Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-10-2016, 11:51 AM   #16
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong

Second, this election result was every bit of a damnation of your failed presidency. Go into the sunset and don't shade the cameras or White House ever again.
An article at The Federalist shows how Trump's election is the unintended legacy of Obama.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/09/5-ways-donald-trumps-victory-is-barack-obamas-legacy/
Old 11-10-2016, 12:12 PM   #17
Tor Ekman

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf
On a positive note - the LBGTs did real well under Obama. So he's got that going for him.
Not even that so much, since a slew of them were slaughtered like sitting ducks by an Islamoterrorist on his watch
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 12:16 PM   #18
Greyfox

Obama Had Her By The Short Curlies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
An article at The Federalist shows how Trump's election is the unintended legacy of Obama.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/09/5-ways-donald-trumps-victory-is-barack-obamas-legacy/
That is an excellent article.
Hillary Clinton will be angry today.
She will be waking up to the idea that her loss was due to promising to continue Obama's legacy, which was a disaster.
The fact is she'll be angry at herself for being handcuffed to and by Obama.
Because of the e-mail controversy she had to stay in Obama's good graces for fear that he would sic the Department of Justice and the FB.I. into indicting her, as they should have.
Hence Hillary had to keep singing Obama's praises, when large numbers of Americans could clearly see that "The Emperor had no clothes."
She could probably see that too, but was afraid to say otherwise.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
Golfed at least once every week and yet improved his game not a wit . . . now that's an achievement hard to match
I wish he would have golfed more instead of spending time dividing the country.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #20
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
On a positive note - the LBGTs did real well under Obama. So he's got that going for him.

Two points. Obama demeaned actual citizens, not only the opposite side of the aisle. "Bitter clingers, bible types" how about "The police acted stupidly"

He couldn't keep his mouth shut on issues he shouldn't be commenting on. Singling out citizens is unique in Presidential history.

A Lesbian couple that work for my wife surprised me a little last night. They are 30 something black women. I spent a half hour talking with them last night. I was surprised when they were celebrating a Trump victory with some customers.
After closing last night we were talking.

These two women told me they supported Trump because they are tired of being treated like children by the Dems. One stated that her whole family is made up of deadbeats. They were sick of the EBT crowd and "a bullshit black man who did nothing for anybody"

I enjoyed this conversation much.........
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 12:59 PM   #21
Tor Ekman

And a legacy of petty bitterness to the last:

From WSJ:
Quote:
The Obamas canceled a photo-op of the current and future first couples outside the south entrance of the White House. In his first visit to the White House after the 2008 election, Mr. Obama and first lady Michelle Obama posed for the cameras alongside President George W. Bush and first lady Laura Bush.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #22
DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
And a legacy of petty bitterness to the last:

From WSJ:
Perhaps President Trump will be able to return a measure of class to the office.
DSB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 01:28 PM   #23
woodbinepmi

Have a local friend that was given an invite to The White House for a meeting with POTUS on October the 25th, Barry didn't even show for the meeting. Pure CLASS.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:40 PM   #24
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi
Have a local friend that was given an invite to The White House for a meeting with POTUS on October the 25th, Barry didn't even show for the meeting. Pure CLASS.
He left the White House early that morning

Here's his schedule for that day

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog?page=1

Click the plus sign ifo the day
Old 11-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
He never missed a chance, did he? Foreign trips, on vacation, at the UN, on supposedly solemn occasions, he had to give the finger, figuratively and literally, to anyone outside his worldview or opposed to his agenda.
And told Republicans that they could coast on his coattails providing they sat at the back of the bus. Of course...TODAY....it's time for the Repugs to reach out to the Dems, in spite of the election results!
Old 11-10-2016, 03:59 PM   #26
Inner Dirt

Quote:
That's right, now drag queens can use the same bathroom as little girls, something to be real proud of.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 05:25 PM   #27
reckless
Veteran

Obama's legacy is the hundreds and hundreds, and I do mean hundreds of Democrats, that lost their office because of his policies and personality.

Beginning on the National level in Congress right on down to Governorships, state offices and even down to the very local positions in the smallest towns across the country, Democrats popularity lost throughout the eight years he's been President.

As flawed a candidate as Hillary Clinton was.... and as despicable a person Hillary is... truth be told, the Donald J. Trump victory was a direct repudiation of Barack Obama and his policies.

That's Obama's legacy.

Obama destroyed the Democrat Party (which is OK by me) for many years to come.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #28
BELMONT 6-6-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Obama's legacy is the hundreds and hundreds, and I do mean hundreds of Democrats, that lost their office because of his policies and personality.

Beginning on the National level in Congress right on down to Governorships, state offices and even down to the very local positions in the smallest towns across the country, Democrats popularity lost throughout the eight years he's been President.

As flawed a candidate as Hillary Clinton was.... and as despicable a person Hillary is... truth be told, the Donald J. Trump victory was a direct repudiation of Barack Obama and his policies.

That's Obama's legacy.

VERY WELL SAID! The lunatic liberals are choking in their own tears.
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2016, 10:43 AM   #29
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Trump will cancel his Executive Orders as a first priority. Release the EPA from the impossible requirements, restore coal mining jobs, re-activate Keystone XL, etc. What's left of Obama Care will be repealed. Hey Joe, that wasn't really such a BFD now, was it?
Old 11-11-2016, 11:40 AM   #30
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless

That's Obama's legacy.

On "Morning Joe" the other day they said 955 offices had gone from Dem to Repub since he was elected. This was only down to the state level.