Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-05-2018, 01:02 AM   #271
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I remember a 40 degree change in 4 hours once in the upper Midwest, is that too fast?
I don't know, depends on how quickly you removed your thermometer from where the sun don't shine, out into the open?
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 08:50 AM   #272
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Hint: It is not what the ideal temperature should be, it is how fast it changes.
we had a 90 degree temp swing in 36 hours once. Is that too much? Lol. You alarmists are hilarious. You will never answer that question and go on record with an actual number. It would be the kids of death for your cult
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #273
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
we had a 90 degree temp swing in 36 hours once. Is that too much? Lol. You alarmists are hilarious. You will never answer that question and go on record with an actual number. It would be the kids of death for your cult

Wow, 90 degrees, where do you live? I have lived at the beach, high mountains and desert in California and in the woods in Central Virginia and I don't think I have been in much more than a 50 degree swing in that time period. It probably was a Virginia winter where it hit low single digits at night and then warmed up into the 50's a day and a half later.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 09:47 AM   #274
Inner Dirt

My favorite climate alarmist garbage spewing is how a one degree average increase in ocean temperature creates wide spread disruption and devastation to all forms of ocean life. I lived a few years in San Clemente Ca and would take a morning jog 6 times a week down the beach. They posted the water temp on the pier every morning. It would get down in the 50's in winter time and into the 70's in summer, that must cause some major death and destruction.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 10:21 AM   #275
hcap

According to the Committee on Abrupt Climate Change of the National Research Council:[1][18]

There are essentially two definitions of abrupt climate change:

In terms of physics, it is a transition of the climate system into a different mode on a time scale that is faster than the responsible forcing.
In terms of impacts, "an abrupt change is one that takes place so rapidly and unexpectedly that human or natural systems have difficulty adapting to it".

These definitions are complementary: the former gives some insight into how abrupt climate change comes about ; the latter explains why there is so much research devoted to it.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #276
hcap

Abrupt Climate Change
https://www.whoi.edu/main/topic/abrupt-climate-change

Earth's climate has changed many times and in many different ways over geologic history. These changes have most often played out over many thousands of years.

Today, however, human activity—primarily in the form of increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere—is putting slow, inexorable pressure on the planetary system that governs Earth's climate. This is raising concerns that the climate could respond in abrupt and unexpected ways, shifting temperature or precipitation patterns in ways that may make it difficult for human society to adapt.
.................................................. ......

What scientific evidence do we have that abrupt climate change has happened before?
http://ocp.ldeo.columbia.edu/res/div...examples.shtml

Last edited by hcap; 08-05-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:33 AM   #277
fast4522

Quote:
Abrupt Climate Change
https://www.whoi.edu/main/topic/abrupt-climate-change

Earth's climate has changed many times and in many different ways over geologic history. These changes have most often played out over many thousands of years.

Today, however, human activity—primarily in the form of increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere—is putting slow, inexorable pressure on the planetary system that governs Earth's climate. This is raising concerns that the climate could respond in abrupt and unexpected ways, shifting temperature or precipitation patterns in ways that may make it difficult for human society to adapt.
.................................................. ......

What scientific evidence do we have that abrupt climate change has happened before?
http://ocp.ldeo.columbia.edu/res/div...examples.shtml
Just buy a Urn that is waterproof and floats.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 10:46 AM   #278
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I don't know, depends on how quickly you removed your thermometer from where the sun don't shine, out into the open?
Lots of thermometers that measure your data are not placed according to protocol. Many of them. Bogus readings.

I posted a link to a very long story about the fraud going on.
Old 08-05-2018, 10:59 AM   #279
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Lots of thermometers that measure your data are not placed according to protocol. Many of them. Bogus readings.

I posted a link to a very long story about the fraud going on.
That was Anthony Watts BOGUS claim. I posted many links shoeing his "paper" and data were not the full story and THE actual FRAUD of Watts , TV weatherman only, trying to be a scientist.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/WattsandBEST.html
Old 08-05-2018, 11:04 AM   #280
davew

what the h@ll are they spraying? and why are they climate engineering?

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #281
hcap

Anthony Watts credentials.
https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Anthony_Watts

Willard Anthony Watts (Anthony Watts) is a blogger, weathercaster and non-scientist, paid AGW denier who runs the website wattsupwiththat.com. He does not have a university qualification and has no climate credentials other than being a radio weather announcer. His website is parodied and debunked at the website wottsupwiththat.com Watts is on the payroll of the Heartland Institute, which itself is funded by polluting industries.[1]

Last edited by hcap; 08-05-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:14 AM   #282
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
what the h@ll are they spraying? and why are they climate engineering?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Ynd8WKdHo
No one pays much attention to climate engineering, and to use a screeching video posted by climate deniers as an accurate depiction of the SCIENCE of climatology is like using Trump as an example of a "diplomat" and a "statesman"
Old 08-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #283
davew

Quote:
No one pays much attention to climate engineering, and to use a screeching video posted by climate deniers as an accurate depiction of the SCIENCE of climatology is like using Trump as an example of a "diplomat" and a "statesman"
Maybe you should, and they are talking about causing droughts, government disruptions, and world population dispersion (planetary omnicide).

Do you have a speedviewer that can watch a 70 minute clip in 10 minutes? or are you just a genius and know what they are saying?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 01:34 PM   #284
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Wow, 90 degrees, where do you live? I have lived at the beach, high mountains and desert in California and in the woods in Central Virginia and I don't think I have been in much more than a 50 degree swing in that time period. It probably was a Virginia winter where it hit low single digits at night and then warmed up into the 50's a day and a half later.
Northwest ND. Hit -30 for a low then a massive warm front moved in, or should I say global warming showed up and it warmed to 60 by the next day.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:38 PM   #285
chadk66

Starting what 15-20 years ago so many dooms day predictions have come and gone. I look forward to all the new predictions. They’re highly entertaining.