Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 11-23-2020, 11:44 AM   #1
Partsnut
BetMix User

AOdds & Thoromation (The Dynamic DUO)

In my personal opinion, AOdds and Thoromation was and still are two of the best pieces of software to come out of he Sartin Methodology, they have not and will probably never be surpassed by the newer Sartin software offerings.
One thing is for certain, both of these softwares when used in conjunction with each other and with either BRIS or JCP data files are far less expensive to use with no annual subscriptions and the pace and numerical projections are 1000% far more accurate then what is currently being offered . I also believe that the masterful programming of Randy Kovachs (AOdds) was a work of art and will not be replicated by any current Sartin offerings , past, present or in the future. I believe Thoromation is probably the very best Sartin offering and a personal favorite of mine because when used correctly with Aodds one can come up with some really solid plays.
I am partial to Thoromation because my late friend, Michael Perry freelanced the prorgamming of the animated segment of the software. I also would praise Randy Kovachs for his awesome progamming ability and as being a fine gentleman.

Hopefully, there are those fortunate enough to still have and use these oldies but goodies.
I would like to hear the opinions of some current users of these two software's.

Last edited by Partsnut; 11-23-2020 at 11:49 AM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2020, 03:06 PM   #2
JimG

I will comment that Randy Kovach was one heck of a good programmer and a very nice guy to boot! I still own and occasionally look at ( I do not bet the races any longer) both Work Horse Pro and Aodds Super Gold 98 when I want to follow some racing.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2020, 03:12 PM   #3
Partsnut
BetMix User

Thoromation Example Race AQU 11-22-20 R8

Thoromation Example Race AQU 11-22-20 R8

Here's an example of some of the Thoromation read outs.
The RAC file needed by Thoromation was created by AOdds,
The whole process takes 5-10 minutes.

Please view the attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Thoromation EX Race.pdf (393.2 KB, 330 views)
Old 11-23-2020, 03:36 PM   #4
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
I will comment that Randy Kovach was one heck of a good programmer and a very nice guy to boot! I still own and occasionally look at ( I do not bet the races any longer) both Work Horse Pro and Aodds Super Gold 98 when I want to follow some racing.

Jim
Jim, You are an excellent handicapper and whooped my old butt on a few occasions, You had a knack for the turf.

Good choice of software,

Why not play the free contests on "The Sport OF Kings".
I recently placed in the top 10 in 2 finals and received 2 tee shirts, 300 tour points and a $50.00 credit account on "Horse Tourneys",
I invested $12.00 of the $50.00 credit on a PRX contest on 11-11-20 and placed 2nd. I was $1.40 away from first place.
I invested nothing and turned it into nearly $300.00
See attached file.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Contest 11-11-20.jpg (410.1 KB, 114 views)

Last edited by Partsnut; 11-23-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #5
JimG

Bill,

I appreciate the thought but I prefer to follow racing as a fan at this juncture of my life. I have had my share of success and failure both in contests and in real time betting. I have about 7 or 8 pieces of software and I may pull one of them out if I want to follow a particular card for a day.

Only exception to the above is the NHC which I still support a buddy of mine who actually won many years ago. He always seems to qualify so I actually study the races hard one weekend a year. LOL

Continued success.

Jim
Old 11-23-2020, 05:57 PM   #6
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post

Jim
Are both of those programs dos?
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2020, 06:33 PM   #7
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
Are both of those programs dos?

Neither one. Both of them are windows 16-bit (on the install) 32-bit otherwise.

Jim
Old 11-23-2020, 06:47 PM   #8
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Never had the chance to use AOdds before! Always thought it was a dos program.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2020, 07:12 PM   #9
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
Never had the chance to use AOdds before! Always thought it was a dos program.

There was a dos version a few years prior to the windows version.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:25 PM   #10
Partsnut
BetMix User

I will try and project the winner of RPX R-8 using Thoromation
I will go with "Tough" the top listed horse in my attached file.

I am using this projection as an example and will not bet any horse to win below 4-1 odds at post time.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg R-8.jpg (28.6 KB, 108 views)
Old 11-23-2020, 09:39 PM   #11
Partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut View Post
I will try and project the winner of RPX R-8 using Thoromation
I will go with "Tough" the top listed horse in my attached file.

I am using this projection as an example and will not bet any horse to win below 4-1 odds at post time.
Ran 4th at 2-1 odds (No Bet)

Old 12-16-2020, 07:09 PM   #12
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsnut View Post

In my personal opinion, AOdds and Thoromation was and still are two of the best pieces of software to come out of he Sartin Methodology, they have not and will probably never be surpassed by the newer Sartin software offerings.
One thing is for certain, both of these softwares when used in conjunction with each other and with either BRIS or JCP data files are far less expensive to use with no annual subscriptions and the pace and numerical projections are 1000% far more accurate then what is currently being offered . I also believe that the masterful programming of Randy Kovachs (AOdds) was a work of art and will not be replicated by any current Sartin offerings , past, present or in the future. I believe Thoromation is probably the very best Sartin offering and a personal favorite of mine because when used correctly with Aodds one can come up with some really solid plays.
I am partial to Thoromation because my late friend, Michael Perry freelanced the prorgamming of the animated segment of the software. I also would praise Randy Kovachs for his awesome progamming ability and as being a fine gentleman.

Hopefully, there are those fortunate enough to still have and use these oldies but goodies.
I would like to hear the opinions of some current users of these two software's.

Just read thread late, agree of course.
There were so many versions, or flavor of the year and thought I beat them all to death. The rendition that I worked was the EXDC, I thought the Paradigm part was expanded to more correct wording for thought. The question is was this the flavor prior to Energy or did a following one have hard copy like Energy did? Before Binders passing I sent him a PM and did not realize he was that ill till I got his response.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2020, 07:20 PM   #13
crestridge
Paladin & Fudge

So how does one obtain a copy of these programs? I'm kinda a "semi collector" of old programs. Is there a certain location (other than RDSS) to locate old programs?

Last edited by crestridge; 12-16-2020 at 07:23 PM.
crestridge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2020, 07:43 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Two threads today - this one and bucktron's one about novel ideas
go well together.

I agree that AODDS and T-Mation are great programs, and would add KGEN is my favorite.

The novel idea is to use TIMEFORM's adjusted times in the Sartin programs. I get good results even considering the older programs use fifths of a second. Of course, no program adjustments are needed, unless you make your own based on TF TIMES.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:10 PM   #15
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by crestridge View Post
So how does one obtain a copy of these programs? I'm kinda a "semi collector" of old programs. Is there a certain location (other than RDSS) to locate old programs?
To begin with they are not going to run on today's computers, those who have them "got them back in the day". I don't think many over at Pace 'n Cap are still using much of the old stuff and I think they are allergic to collectors.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: