Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-12-2018, 06:58 AM   #1
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Cowboy Joe

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/12...ntroversy.html

This guy is known as Cowboy Joe and he is also on the Wyoming license plates. I wonder if Jerry Jones' professional team will be forced to be the Multiracial Cowpersons. My son graduated from UW. Laramie is about as "old west" as you can get.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:04 AM   #2
RunForTheRoses

Ridiculous, this re-write of history/culture should be fought.

RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2018, 07:08 AM   #3
RunForTheRoses

RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2018, 07:39 AM   #4
GaryG
Unreconstructed

This just shows that universities are full of left wing loonies....even in Wyoming. Fortunately, that was not the case 30 years ago when my son was there.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:34 AM   #5
Inner Dirt

So now a cowboy mascot is offensive? Sometimes when I read articles about new PC standards I have to look in the address bar to make sure a virus hasn't redirected me to the Onion. What blows my mind is how some liberals I know personally fall in line and defend everything done by members of their party that just a couple of years ago they would have laughed off as completely insane. They call themselves progressives like it is something positive, they are becoming progressively more crazy.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Universities are a great place to hide from responsibilities and throw stones at others to make yourself feel important, like those moronic snowflakes at Yale Law.

And bathing is optional.

Quote:
“If you’re not a white person, and especially if you’re an Indian, it would make you feel out of place -- it wouldn’t make you feel too good about yourself.”
If that statue makes you feel not good about yourself, there probably is not much good you in the first place, you whining little snowflake. Grow a set and do something worthwhile and you will feel better.

Quote:
So now a cowboy mascot is offensive? Sometimes when I read articles about new PC standards I have to look in the address bar to make sure a virus hasn't redirected me to the Onion.
See, this is why even bullies have their place - some people really need to get their arse's kicked from time to time.

Last edited by Tom; 07-12-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I don't even pay attention to this growing nonsense any longer. I suspect a lot of other people feel the same.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #8
FakeNameChanged

The most amazing thing from this story was the Univ.of Wyoming paid an ad agency Half a Million Dollars($500,000) for the slogan, The World Needs More Cowboys. We're all pikers.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: