Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 10-02-2007, 02:30 PM   #151
ljb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb
fingerlakes
7 to win
7/128/7 same bet
otm
9 won
ljb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 PM   #152
ernie simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderon
Mike....I do so say right up front that these will be posted very close or right at post. I do see though that the Mtnr race was 1 minute past as you did on equibase. Let me ask this question tho....If the race goes off at let's say 7:53 and 58 or 59 seconds past the minute and my post hits at let's say 7:54 and 1 or 2 seconds after the minute could that be the difference? I mean how does that work in that instance. I do wonder if there is a small varyiance to their clock and yours. Things that make you go Hmmmm.....

I'm very honest on my posting but I will tell you it does get very difficult when there are 3-5 tracks going off at the same time and I'm making multiple plays and trying to fit them in on the posting when you have to wait 60 seconds between posts, that's why sometimes I double up my selections on some posts because I don't have the time to repost a selection for that track and then another track.
If you're posting picks at or past post time, who exactly are you posting these picks FOR?? Nobody can play em.

-George Augustus Sala (1828-95) English writer and journalist
ernie simons is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2007, 10:37 PM   #153
ryesteve

I'd love to see a poll thread where we can see if ANYONE has ever put money on a horse based on seeing someone pick it in a thread here.
ryesteve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #154
maiom01
Veteran

Well said. The War Room is where these selections should be posted.
maiom01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 AM   #155
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiom01
Well said. The War Room is where these selections should be posted.
That's what I've been saying from the BEGINNING....
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2007, 04:21 AM   #156
Handiman
BarelyWinning

I play with anderon live on the net. As I have said, he is a tote player and waits till the very last minute to make a selection. He gets shut out alot, due to the last minute decision making. I never play his picks, cause I can't ever get down that late.

I believe the reason for posting here is to show people that tote board play is in fact a viable way to play, given all the work he has put in his project. He is having his program updated also.

One problem that seems to exist here is the ragging on a player if he does something out of the mainstream. I have a theory that proves there is room for all kinds of players. I call it the Teeter Totter Effect ... As one end of the board(odds) goes down, then the other end(Strike rate) must go up. And vice versa. They must stay in relative balance. Now the Holy Grail sits atop the point where you magicans can make both ends of the board move upward, eventually converging. I doubt that will ever happen.

But through the Teeter Totter Effect there is room for evey possible type player.

Posting his picks in the war room would not help anymore than here, as the lateness of the decisions. But here, at least alot of people can be exposed to a different style of play. Plus it gives the naysayers a chance to rag on him, because the selections are memorialized.

If the war room is for selections, then why even have this selection section exist? I think the war room is a cool idea. I was in there quite a bit, before I got really sick. I made some friends that I play with these days on the net.

Anyway...just my thoughts.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2007, 09:36 AM   #157
ryesteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
That's what I've been saying from the BEGINNING....
But then again, if he's logging every pick here, maybe F2002 can catalog them, analyze them, and let us know whether or not he's just been lucky
ryesteve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply