Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 04-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #91
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
well at least he'll have something to pawn in order to buy food. Chances for a job are nil.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #92
Inner Dirt

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-grievance-nfl

Now Eric Reed a player who kneeled alongside Kaepernick on the 49ers has also filed a collusion grievance against the NFL. How could anyone in their right mind believe they have a right to a job where they can be on the clock wearing the company's uniform while pissing off half the customer base and have no repercussions? You want to protest or whatever you call it do it on your own time.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2019, 12:53 PM   #93
kingfin66
Bombardier

UPDATE

Eric Reid has a job with the Carolina Panthers.

Kaepernick still has no job.

It appears that both are getting paid as they have settled their grievances with the NFL. Of course, their is a confidentiality clause so it will be a long time, or maybe never, that we get to know how much the NFL is paying Kaepernick to not play in the league.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...aying-football
Old 02-17-2019, 04:16 PM   #94
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Eric Reid has a job with the Carolina Panthers.

Kaepernick still has no job.

It appears that both are getting paid as they have settled their grievances with the NFL. Of course, their is a confidentiality clause so it will be a long time, or maybe never, that we get to know how much the NFL is paying Kaepernick to not play in the league.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...aying-football
I've read a couple of articles that given what even mediocre QB's are being paid , his still young age (31) and reduced future pension payments,at least 20 million, probably more.But these agreements almost always include a promise that the individual will not seek future employment with the company being sued ,so if old CK wants to play football,he'll have to go to Canada where salaries are a fraction of what they are here.So methinks Colin will have taken his last snap in anger.And the NFL got rid of an expensive headache.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #95
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
I've read a couple of articles that given what even mediocre QB's are being paid , his still young age (31) and reduced future pension payments,at least 20 million, probably more.But these agreements almost always include a promise that the individual will not seek future employment with the company being sued ,so if old CK wants to play football,he'll have to go to Canada where salaries are a fraction of what they are here.So methinks Colin will have taken his last snap in anger.And the NFL got rid of an expensive headache.
This is a huge WIN for a mediocre QB who probably didn't plan on being a starter at this late date in his downtrending career. Estimates range from 10 to 100 million payoff. Why get your head & body beat up when he can pursue his next career, which appears more like to be some role as an activist and get well paid on top of it. Kap and his attornies have clearly out maneuvered Goodell and the NFL with a better game plan. Will the owners finally drive a nail in Goodell's contract after yet another costly flub for his 40+ million in salary?
Old 02-18-2019, 01:30 PM   #96
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
This is a huge WIN for a mediocre QB who probably didn't plan on being a starter at this late date in his downtrending career. Estimates range from 10 to 100 million payoff. Why get your head & body beat up when he can pursue his next career, which appears more like to be some role as an activist and get well paid on top of it. Kap and his attornies have clearly out maneuvered Goodell and the NFL with a better game plan. Will the owners finally drive a nail in Goodell's contract after yet another costly flub for his 40+ million in salary?
Being a social justice warrior in this case has paid well. Getting an advertising contract with Nike probably needs not work again in his lifetime, if managed well.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2019, 08:47 PM   #97
MutuelClerk

Kap's lawyers must have had emails. The NFL took a knee. Ironic.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2019, 11:12 AM   #98
mountainman

The guy's brief success was a fluke. He can't play. Sadly, should he get a chance and tank, his extended absence will be used as excuse-and he will then be likened to Ali.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2019, 10:59 PM   #99
horses4courses

Double standards

No surprise, really.

Old 05-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #100
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
No surprise, really.
For once, I completely agree with you. Your posts have not been surprising in ages. Same ol' same ol'
Old 05-20-2019, 09:39 PM   #101
delayjf

Did Bosa wear a MAGA hat on the sidelines? Is he getting millions to shut his mouth?

Big difference between stating one's support for the President and insulting the patriotism of Americans everywhere. If KP had stated his support for Hillary in a similar matter, nobody would have cared.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2019, 06:06 AM   #102
MutuelClerk

You support the President, that's fine. I always support the President because I put our country before two shameful political parties. But letting a draft dodger define patriotism that's where we part ways. The pied piper plays and too many people fall in line behind him.........
Old 05-21-2019, 08:55 AM   #103
delayjf

Trump did not start this, Trump's not defining anything. Patriotism has its own meaning and is defined by American's as a whole. The negative reaction to KP was based on his insulting that sentiment and the American majority that shares that sentiment.

I'm curious as what exactly the NFL owners did that they think they had to cave. So what is they got together and determined they don't want him in the league.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2019, 09:31 AM   #104
MutuelClerk

I guess we disagree. The President made this an issue. Why? Who knows, maybe it's because the NFL rejected him as owner. Maybe just playing to his base trying to act like a patriot. I'm not defending everything CK has done, the socks he wore were disgraceful. But I believe this was an issue because the President decided to make it one.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:05 AM   #105
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Football players are there for one reason - to play football.
Their opinions on anything should be kept to themselves.

That is what their days off are for.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: