Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-24-2023, 07:57 PM   #61
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post
what do you call that big green bankroll?
Here today...gone tomorrow.

I don't play holdem anymore...I moved on to Omaha. Sickening swings...
Old 06-24-2023, 08:12 PM   #62
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I wish I had a "legacy"...
Even a bad one?

Live your life in accordance with the two greatest commandments and the "golden rule". I guarantee a great legacy will follow in your wake.
Old 06-24-2023, 10:13 PM   #63
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
To Greta it was as if it was etched in scientific stone. She appeared before congress and the U.N. stating "it's the science, not opinion".
She named her source did she not, videlicet, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
Old 06-25-2023, 01:04 AM   #64
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
She named her source did she not, videlicet, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
And 5 years have come and gone and we're all still here, none the worse. She's been listening to the Faucis of the world. Is she still wearing a mask? Wonder what number booster she's on. Gotta follow the science, dontcha know.

Texas is seeing record heat, but here in Massachusetts it's been cooler than normal. Plenty of rain too. Growing season is going to be a dandy. Apple crops are projected to be bumper. Grass is plenty green, gas stations are doing a bang up business. Diesels are rumbling down the highway, Tom Brady took out a 35 million dollar loan to build on billionaires row in Miami... a mere feet from the ocean. Didn't AOC tell us Miami was under water as of 2 years ago?

Gotta love the ding bat climate scientists.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2023, 05:51 AM   #65
lamboguy

i spoke to my friend the other day that trains horses in Laredo, Texas. he told me it was 120 degrees there one-day last week. he doesn't have many horses in training right now, but what he does have he brings them out on the track while it's still dark in the morning. the barns have air conditioners and fans going all day for the horses. he also told me he had horses to ship out on a van and had to postpone the ship until it cools down a little more.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2023, 10:20 AM   #66
Inner Dirt

Quote:
And 5 years have come and gone and we're all still here, none the worse. She's been listening to the Faucis of the world. Is she still wearing a mask? Wonder what number booster she's on. Gotta follow the science, dontcha know.

Texas is seeing record heat, but here in Massachusetts it's been cooler than normal. Plenty of rain too. Growing season is going to be a dandy. Apple crops are projected to be bumper. Grass is plenty green, gas stations are doing a bang up business. Diesels are rumbling down the highway, Tom Brady took out a 35 million dollar loan to build on billionaires row in Miami... a mere feet from the ocean. Didn't AOC tell us Miami was under water as of 2 years ago?

Gotta love the ding bat climate scientists.

Usually something causes my Asian Pear tree to get low yields. High winds after blossoming or late freezes. This a bumper crop, by far the biggest in a dozen years. This year I will even let the deer have the low hanging ones and eat in peace. I only shoot Bambi with a camera. We are going to have a talk over a half dozen missing cherry tomatoes.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-25-2023, 10:22 AM   #67
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Even a bad one?

Live your life in accordance with the two greatest commandments and the "golden rule". I guarantee a great legacy will follow in your wake.

I think I got 8.5 on the 10 commandment scale, good enough for me.
Old 06-25-2023, 02:39 PM   #68
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I think I got 8.5 on the 10 commandment scale, good enough for me.
No doubt. But...will it be good enough for the Judge of Heaven and Earth (Mat 5:48)?
Old 06-25-2023, 03:17 PM   #69
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
No doubt. But...will it be good enough for the Judge of Heaven and Earth (Mat 5:48)?

Sorry can't honor my POS father. Who the hell hasn't coveted things? I say ok as long as you don't act, that should be fine.
Old 06-25-2023, 08:33 PM   #70
boxcar

Quote:
Sorry can't honor my POS father. Who the hell hasn't coveted things? I say ok as long as you don't act, that should be fine.
All sin originates in the heart (Jer 17:9; Mat 15:18-20). Read about the apostle Paul's experience about coveting and the Law (Rom 7:7-12).

I would say that your "ok" would likely be fine if you were going to be judged by your own standard of righteousness. But since none of us will be judged by our own standards but by an infinitely higher one, then you might want to rethink that.
Old 06-25-2023, 08:47 PM   #71
thaskalos

Quote:
I like your thinking more than I like Boxcar's. A beautiful woman walks by us while scantily clothed, and our minds automatically present "sinful" images to us. But since we are all in our 60s+ and our minds are writing checks that our bodies can't cash...what sort of "sin" can we possibly be blamed for? How can the human mind ever be controlled?
Old 06-25-2023, 11:04 PM   #72
jimmyb

Since this thread has evolved into religion, I thought I'd share an experience i had in 1999.

I got caught in a time i didn't have health and needed surgery, without any way to pay for it. I've never been big into religion, but saw a sign somewhere about a catholic priest named father Ralph Diorio who was a faith healer. He was to appear at the Fatima Shrine in Holliston, Massachusetts. I am a cynic and skeptic by nature, but as a last resort I'd give him a try. So the night arrives and the place is packed... people in wheel chairs, the blind, people with walkers and canes.

His MO is to touch your forehead with some kind of oil while speaking something in Latin. None of the wheelchair people get up and walk, the blind are still blind, and the people with canes and walkers don't throw them away. My skepticism increases ten fold. Next up are the ambulatory. We start our march to see Father Diorio and people start fainting as he touches them. I am laughing inside when all oF a sudden I experience pain in every bone of my body. Finally it's my turn, the father touches my head with oil, says something in Latin, and I faint!

I go home, decided to do some footwork to see if somehow I could get the surgery done. I apply for a state indigent program, and within a week get the needed funds.

Now I'm still not a big religious person, but the experience certainly made me aware of that something supernatural exists, and it touched me that evening.

https://unsolvedmysteries.fandom.com...d_Ralph_DiOrio
Old 06-26-2023, 12:20 AM   #73
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Since this thread has evolved into religion, I thought I'd share an experience i had in 1999.

I got caught in a time i didn't have health and needed surgery, without any way to pay for it. I've never been big into religion, but saw a sign somewhere about a catholic priest named father Ralph Diorio who was a faith healer. He was to appear at the Fatima Shrine in Holliston, Massachusetts. I am a cynic and skeptic by nature, but as a last resort I'd give him a try. So the night arrives and the place is packed... people in wheel chairs, the blind, people with walkers and canes.

His MO is to touch your forehead with some kind of oil while speaking something in Latin. None of the wheelchair people get up and walk, the blind are still blind, and the people with canes and walkers don't throw them away. My skepticism increases ten fold. Next up are the ambulatory. We start our march to see Father Diorio and people start fainting as he touches them. I am laughing inside when all oF a sudden I experience pain in every bone of my body. Finally it's my turn, the father touches my head with oil, says something in Latin, and I faint!

I go home, decided to do some footwork to see if somehow I could get the surgery done. I apply for a state indigent program, and within a week get the needed funds.

Now I'm still not a big religious person, but the experience certainly made me aware of that something supernatural exists, and it touched me that evening.

https://unsolvedmysteries.fandom.com...d_Ralph_DiOrio
My mother was a big fan of Father DiOrio...when I read the name, it brought back a lot of memories of my mom...

So he didn't heal you? You still needed the surgery?

Anyway, thanks for bringing up the name...haven't thought of that stuff in so long.

DiOrio might even still be alive? Did a quick search on Google and could only find this...nothing about his death...

https://www.sanctamatermaria.com/father-ralph-diorio
Old 06-26-2023, 01:55 AM   #74
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
My mother was a big fan of Father DiOrio...when I read the name, it brought back a lot of memories of my mom...

So he didn't heal you? You still needed the surgery?

Anyway, thanks for bringing up the name...haven't thought of that stuff in so long.

DiOrio might even still be alive? Did a quick search on Google and could only find this...nothing about his death...

https://www.sanctamatermaria.com/father-ralph-diorio
Last I knew he's retired and still alive. He's 90 years old.
Old 06-26-2023, 09:00 AM   #75
davew

clearly Greta's strong campaigning 5 years ago worked. Enough was changed so the world has not ended (yet).
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply