Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-09-2016, 02:41 PM   #31
Clocker

A professor at Yale made his midterm exam optional, saying “I am getting many heartfelt notes from students who are in shock over the election returns” and who “fear, rightly or wrongly for their families” and are “requesting that the exam be postponed.”

So Trump is going after the families of Ivy League snow flakes? Is he going to deport them too?

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/yale-econ-professor-makes-midterm-optional-students-upset-trump-win
Old 11-09-2016, 02:43 PM   #32
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The above is precisely why this country is in major trouble. Not Trump. But the children who have been raised before Trump was ever a twinkle in the electorate's eye.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 03:05 PM   #33
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
A professor at Yale made his midterm exam optional, saying “I am getting many heartfelt notes from students who are in shock over the election returns” and who “fear, rightly or wrongly for their families” and are “requesting that the exam be postponed.”

So Trump is going after the families of Ivy League snow flakes? Is he going to deport them too?

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/yale-econ-professor-makes-midterm-optional-students-upset-trump-win
Don't these Ivy-Leaguers preach that "losing builds character"?
Old 11-09-2016, 03:07 PM   #34
Tor Ekman

Poor delicate snowflakes
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #35
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

No one knows for sure what Trump will do.
Everyone knows what Hillary would have done.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:13 PM   #36
woodtoo

Quote:
Inertia is the driving force in Washington. Ronald Reagan came in thinking that he could clean house and got educated. Obama thought he could put an end to "politics as usual" and never did figure it out. Trump is as naive and egotistical as Obama and has no where near the leadership ability of Reagan. Life will go on as usual.
U are wrong again.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 03:15 PM   #37
woodtoo

Quote:

Again u are off course. Wake UP.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 03:26 PM   #38
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
The above is precisely why this country is in major trouble. Not Trump. But the children who have been raised before Trump was ever a twinkle in the electorate's eye.
The safe places are probably full. I am not sure what a safe place is, but I envision a bomb shelter. Wonder what is going on at Emory in Atlanta. That's where they needed counseling after the phantom chalker put "Trump 2016" all over the campus.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:42 PM   #39
AndyC

Quote:
Obama went to Washington promising to put an end to politics as usual. He soon became a big part of those politics, just relying more on executive orders than on Congress.

It remains to be seen what path Trump takes. Everyone talks a good game before they take that seat in the Oval Office.
Obama had no other experience other than politics as usual. Why would anybody have expected anything different?

Trump, love him or hate him, has always been a goal-oriented doer. You might question his goals but it is highly unlikely that he will change his personality and become a politics as usual president.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 03:57 PM   #40
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
Obama did by issuing 'executive orders', by-passing Congress. Trump will just as easily rescind these orders.
That would be a great place for Trump to start! With a stroke of a pen undo BO's damage.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:02 PM   #41
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
No one knows for sure what Trump will do.
Everyone knows what Hillary would have done.
She would have gotten a double-barrel shotgun and unloaded one barrel into the 1st amendment and the other into the 2nd.
Old 11-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #42
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman
Poor delicate snowflakes
They should all migrate down to South of Zee Border U before the wall goes up. Plus for many of them that kind of move would motivate them to broaden the horizon to their language skills.

And speaking of which...has anyone ever wondered why all these talking heads, celebs, etc. keep threatening to move to Canada? I haven't heard or read about so much as one of them wanting to spend quality time with our mighty fine neighbors to the south. Instead...they want to move up to mostly white Canada? Does anyone detect a little racism here?
Old 11-09-2016, 04:12 PM   #43
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
I thought I was all laughed out from last night till I looked at those pictures.

Cleveland Indian fans, took their loss to the Cubs, in the 10th inning of game 7 of the World Series, better than that.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #44
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
The trend has been clear since 2010 at the grass roots level. Obama managed to rise above it based solely on personality politics. The elites mistook that for reality.

But then this election was greatly influenced by personality too. Trump's is arrogant and Hillary doesn't have one.
And she has way too many arrogant supports that inspired us to go forth and not give up. I suffer from depression, and had been locked in my apartment for 3 days up untl the election day, and kept finding things that kept me from getting out to vote. But I had to gut it out, think about Hillary, Obama, the MSM Media and their juandiced rhetoric, and I finally got up out of the chair, into the shower, and over to vote that afternoon. Sadly, beteen all the bad stuff coming out about Hillary, and all these people sobbing that her losing the election is the most awful thing, had me feeling that it was an incredibly important thing indeed.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #45
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
Again u are off course. Wake UP.
Thank you for explaining that in such detail.