Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:43 PM   #1
Ray

Thumbs down Obscene Dubai take out rate.

I just read from multiple sources on Twitter, Dubai World Cup wagering and all Dubai wagering for that matter is subject to a 27% take out on ALL wagers including win/place. This take out rate was set by the hub they are using out of South Africa. This is obscene and unacceptable I am being forced to completely skip the entire card. I can't allow myself to support any of this. I am hoping I can find some Match up or prop bets here in Vegas but no way will they get one red cent of mine in the parimutuel pool at that criminal take out rate. What a joke.

@DRFDunleavy: @DRFWatchmaker @EJXD2 @RoxyLasVegas If you get a price you like I guess you should bet, but 27% doesn't make you want to play the whole card
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2015, 01:48 AM   #2
Greyfox

At the Dubai track itself, there is no wagering at all.
However, it wouldn't surprise me if the Sheiks were betting camels back and forth surreptitiously.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2015, 03:31 AM   #3
Some_One

The only thing I could see was that when the Aussies commingled with SaF, they said win/place at 20 and exotics at 25 (average of 23?). The Win prices weren't all that bad versus the UK bookie SP on Super Saturday.
Some_One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2015, 03:40 AM   #4
takeout

What are they trying to do, make California's exacta rake look good.
takeout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2015, 03:52 AM   #5
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
I just read from multiple sources on Twitter, Dubai World Cup wagering and all Dubai wagering for that matter is subject to a 27% take out on ALL wagers including win/place. This take out rate was set by the hub they are using out of South Africa. This is obscene and unacceptable I am being forced to completely skip the entire card. I can't allow myself to support any of this. I am hoping I can find some Match up or prop bets here in Vegas but no way will they get one red cent of mine in the parimutuel pool at that criminal take out rate. What a joke.

@DRFDunleavy: @DRFWatchmaker @EJXD2 @RoxyLasVegas If you get a price you like I guess you should bet, but 27% doesn't make you want to play the whole card
People can always convince themselves that they can bet with any takeout rate if they have a price they like, but if a bettor bets into 27% they can never complain about takeout.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2015, 04:07 AM   #6
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
People can always convince themselves that they can bet with any takeout rate if they have a price they like, but if a bettor bets into 27% they can never complain about takeout.
if they are paying $2.10 for place on CALIFORNIA CHROME, they can charge 90% takeout, it won't matter to me.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2015, 04:29 AM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
if they are paying $2.10 for place on CALIFORNIA CHROME, they can charge 90% takeout, it won't matter to me.
You're right, Takeout doesn't matter if the naturally horse pays 2.10 (or 2.20 in WV)
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2015, 06:31 AM   #8
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
You're right, Takeout doesn't matter if the naturally horse pays 2.10 (or 2.20 in WV)
takeout does matter if you are going against the bridge jump though.

the other night at the mountain, i thought they actually bridge jumped on the wrong horse for over $50k before the race i thought that the entry was going to have all the money on it. just 40 miles up the street in youngstown, in my mind i see plenty of wrong horses bet in the win pool. the odds really fluctuate in that place after the bell, and not due to after the bell, but bad wagers. if i like a horse there, i just bet it and don't even look at the odds and hope for the best. more often than not the horse that i bet goes up in price. of course you can't bet to much money in either the mountain or youngstown, but i can bet $50-$100 comfortably without changing things. those 2 places are my favorite tracks these days.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2015, 09:37 AM   #9
Ray

Yep, I've had plenty of shoulders shrugged when sharing this. Tomw this is horrifying. This is where I wish horseplayers could resist betting any money to show anyone with crazy ideas of massive take outs that we will not tolerate this. Unfortunately this will not be the case. But to reserve the right to complain about future messes like this. I will start my research on where I will find prop bets here in vegas but so far there are none. Lucky it's big dayif racing and I can focus my energy elsewhere.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:50 AM   #10
olddaddy

This is criminal and I wish this could be publicized, so the general public would know before the card on saturday. I wonder if this was the take for the whole carnival meet, I did notice some short exotic payoffs.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2015, 10:18 AM   #11
acorn54

as far as horseplayers who bet regardless of take out saying it doesn't matter if there is "value", reminds me of psychologist who once said human beings can justify anything.
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2015, 10:34 AM   #12
olddaddy

Im now finding out the 27% was going on all year and who knows how long before that. HANA does a great job letting players know what the take is on U.S. tracks but how one finds out what is the take on international racing is beyond me.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2015, 12:43 PM   #13
Ray

Hana has done a poor job on this issue all I see from them was 1 tweet

@HplayersAssnNA: Just a note to regular players who may not know, the DWC card on Saturday has 27% takeout across all bets.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:56 PM   #14
DeanT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray
Hana has done a poor job on this issue all I see from them was 1 tweet

@HplayersAssnNA: Just a note to regular players who may not know, the DWC card on Saturday has 27% takeout across all bets.
Fortunately that tweet was shared many times last night (thanks to the twitter followers).

We, like many others, just found out about that crazy takeout.

We'll make sure we get that news out more. It's caused quite the discussion between players.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2015, 12:58 PM   #15
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanT
Fortunately that tweet was shared many times last night (thanks to the twitter followers).

We, like many others, just found out about that crazy takeout.

We'll make sure we get that news out more. It's caused quite the discussion between players.
Dean, in a case like this where the track holding the meet doesn't allow wagering, who sets the takeout rate?
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: