Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Why I hate TVG

.....no chicklets at Belmont.
HRTV has chicklets, TVG no.

As someone who has never been a trip gut or a race watcher, besides my own bet, I find the chicklets very helpful and I am getting a lot more out of watching races than I ever did. The MSG show is a much more source of good handicapping information than ever before.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Some_One

Do they show the Kee or Wo chicklets?
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

No, they just show them in a line.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I like being able to see a move in the back and quickly look down and see who it is.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
.....no chicklets at Belmont.
HRTV has chicklets, TVG no.

As someone who has never been a trip gut or a race watcher, besides my own bet, I find the chicklets very helpful and I am getting a lot more out of watching races than I ever did. The MSG show is a much more source of good handicapping information than ever before.
This is one my more prevalent gripes against TVG. The service uses their own graphics instead of track graphics. I HATE that..
If a track is carried on both, I watch HRTV. First, their hosts don't goof around on set. Second, HRTV does not hammer viewers with horizontal bets while for the most part eschewing straight and vertical wagers.
And I really cannot stand that really young guy with the "lisch" speech impediment. He sounds like he has a mouthful of life savers.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Not chicklets, no lines - no nothing at WO today.
The TVG guy with the brain called in sick.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Now they are there for WO and gone from KEE.
Amazing how incompetence runs wild.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Now they are there for WO and gone from KEE.
Amazing how incompetence runs wild.
Fine with me. TVG has gone down hill in the last few years.
It's almost as the service management has the on camera talent thinking they are more important than the racing action.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #9
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I like being able to see a move in the back and quickly look down and see who it is.
Funny, I hate the "chicklets" - is that the official term for those annoying numbers floating around at the bottom of the screen?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #10
Fingal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
This is one my more prevalent gripes against TVG. The service uses their own graphics instead of track graphics. I HATE that..
If a track is carried on both, I watch HRTV.
Isn't it amazing when someone thinks their wheel is better than the round one ?
Fingal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #11
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingal
Isn't it amazing when someone thinks their wheel is better than the round one ?
Amazing? Yes.. Even more accurately, astounding.
No one at TVG has ever responded to the emails I sent asking why the channel does not use track graphics.
That's in poor form.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #12
Zydeco

Also, no Turf Paradise on TVG? Thought the Paradise was a staple on TVG. Wonder who's fault this is?
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Not a good weekend for chicklets - off and on at several tracks.
The technology of Trakus is wasted on the ineptitude of racing.
Someone at TVG probably thought it was a Skittles commercial and turned it off.
Every day, racing just underwhelms me.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #14
ultracapper

The chatter is unbearable, they pat each other on the back all the way up to post time, never challenging each other. Paul gives you his pick, and 5 other horses that "have a look", Simon tells him "sure, your horse has a shot", Todd throws out some fantasy based on a decent 3/8s of a mile move in a race 4 back and how if the horse does that today, he could make some noise, and the other 2 don't say anything other than, "yeah, he could have a chance". I think the reason Nick Hines is gone is because Matty got tired of being told his choice wasn't going to do a thing. They are all useless. I can predict about 70% of the time which horse the kid is going to land on, his handicapping is so rudimentary.

But the worst of it all is they take absolutely no responsibility for the horses they promote. Time after time all three of them, regardless of which three it is, will beat on a favorite and say time and again, this horse really looks tough here, and after he gets beat, not mention a thing about it, as if they never even discussed the horse. The last race Saturday at SA, Smith, who was having a big day, was riding the 7/5 favorite. They couldn't get out of their own way talking this thing up, and after the race when it was nowhere, they made absolutely no mention of it. Zero. Absolutely zero. There was a race the previous week where they went on and on about how this horse was going to wire the field. The whole 20 minutes before the race was discussing if anything could go with it. Was there even a reason to look at anything else in the race? Every comment was how to bet under this sure thing wire to wire winner. Not only did the horse not win, not only was the horse not even a part of the race, but it broke about 6th and never even got within smelling distance of the lead. I mean right out of the gate, the horse was done. Not only was this frustrating because of the constant blabber about the horse, but to insist that the horse was going to get the front in that field without so much as the tiniest competiton from anybody else was so far off the mark, it was embarrassing. I can forgive poor handicapping, and this was the epitome of it, but then just moving on as if they never even considered the horse as part of the field, was just irresponsible to their viewing audience. Then about 30 seconds later, they're trying to get you to sign up for this or that so you can view their "expert" selections on the web site. The whole damn crew is guilty of it. They are horrid.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2013, 03:46 AM   #15
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

That's their job. It's what they're told to do, and if they don't do it, they'll be shown the door.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: