Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 10-13-2018, 12:11 AM   #271
trifecta

CJ, I can't imagine how hard that must be for you and your family. I wish the best for you and your daughter. I hope she gets well soon.

Tom
trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2018, 12:17 AM   #272
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Powerful prayers are being sent your way CJ...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2018, 01:09 AM   #273
GMB@BP

Heart breaks for you man, I have had sick kids...knocked me out of the sport for 2 years.

All the best to you and your family, thats what counts!
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2018, 02:40 AM   #274
AltonKelsey
Veteran

I think many of us enjoy horseplay because its a great escape from the 'real world', but sometimes, there is no escape.

Best wishes for your daughter CJ.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #275
stuball

Prayers for your daughter....

Hi CJ
I am feeling much sympathy for your daughter please tell her there are people out here that send prayers and wish with all our might that something can be done..I don't know much about Lupus.. I will look it up and try to understand more... Love to your daughter.

Stuball
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #276
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Hopefully, after the BC I can get back to this. There is not much I enjoy more than this kind of work.

I don't usually discuss personal stuff online. My youngest daughter was diagnosed with lupus a little over two years ago. Things have not gone well for her. She has had liltle relief for over three years now. Diagnosis took a while and treatment has not been much help. Her kidneys are failing. She tried chemo once and it was working, but she was highly allergic and it was stopped and other things tried. None have worked. She is about to start chemo again, this time an oral version. It should do the trick but there are some very real side effects.

I don't post this lightly. I've been pretty heart broken for a while. She is my baby and it kills me to see her suffering. I'd do anything to be able to trade places with her. Please keep her in your thoughts and know that if I'm not posting much or seem grumpy or terse, there could be reasons. The same goes for anyone here. We don't really know what people are dealing with away from the keyboard.

I'll get back to this stuff as time permits. Doing so means things are going well. I want that more than anything in the world.
cj,

I am so sorry to hear of what you and your daughter are going through. By all means take all the time you need and deal with what is really more important in life. Take care of your daughter, your family and yourself first. You and her have all my thoughts and hopes.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2018, 09:50 AM   #277
headhawg
crusty old guy

So sorry to hear about that cj. I can't imagine what you're going through. Best wishes and prayers go out to you and your family, and especially to your daughter.
Old 10-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #278
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

CJ, so sorry to hear that news.
Thoughts and prayers for your daughter our whole family.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:18 AM   #279
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Wishing your daughter and you and your family the best CJ. Prayers should help too.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2018, 12:23 PM   #280
classhandicapper

I'm really sorry to hear this CJ. Thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #281
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Thanks everyone.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #282
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Thanks everyone.
Thank you for sharing. Peace and Strength from me to you.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #283
bobphilo

cj,

Hope all goes well for your daughter and you. When you are able to get back to your study let me just repeat a bit of advice which is especially pertinent now.
Do not try to combine all the variables people are suggesting all at once in your study. There are just too many combinations which increase exponentially every time you add a variable. That doesn't mean that there aren't other variables which have an effect but to try to combine them in one study leads to sheer chaos and unnecessary work, which is the last thing you need right now. You can do a pilot study to find the correlation coefficient between the variables of different pace patterns and performance. You can do a regression analysis which can predict the effect of one independent variable (pace patterns) on another dependent variable (Win%, R.O.I.) Then you can do a multiple regression analysis with added variables such as field size etc, which will give you the predictive value of each value of each combination of variables. That's how I was trained to do it. You can easily find the statistical software to do this online. Also do not hesitate to ask me for any additional help you need in this study. Be well.

Bob

Last edited by bobphilo; 10-14-2018 at 04:25 PM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #284
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
cj,

Hope all goes well for your daughter and you. When you are able to get back to your study let me just repeat a bit of advice which is especially pertinent now.
Do not try to combine all the variables people are suggesting all at once in your study. There are just too many combinations which increase exponentially every time you add a variable. That doesn't mean that there aren't other variables which have an effect but to try to combine them in one study leads to sheer chaos and unnecessary work, which is the last thing you need right now. You can do a pilot study to find the correlation coefficient between the variables of different pace patterns and performance. You can do a regression analysis which can predict the effect of one independent variable (pace patterns) on another dependent variable (Win%, R.O.I.) Then you can do a multiple regression analysis with added variables such as field size etc, which will give you the predictive value of each value of each combination of variables. That's how I was trained to do it. You can easily find the statistical software to do this online. Also do not hesitate to ask me for any additional help you need in this study. Be well.

Bob
Thanks Bob,

I'm a big believer in the method you detail.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2018, 05:12 PM   #285
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

cj, your daughter, your family and you deserve nothing but GOOD NEWS from here on out...you all have been through way more than your fair share the past couple of years.

I think if there's anything we ALL can agree on here on this website (and we never all agree on anything), it's this.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: