Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-16-2020, 01:50 PM   #4486
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Why is you can not post a coherent reply without dozens of irrelevant biblical passages, and without insulting anyone who disagrees with you? What don't you get about being human?

Are you purposely practicing your pomposity?

Not only must you explain your Yahweh murdering suckling infants and farm animals in the bible, but why your Yahweh outside the bible, created an insect which buries itself in a child's eye causing unimaginable pain, suffering and death.

How come bunky? Why would Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent and last but not least Omnibenevolent god(all-loving),.... want to create such misery?

Could it be original sin was not quite enough of a burden?
If YOU -- if YOU are so interested in seeing and experiencing Paradise Restored -- a pristine planet with no suffering, mo misery, no sorrow, no pain, no more death -- then you'll need to repent of your sins and believe in the Messiah for the forgiveness of your personal sins. Then and only then -- will you see world that is perfectly righteous.

But until then...feel free to whine about divine justice as it is administered upon this evil world. But understand: God's curse upon this evil world will not be lifted until Christ returns.

And this discussion has never been about being human, save for you foolish attempts to make God over in your corrupt image and in your profane ideas of human justice.
Old 04-16-2020, 01:56 PM   #4487
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
If YOU -- if YOU are so interested in seeing and experiencing Paradise Restored -- a pristine planet with no suffering, mo misery, no sorrow, no pain, no more death -- then you'll need to repent of your sins and believe in the Messiah for the forgiveness of your personal sins. Then and only then -- will you see world that is perfectly righteous.

But until then...feel free to whine about divine justice as it is administered upon this evil world. But understand: God's curse upon this evil world will not be lifted until Christ returns.

And this discussion has never been about being human, save for you foolish attempts to make God over in your corrupt image and in your profane ideas of human justice.
That's why chatting with you is such a pleasurable experience. You always bring something NEW to the conversation.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:32 PM   #4488
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
That's why chatting with you is such a pleasurable experience. You always bring something NEW to the conversation.
Nothing new! I just expanded Hcap's worm-in-the-eye-of-a-child narrative to the real, overarching, fundamental question: Why IS misery, suffering, pain, sorrow and death in THIS world? Since Hcap is waxing so very concerned about this question, I just pointed him to what he should do if he really wants to experience a future perfect world that will occur at the end of this age.

I would suggest, however, that you don't wait with bated breath for Hcap to show us all just how badly he wants to become part of that perfect, pristine world.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:33 PM   #4489
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
You're lying again. I used the term "fulfilled" twice in the "subject post".
But not the term "fulfillment." I blame the error on the search engine but I'll concede the point and apologize.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:36 PM   #4490
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Your supposition. Prove it.
I'm writing a book. I'll put you down for a copy.

Quote:
By this standard:

Matt 24:21-22
Scirpture proves nothing.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:42 PM   #4491
thaskalos

Quote:
Nothing new! I just expanded Hcap's worm-in-the-eye-of-a-child narrative to the real, overarching, fundamental question: Why IS misery, suffering, pain, sorrow and death in THIS world? Since Hcap is waxing so very concerned about this question, I just pointed him to what he should do if he really wants to experience a future perfect world that will occur at the end of this age.

I would suggest, however, that you don't wait with bated breath for Hcap to show us all just how badly he wants to become part of that perfect, pristine world.
"God's curse upon this evil world won't be lifted until Christ returns"...is your argument. And you can't see why people remain unconvinced? What if Christ NEVER returns? Lengthy absences create doubts, Boxcar...
Old 04-16-2020, 04:46 PM   #4492
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

With everyone staying home, now is an excellent time for Boxers to finish his preparation for that handicapping contest vs Thaskalos, eh?
Lololol
Old 04-16-2020, 04:55 PM   #4493
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
"God's curse upon this evil world won't be lifted until Christ returns"...is your argument. And you can't see why people remain unconvinced? What if Christ NEVER returns? Lengthy absences create doubts, Boxcar...

What if, what if? Indeed! What if the moon is made of Swiss Cheese, after all?
Old 04-16-2020, 05:32 PM   #4494
Light
Veteran

Quote:

God's curse upon this evil world will not be lifted until Christ returns.
Heaven is within you as Jesus said, and in there you will find God. So if you are waiting for Jesus to come, you are looking in the wrong place.

If you are sick and feel like puking, do you think an external fairy land that you call Heaven will make you feel better? No you are still going to feel like crap.

Similarity, if God or Jesus appeared and you are not CONNECTED to their energy within but your connection is superficial, such as "scripture" which has no experience or energy of its own, then you will continue to be spiritually empty.

God is smarter than you or your scriptures. He knows the way to a man's mind is though his heart, and since even the Bible says "God is Love" that's where he resides.

So you don't need to wait for God. Not only is he and Jesus already here, but they are waiting for YOU, to see they are already here.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2020, 05:40 PM   #4495
Hank

Quote:
Quote:
I do think we affect others.
No, not boxcar, but other posters in the past have corresponded with me asking about my sources and specific opinions regarding comments I have made.

I also find in the process of formulating responses to others, it may generate further reflection sometimes deepening my own questions and partially understood concepts.

Years ago I used to own a Japanese wood print of a solitary monk intensely sewing his garment. His gaze was focused on the very point the taut thread was yanking on and exiting the cloth. The tension on the mending thread, and "one pointed attention" of the monk's gaze, was striking. At the time I was 100% sure the Japanese artist was conveying solely what I felt. Quite effective and meaningful.

As the years passed I studied Sufism after giving away that wood print.

Came across the "Prophet and faithful Muslims wore garments of wool to denote their detachment from the world and simplicity in living."
The original meaning of sufi seems to have been "one who wears wool (ṣūf)",
I discovered it was an important theme to mend one's own woolen robes Sufis took great joy and solace in doing it to the best they could. The concept of caring for their garments symbolized the repair of torn and fragmented "selves" we present to the world. In a sense mending our disjointed habitual surface personalities, we often believe we are.

So my earlier friend, the solitary Japanese monk sewing his robe, appeared to have much in common with people across the globe in Persia. It's good to make those type of connections, and every once and a while relating different stories to others they get sewn together for myself.

You may be right 95% of this thread is ego against ego.
So is life.
Greetings Cap.You are Correct. Truth seekers will be aided by other like minded persons. Only a small minority are willing to face the fact that many of the prevailing beliefs of "their" societies are myths that have little or no relation to objective truth or reality.And of course the antithesis of the truth seeker is the cowardly zealot who mindlessly clings to ancient improbable dogma.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2020, 05:52 PM   #4496
hcap

So box, looks like I hit a very deep nerve. All I did was rephrase the basic philosophical conundrum literal minded biblical Christians face:

Why does evil exist, if God is good?

One more time in the context of that poor African child suffering and dying as a result of an insect burrowing into her eye.
Quote:
Why would an Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent and last but not least Omnibenevolent god(all-loving),.... want to create such misery?

Could it be original sin was not quite enough of a burden?

Please don't tell me your Yahweh created free will so humans may "freely" choose between him and NOT him.

No human chooses to incubate a bug in her eye until death.

Last edited by hcap; 04-16-2020 at 06:01 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2020, 05:54 PM   #4497
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Greetings Cap.You are Correct. Truth seekers will be aided by other like minded persons. Only a small minority are willing to face the fact that many of the prevailing beliefs of "their" societies are myths that have little or no relation to objective truth or reality.And of course the antithesis of the truth seeker is the cowardly zealot who mindlessly clings to ancient improbable dogma.
Glad to hear from you.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:21 PM   #4498
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Heaven is within you as Jesus said, and in there you will find God. So if you are waiting for Jesus to come, you are looking in the wrong place.

If you are sick and feel like puking, do you think an external fairy land that you call Heaven will make you feel better? No you are still going to feel like crap.

Similarity, if God or Jesus appeared and you are not CONNECTED to their energy within but your connection is superficial, such as "scripture" which has no experience or energy of its own, then you will continue to be spiritually empty.

God is smarter than you or your scriptures. He knows the way to a man's mind is though his heart, and since even the Bible says "God is Love" that's where he resides.

So you don't need to wait for God. Not only is he and Jesus already here, but they are waiting for YOU, to see they are already here.
Who said I'm waiting for God? God lives within me by his Holy Spirit -- which is the kingdom of God within! But I am waiting for the return of Jesus Christ who will usher in the visible, eternal Kingdom when he creates a new heaven and new earth in which righteousness dwells.

And how can God be smarter than this own inspired scriptures?
Old 04-16-2020, 07:32 PM   #4499
boxcar

Quote:
So box, looks like I hit a very deep nerve. All I did was rephrase the basic philosophical conundrum literal minded biblical Christians face:

Why does evil exist, if God is good?

One more time in the context of that poor African child suffering and dying as a result of an insect burrowing into her eye.

Please don't tell me your Yahweh created free will so humans may "freely" choose between him and NOT him.

No human chooses to incubate a bug in her eye until death.
Oh...is that what you think you did: Rephrase a supposed "philosophical conundrum"? This "conundrum" is a product of your own carnal imagination. Evil exists because Good exists; and Jesus taught that only God alone is Good. It's impossible for Evil to exist apart from God, since evil is not a thing per se, but a deprivation of a thing, i.e. Good. (Just like darkness is the absence of light!)

And again, what part of "wages of sin is death", don't you get? Is there a place where no "poor African child is dying as a result of an insect burrowing into her eye"? Yes, there is. But not here on this planet -- not in this age. If YOU want to attain to the next age of Paradise Restored, I told you what you must do. The choice is freely yours. If not, please tell us how you just hate having the capacity to freely choose to hate God.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:32 PM   #4500
thaskalos

Quote:
And how can God be smarter than this own inspired scriptures?
I think you just provided TJDave with another signature line.