-06-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #30
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
Was the ATM shut down?
lol...I start with cash..and hit the atm only if I love an upcoming race...I also carry winning tickets from past cards in my pocket..

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: