Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-21-2023, 11:52 AM   #1
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
American Heartland Theme Park

Marnie Hunter, CNN | Updated 10:47 AM EDT, Thu July 20, 2023
$2 billion Disneyland-sized ‘Americana-themed’ park and resort planned along Route 66:
https://www.cnn.com/travel/american-...oma/index.html

Quote:
The $2 billion American Heartland Theme Park and Resort will to be located just west of Grand Lake on Route 66, according to plans for the development announced Wednesday.

The theme park and resort are expected to open in 2026, after a first-phase RV park with cabins in spring 2025. At 125 acres, the “Americana-themed” park will be comparable in size to Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom at Disney World, American Heartland said in a news release.
Quote:
Six American “lands” will be featured in the park: Great Plains, Bayou Bay, Big Timber Falls, Stony Point Harbor, Liberty Village and Electropolis. Led by Steve Hedrick, the design team includes more than 20 former Disney Parks builders and Walt Disney Imagineers, according to the news release.

The RV park will span 320 acres with 750 RV spaces and 300 cabins. A 300-room hotel and an indoor water park are also part of the planned development.
A wee bit o' backlash?

-jp
Old 07-21-2023, 03:35 PM   #2
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Marnie Hunter, CNN | Updated 10:47 AM EDT, Thu July 20, 2023
$2 billion Disneyland-sized ‘Americana-themed’ park and resort planned along Route 66:
https://www.cnn.com/travel/american-...oma/index.html

A wee bit o' backlash?

-jp
Sorry, but this is going to be a financial disaster. It’s not in the middle of nowhere. It’s a hundred miles from the middle of nowhere. Tulsa is the closest city of any size and Tulsa is one hundred miles away. It’s not like Tulsa is this big vacation destination.

Branson, Missouri is two hours away, but Branson attracts an older crowd.
Old 07-21-2023, 03:48 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Sorry, but this is going to be a financial disaster. It’s not in the middle of nowhere. It’s a hundred miles from the middle of nowhere. Tulsa is the closest city of any size and Tulsa is one hundred miles away. It’s not like Tulsa is this big vacation destination.

Do you think your predicted financial disaster will approach Bud Light-sized levels of financial disaster?

Yes or no.
Old 07-21-2023, 04:32 PM   #4
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Do you think your predicted financial disaster will approach Bud Light-sized levels of financial disaster?

Yes or no.
That’s a ridiculous question. Anheuser-Busch Busch has been a highly successful company for more than a century. They will quickly move past your silly boycott. In fact their stock price has gone up over the past month.

Understand, I don’t object to a Heartland America theme park. I object to the location. If you have to locate it in Oklahoma, put it near Oklahoma City, or between there and Tulsa.

And there are many locations outside Oklahoma that would be better.
Old 07-21-2023, 05:03 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
That’s a ridiculous question. Anheuser-Busch Busch has been a highly successful company for more than a century. They will quickly move past your silly boycott. In fact their stock price has gone up over the past month.

Understand, I don’t object to a Heartland America theme park. I object to the location. If you have to locate it in Oklahoma, put it near Oklahoma City, or between there and Tulsa.

And there are many locations outside Oklahoma that would be better.
My boycott?

I don't drink beer except for maybe a handful of times a year...and my beers of choice are either Amstel Light or Guinness Extra Stout.

So don't look at me for the cause of AB losing mega-billions
Old 07-21-2023, 06:17 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Looks like a pig to me

Americans don’t need another theme park
Old 07-21-2023, 06:45 PM   #7
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Looks like a pig to me

Americans don’t need another theme park
Many things do not add up period.

Covid-19 and the buffet like Golden Corral, everything suggested a last nail in the coffin could be seen. The parent company fought back vigorously and seems to not only won but come back in a big way. Early on I was making the comparison about cruse lines losing millions a month and their ownership structure basically with Bilderberg Group who has control over foods doing everything to hurt our local places to eat still holding on and like Golden Corral thriving big time. It has gotten so bad for the cruse industry I heard something about nude cruses, must be a new Hunter line. The theme park must have some kind of tax gimmick like student loans.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2023, 07:51 PM   #8
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
In 1950:

Las Vegas was an out of the way town in the middle of the desert (metro area population 50k.)

The original Disneyland was built on a 160 acre site in 1955.

It would have been hard to imagine how popular both places would would eventually become.

Up until about 2011:

I visited San Francisco several times and found it to be a beautiful thriving city.

Back then I couldn't possibly imagine what that place would eventually become.

Truth be told I:

Never thought Disney building a second Disneyland in Florida made economic sense.

Never imagined Disney could actually fuck up storylines and how quickly they could turn a proven cash cow like pixar movies into something other than economic success.

Never imagined Disney could turn the original Disneyland into a place I no longer wanted to go.

I have no way of knowing if American Heartland Theme Park will be a success.

But I like the idea.

Hire former Disney designers and engineers, and build a theme park/destination on a 1000 acre site.

A place that with a little luck normal everyday people and families might want to take their kids.

Go after the market Disney appears to have abandoned.

The one thing that's constant is change.

The world may not need a new theme park.

But I wish them all the luck in the world.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 07-21-2023 at 07:55 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2023, 08:04 PM   #9
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Many things do not add up period.

Covid-19 and the buffet like Golden Corral, everything suggested a last nail in the coffin could be seen. The parent company fought back vigorously and seems to not only won but come back in a big way. Early on I was making the comparison about cruse lines losing millions a month and their ownership structure basically with Bilderberg Group who has control over foods doing everything to hurt our local places to eat still holding on and like Golden Corral thriving big time. It has gotten so bad for the cruse industry I heard something about nude cruses, must be a new Hunter line. The theme park must have some kind of tax gimmick like student loans.
You’re funny
Old 07-21-2023, 08:24 PM   #10
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
You’re funny
Everything is comical today, the theme park is for the Chinese so we build it and they will come.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2023, 10:18 AM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

They have some gteat arreactions planned.

The Racist roller coaster

The Bummer Cars (all electric, no real bump power,
most loss poer before the rise is over

The Kamal Cups, after spinning around non0-stop,
you are light headed, dizzy, unco-ordinated, just like the VP

The Whites Only House, a fun house where you walk through instead
of riding in a car on a track, faturinf stais that are greased so you can;t
climb them without falling,and sandbags scattered on the floor, in total
darknesss, so you trip over them and fall down, giving people a real
presidential experience
Old 07-22-2023, 05:03 PM   #12
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:

Never mind Tulsa or Branson. How close is it going to be to Picher, Oklahoma? Picher is in the NE corner of Oklahoma and it is the most toxic town in America. Google it! Picher went from a thriving town to a population of zero practically overnight. People left because they were afraid they would die if they stayed.

I used to pass near Picher when I went to Oklahoma to visit family. Not any more. Today I go through Kansas City.
Old 07-22-2023, 06:32 PM   #13
horsefan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
In 1950:

Las Vegas was an out of the way town in the middle of the desert (metro area population 50k.)

The original Disneyland was built on a 160 acre site in 1955.

It would have been hard to imagine how popular both places would would eventually become.

Up until about 2011:

I visited San Francisco several times and found it to be a beautiful thriving city.

Back then I couldn't possibly imagine what that place would eventually become.

Truth be told I:

Never thought Disney building a second Disneyland in Florida made economic sense.

Never imagined Disney could actually fuck up storylines and how quickly they could turn a proven cash cow like pixar movies into something other than economic success.

Never imagined Disney could turn the original Disneyland into a place I no longer wanted to go.

I have no way of knowing if American Heartland Theme Park will be a success.

But I like the idea.

Hire former Disney designers and engineers, and build a theme park/destination on a 1000 acre site.

A place that with a little luck normal everyday people and families might want to take their kids.

Go after the market Disney appears to have abandoned.

The one thing that's constant is change.

The world may not need a new theme park.

But I wish them all the luck in the world.

-jp

They were successful because of tourists. Good luck to these people but thats a lot of money to sink on a venture which has a very big chance of not succeeding.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2023, 07:53 AM   #14
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Visitors will have to drive there.

I don't see healthy futures for ventures that rely on extensive driving. Will they have charging stations positioned on all the incoming routes?

Disney, Six Flags, and the like are all products of a bygone generation. They will not be replaced or improved; they will hang on until they are no longer feasible.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2023, 08:35 AM   #15
maddog42

This location is 65 miles from Tulsa on I-44. The closest small town is Vinita with a population of 5500 or so. Joplin is 50 or so miles. Since most people drive 80 on the Turnpike it is certainly within an hour of an airport. Expecting to employ 4000 people this is quite an economic boon to NE Oklahoma. I just told
my daughter to buy property in this area. I don't know if it will succeed but there is a lot of property in the 8-10 thousand dollar per acre range. I am sitting in Joplin right now visiting my mother in law and on my way back to norman I plan to scout the area. Route 66 and I44 are both within a few miles of the proposed sight. An instant boom town is being created.