Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-19-2022, 09:25 PM   #16
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I know people that grew up in Russia. I was told how bad it was and probably still is. I'm glad I never lived there.

I think Americans don't understand how bad some of the people in our government (or pulling the strings) are because it's hidden by corrupt institutions and media. Also, sometimes they agree with the actions. That's second point is subtle, but important.

Taking Crimea was a despicable act, but it was clearly in Russia's national security interests to do so. I'd bet a lot of Russians supported it even though they aren't bad people.

IMO lying to the US public in order to start a war in Iraq and overthrow Saddam was a despicable act, but it was in US security interests. Many in the US supported it.

Both medias virtually never tell the truth, but Americans are just starting to figure out how bad ours is and how bad some of the people pulling strings in the US are.

As to what I agree with Putin about. It's not much. I'll say I don't know what his core beliefs are, but publicly he certainly has a more traditional view on some cultural issues I think are critical to having a healthy society than a lot of democrats.
This sounds legit, the way you worded it before made me do a double take. I agree about the media, but it isn't comparable to the state run media in Russia.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2022, 09:27 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
I agree about the media, but it isn't comparable to the state run media in Russia.
That's up for serious debate
Old 12-19-2022, 09:38 PM   #18
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
That's up for serious debate
Absurd.

Report something Putin doesn’t like and you can be disappeared.
Old 12-19-2022, 09:40 PM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Absurd.

You admittedly don't care and don't pay attention to anything, so I fail to see how you are even remotely qualified to comment.
Old 12-19-2022, 09:54 PM   #20
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You admittedly don't care and don't pay attention to anything, so I fail to see how you are even remotely qualified to comment.
Deflection.
Old 12-19-2022, 11:41 PM   #21
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
This sounds legit, the way you worded it before made me do a double take. I agree about the media, but it isn't comparable to the state run media in Russia.
state run media is just as accurate in Russia as state run media in USA, but I am not sure what you are comparing them on
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2022, 01:25 PM   #22
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Absurd.

If you report something the establishment in the US doesn't like, you will eventually lose your reputation, career, income, get attacked so relentlessly in the press it becomes open season on you and your family, and everyone will look the other way if you get physically attacked.

And to be quite honest, even though I can't prove it in any specific case (and imo there are loads of them), I'd bet anything at even money that quite a few people in the US have been killed because they were a threat to some corruption in the US.

I think it's even money Epstein alone was killed in jail because he could expose powerful politicians, businessmen, and elitists. The media did nothing about Epstein for years even though they all knew what was going on. That's most likely because they were afraid to say anything. They knew how powerful the people were that were involved and knew Epstein was probably an IC asset. To expose that probably meant instant career death and potential actual death.

IMO, you are wildly underrating how corrupt the US is.

And again, I always want to make it clear that I love the US, love most Americans and think they are good people even when I disagree with them, love US ideals etc... I just think a lot of the people running the show in and outside government are self righteous, arrogant, corrupt, elitist, sociopathic, and have totalitarian tendencies. They are a pretty evil group in my book.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-20-2022 at 01:34 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2022, 01:46 PM   #23
davew

Epstein was probably working with some national security organizations from multiple countries. Control of powerful people is much easier with incriminating blackmail material.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply