Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-20-2017, 08:39 PM   #1
ronsmac

Arlington Park alternate finish line

I've seen Arlington use the alternate finish line or short stretch for their 1m 1/16th races in the past. Does anyone know if they still occasionally use it and under what circumstances? Did they use it at all in 2016?
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #2
Thomas Roulston

They do it every time they run a 1 1/16 mile dirt race (see also Gulfstream). Conceivably they could also use it to run 7 1/2 furlongs on turf, but so far they haven't.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 05:19 PM   #3
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston View Post
They do it every time they run a 1 1/16 mile dirt race (see also Gulfstream). Conceivably they could also use it to run 7 1/2 furlongs on turf, but so far they haven't.
The first race yesterday was at 1 1/16m and they finished at the regular finish line. I'm guessing they're not using the other line this year.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 05:53 PM   #4
Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Roulston View Post
This isn't correct. The alternate finish is used based on the number of horses to run in the 1 1/16m races. I believe it is 9 or more horses to race and they will use the alternate finish. This is why race 1(6 horses)and race 4(8 horses) and race 5(8 horses)yesterday didn't use the alternate finish but race 8(12 horses)did.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2017, 05:55 PM   #5
Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
The first race yesterday was at 1 1/16m and they finished at the regular finish line. I'm guessing they're not using the other line this year.
Yes they will be using it, see my above post.
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: