Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #121
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Looking at Wisconsin; 6450 workers will receive pay raises, bonuses, etc. The working population is 3,000,000. So good for that two tenths of one percent who are benefiting from this tax cut. And good for the one percent who are really benefiting.
Really? I guess these companies should just hang on to the money instead.

If just one person gained from this tax plan it's already better.

C'mon, even you can do better than your silly post.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #122
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
Maybe some of those other companies are waiting to see the actual numbers from the IRS and then sit down and lay out long term plans?

Nah, let's not do anything rational.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:09 PM   #123
upthecreek

Ingraham takes on Pelosi

upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #124
chadk66

really what can she say. she, and all other libs, predicted they would give nothing. So crumbs is better than nothing.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 04:37 PM   #125
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post

If just one person gained from this tax plan it's already better.

C'mon, even you can do better than your silly post.
They should not have gotten the money in the first place. They are using a tiny percentage of the money they will be saving to placate workers who have barely been keeping up for the past forty years. They are using at least twenty times that to buy back stock and increase executive compensation.

In the meantime the national debt continues to soar. And in ten years all those tax cuts for the middle class will be gone, while the corporations continue to profit.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:47 PM   #126
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
Basically, Pelosi is saying the poor are getting crumbs and they deserve more.
Ingraham is saying crumbs are they deserve and they should be grateful for that.

Kind of the same attitude that prevails here.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #127
AndyC

Quote:
Ingraham is saying crumbs are they deserve and they should be grateful for that.

If you pay no income taxes how do you deserve more? If you did get something you should be grateful.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #128
AndyC

Quote:
They should not have gotten the money in the first place. They are using a tiny percentage of the money they will be saving to placate workers who have barely been keeping up for the past forty years. They are using at least twenty times that to buy back stock and increase executive compensation.

In the meantime the national debt continues to soar. And in ten years all those tax cuts for the middle class will be gone, while the corporations continue to profit.
What happens when a company buys back stock and increases executive compensation? They produce taxable transactions meaning the government will collect more taxes.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 05:30 PM   #129
upthecreek

Quote:

I bet the workers that are getting the "crumbs" would give you a different answer
Pelosi said it's a pathetic attempt on the Republican's to show the tax plan is working You and her are the pathetic ones.
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 05:51 PM   #130
boxcar

Quote:
Yeah...spoken by a career politician with a colossal net worth of over 196 MIL and whose congressional salary is about 193K, as I recall? Do you think this would make our favorite Auntie Nancy a one percenter?

You'll indulge me a short Nancy quote, won't you: "Something is wrong with this picture"?
Old 01-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #131
chadk66

I think I just need to walk around picking up these crumbs
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 07:08 PM   #132
wisconsin

Quote:

So, it's clear that in your mind they are not sharing enough with the workers. I see.

What percentage should the company give to the workers? What is the fair (in your mind) amount?

Of course, you'll hide from this question, like you always do. Because without the business owner, the workers would not even be there.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:21 PM   #133
fast4522

Quote:

Be honest with yourself, if they made the individual tax cuts permanent they would have nothing to give people down the road. This way after your dead capitalism will be stronger than it was when you were alive. Ask yourself if President Donald J. Trump is your last President in your life, just as people think they are driving their last car now?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 07:32 PM   #134
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:

So you are saying the common worker hasn't gotten shit in over 40 years, and is now tasting at a least a little?

What did dipshit in charge Obama do about the gap between the haves and have nots? Oh, that's right, it more than doubled under his watch along with the debt.

Quit posting.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #135
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
So you are saying the common worker hasn't gotten shit in over 40 years, and is now tasting at a least a little?

What did dipshit in charge Obama do about the gap between the haves and have nots? Oh, that's right, it more than doubled under his watch along with the debt.

Quit posting.
Obama gave the peasants 40 bucks!!

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/12/fl...onuses-crumbs/