Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #61
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by David-LV
The symbol change from HOL to BHP could be a contributing factor for data based handicappers that run computer programs.

_________
David-LV
It was annoying, but simple to fix. I doubt it had any impact.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #62
usedtolovetvg

I do know people, other than myself, who are disgusted by the way TVG conducts itself. While I doubt the name change was a contributing factor, I also don't see any positives that was supposed to help drive HP handle, i.e. marketing, Betfair Lounge, etc.
usedtolovetvg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #63
Canarsie

Quote:
The only problem that you have with your statement is that computer records that are maintained by the race books in Las Vegas are controlled and regulated by the Nevada Gaming Control Board, so accurate proof is quite easily obtained.

Last I looked all those so called handicappers that you are bragging about are still working for a living.

BTW: Overall handle for the recent meet at Hollywood Park was down 2%.
________
David-LV

You only bet with one book? Surely you can have a profit with one and a deficit with another. Numbers are the easiest thing in the world to play with there isn't one rebuttal to that statement.

Where am I bragging about them? They are REQUIRED to make multiple picks in a race by their employers. Certainly with all the money your making you can spend a little on a reading comprehension course it might help you a lot. You were the one who stated "they call me so and so in LV". You were the one who slammed them about their selections and then stated how great you were. Again why are you looking at anyone else's selections if you are the king of the hill. To complain about it to boot is pure folly.

BTW what does handle have to do with the absurd statement you made? That reading comprehension course is looking might good to me. Next time your in NJ I'll take you to one on me.

How about paying me a buck every time BHP is used. Of course if your gracious enough to take me up on it every cent will be donated to charity.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #64
David-LV
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie
You only bet with one book? Surely you can have a profit with one and a deficit with another. Numbers are the easiest thing in the world to play with there isn't one rebuttal to that statement.

Where am I bragging about them? They are REQUIRED to make multiple picks in a race by their employers. Certainly with all the money your making you can spend a little on a reading comprehension course it might help you a lot. You were the one who stated "they call me so and so in LV". You were the one who slammed them about their selections and then stated how great you were. Again why are you looking at anyone else's selections if you are the king of the hill. To complain about it to boot is pure folly.

BTW what does handle have to do with the absurd statement you made? That reading comprehension course is looking might good to me. Next time your in NJ I'll take you to one on me.

How about paying me a buck every time BHP is used. Of course if your gracious enough to take me up on it every cent will be donated to charity.
WOW, I guess you told me off. Good luck you probability need a little luck in your life.
It appears that you are the type that if I showed you my birth certificate you would say I wasn't born.

If I was to pay you a buck every time that TVG said Betfair Hollywood Park you would be making a record contribution to your favorite charity.

BTW: I bet with more than one book, but the only thing is that they are all owned by the same company and I use the same players club card at all of them. Their records are very accurate. Pay me a visit and I'll show you how it all works, but you get no dinner.

________
David-LV

Last edited by David-LV; 07-24-2012 at 01:40 PM.
David-LV is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #65
Charli125

Quote:
BTW: Overall handle for the recent meet at Hollywood Park was down 2%.
________
David-LV
Well, that might be what they said, but it's not true. Handle was down 11.4% overall(4 fewer race days and 32 fewer races), or 4.9%/race, or 4.3%/day.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #66
Canarsie

Quote:
WOW, I guess you told me off. Good luck you probability need a little luck in your life.
It appears that you are the type that if I showed you my birth certificate you would say I wasn't born.

If I was to pay you a buck every time that TVG said Betfair Hollywood Park you would be making a record contribution to your favorite charity.

BTW: I bet with more than one book, but the only thing is that they are all owned by the same company and I use the same players club card at all of them. Their records are very accurate. Pay me a visit and I'll show you how it all works, but you get no dinner.

________
David-LV

It's called credibility something you are severely lacking. I am only exposing your fraudulent statements and your response is extremely poor.

Why are you so concerned about public handicappers? You failed to answer that question also.

Once again what does handle have to do what I asked? Inquiring minds want to know.

Here is what you said this wasn't about TVG saying any name. It was YOUR comment on the re-branding.

Quote:
Betfair???

I find it hard to believe that fans going out to a track that was called Hollywood Park for 74 years are now going to say I'm going out to Betfair to play the races.

No chance, not in this lifetime or the next.

________
David-LV
Within 24 hours of the re-branding BHP was posted as threads by numerous people. But of course I pointed that out to you already with no rebuttal.

Btw what makes you think I would like to have dinner with you? 100% of the time I want to enjoy myself and not hear some self serving prophet blow hot air all over a dining experience. Having dinner with you would equate to betting a horse running well up the track. That's something you can probably relate to very well since you choose to look and criticize everyone else's selections.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #67
tzipi

Quote:
You are no rocket scientist my friend, I just disagree with the way you present your show.

I am far, far from clueless just ask anybody that knows me and they will tell what my nickname is.

Just a hint, it has to do with how much money I've made playing this great game, either harness or flats.

So if you every come to Las Vegas send me an E-Mail and maybe I can teach you a few things and dinner is on me, you name the place.

_______
David-LV

David you say your not "clueless" but you criticize the way Andy presents "HIS" show. How is it HIS show? It's NYRA's show. He is told how to present his show. If there's a superfecta race, the bettors may want four horses they can use.

Anyone can say their nickname is about how many bags of money they make and can take everyone to the greatest most expensive restaurants in Vegas. It's the internet and you don't have to prove it. Again, I live in a 50 room house. So there!

If I won "bags of money" everyday in Vegas and my nickname was a money statement, I wouldn't be on a board trashing a solid handicapper in NY for doing his job. But that's just me.
tzipi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2012, 02:27 AM   #68
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedtolovetvg
I do know people, other than myself, who are disgusted by the way TVG conducts itself.
Disgusted? By a rinky dink cable channel that talks about horse racing all day long?

Really?

You must live a charmed life if that's what it takes to disgust you. I can think of a lot more horrible things in this world...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2012, 03:21 AM   #69
David-LV
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzipi
David you say your not "clueless" but you criticize the way Andy presents "HIS" show. How is it HIS show? It's NYRA's show. He is told how to present his show. If there's a superfecta race, the bettors may want four horses they can use.

Anyone can say their nickname is about how many bags of money they make and can take everyone to the greatest most expensive restaurants in Vegas. It's the internet and you don't have to prove it. Again, I live in a 50 room house. So there!

If I won "bags of money" everyday in Vegas and my nickname was a money statement, I wouldn't be on a board trashing a solid handicapper in NY for doing his job. But that's just me.
Proof you want, next time you visit Las Vegas just send me an e-mail and all the proof you need will be waiting for you.

I find the handicapping shows sort of amusing when I watch them, but most of the time I have the sound off as I am to busy getting my work together.

Time to go and get ready for Wed. Just another day at the office!!

It is scary how jealous some people in this game are.

_______
David-LV

Last edited by David-LV; 07-25-2012 at 03:28 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #70
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:

Are we in the twilight zone?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #71
castaway01

Quote:
Proof you want, next time you visit Las Vegas just send me an e-mail and all the proof you need will be waiting for you.

I find the handicapping shows sort of amusing when I watch them, but most of the time I have the sound off as I am to busy getting my work together.

Time to go and get ready for Wed. Just another day at the office!!

_______
David-LV
Obviously the mirrors aren't working in your home. If I'm wrong and they are, take a look in one of them.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #72
David-LV
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
Obviously the mirrors aren't working in your home. If I'm wrong and they are, take a look in one of them.
Pile on boys, I love it.

________
David-LV
Old 07-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #73
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Pile on boys, I love it.

________
David-LV
I'd love to see some of this winning in action. How about having an opinion on a race......ever.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #74
lamboguy

i am just curious if you can bet house q's there these days.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #75
David-LV
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i am just curious if you can bet house q's there these days.
Yes at some of the places, like at the Stations, Cantor Gaming, and at some of the other smaller race books.

________
David-LV

Last edited by David-LV; 07-25-2012 at 11:52 AM.