Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 3.30 average.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:05 PM   #841
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
I've got the title for the show right here---->Horseplayers gone WILD!
And I've got the reality show theme...which is similar to that of the already popular show KITCHEN NIGHTMARES.

People call up EMD, and tell him that their horseplaying "business" is in dire need of help...and EMD takes turns rushing to the scene to assess the situation. Once the "problem" has been diagnosed and the right "instruction" has been put in place...EMD goes to his bank and arranges a loan for the floundering horseplayer...so he can start his betting venture anew.

And, at the end of the year...we can run a REVIEW show...to see how many of those "assisted" horseplayers are still afloat.

Last edited by thaskalos; 01-03-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:39 PM   #842
Si2see

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
As luck would have it the show would only be available through Roku.
With a 45 second to 1 minute delay.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:52 PM   #843
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
And I've got the reality show theme...which is similar to that of the already popular show KITCHEN NIGHTMARES.

And, at the end of the year...we can run a REVIEW show...to see how many of those "assisted" horseplayers are still afloat.
Haven't seen that one but there is a show called "Restaurant Impossible" with the same kind of theme- the chef helps a failing restaurant turn things around in two days.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:05 PM   #844
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
As luck would have it the show would only be available through Roku.
That's funny. My apologies if I offended you before. Was not my intent.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:07 PM   #845
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Maybe you can apologize to all the people you called crooks who are actually not crooks.

Oh, can't decided who is who?

Exactly.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:07 PM   #846
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si2see
With a 45 second to 1 minute delay.

I got a kick out of this one
Old 01-03-2017, 05:45 PM   #847
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Maybe you can apologize to all the people you called crooks who are actually not crooks.

Oh, can't decided who is who?

Exactly.
Should I be like you and point out a gramatical error (decide, not decided?)?

Maybe the little birdie in your ear chirped that thought into your mind?

It was extremely uncomfortable typing those last 2 sentences for me, as that's not part of my personality (sarcasm and tit for tat exchanges). I did it to illustrate a point.

I'm one of the few posters in the last 2 years here that actually defends themselves (I say few as not many are actually attacked personally on here), with facts. I'm one of the few people who sits here and stupidly takes the time to explain their position, rationally & proactively looking for true 2 way conversation. Not saying I'm better for it but what I am saying is that it's a waste of time to be human, civil and engaging with some in this crowd.

Even when you prove to the alleging party that their claim is false, it's not enough. There's no apologies from them saying: I was wrong for calling you a .20 bettor. I was wrong for accusing you of not betting a decent amount of money. I was wrong for saying you can't make $20,000 in 2 weeks at Portland Meadows and Sam Houston. There's no apology for giving me shit for the sake of giving me shit. The alleging party just spins a new lie off or a new false allegation off to get away from the 1st allegation. Point is, I wanted to see what it feels like to be on the other side for a second.

I wanted to see what it's like to play childish, use sarcasm and to play tit for tat.

I didn't like those short 10 seconds. It's unbecoming. Now, please allow me to reply to you as I normally would:

Can you kindly list the parties that I supposedly owe apologies to? I'd be more than happy to review the list and see if I need to apologize to them as well.

Finally, I don't think I've ever used the term crook. So I don't know where you're getting that from.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 01-03-2017 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #848
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
I got a kick out of this one
How would you feel if you wanted to see how your horse(s) loaded into the gate and because of THE INDUSTRY LEADING (yes, I hold them to a higher standard as they are supposed to be THE BEST), Non For Profit (for the good of the industry-not the people collecting those checks), leader's decision to save $500,000, you are no longer able to wager the way you'd like to?

How would you feel if YOU got shut out of your software's pick of a 40/1 shot, who wins and you lose out on a truck load of dough?

His comment was funny, I laughed hysterically for a good 10 seconds. I enjoyed it.

But as a client and after the giggles wore off, I realized that as a client, this kills my wagering. Not funny.

No wonder this industry just keeps going backwards and backwards. We have horseplayers that laugh off poor decisions, shrug their shoulders and say adapt. The thought never crosses their heads to speak up and be heard.

I, took the initiative to write a long, detailed and professional letter to the CEO of NYRA. Got a call from a low end employee that said that the shit hit the fan on Dec 22nd (from my letter) and that I made Chris Kay think for a while (remains to be seen, if that is true). At least I took some action to help the clientele of this industry that doesn't know HOW to speak up as they don't know HOW to type up an e-mail.

These "leaders" expect you to suck it up and to continue betting like a degenerate. They look down upon the people that push the handle into their coffers day in and day out and you turn around and laugh that someone's signal is 45 second is late?

This is exactly the attitude that has this game heading to non existence at 400 MPH.

At least I know, I did what I could to stop it.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 01-03-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:06 PM   #849
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Saving the game one ridiculous post after another.

What a hero!
Old 01-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #850
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
I've got the title for the show right here---->Horseplayers gone WILD!
That has a good sound to it. I 2nd this name
Old 01-03-2017, 06:11 PM   #851
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Yeah glad you're doing well, EMD.......but have you heard about the latest add-on to my upcoming EXOTICS program??

It's called HOT LIST! I got a good feeling about this....I think guys are gonna really enjoy this. Especially a man like you, busy- no time to handicap---just click a button!!

I'll keep you posted. Gotta run! Call me!
Old 01-03-2017, 06:13 PM   #852
Dahoss9698
Veteran

I thought we made progress today.

Crazy wins out again though. Should be a fun night.

EMD did you alert your clique? When should I expect them to arrive?
Old 01-03-2017, 06:37 PM   #853
Norm Gold

EMD meets Dahoss(EMD is De Niro).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...42059868,d.amc
Old 01-03-2017, 06:47 PM   #854
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Yeah glad you're doing well, EMD.......but have you heard about the latest add-on to my upcoming EXOTICS program??

It's called HOT LIST! I got a good feeling about this....I think guys are gonna really enjoy this. Especially a man like you, busy- no time to handicap---just click a button!!

I'll keep you posted. Gotta run! Call me!
Nice deflection and ignore of points made, you know....the usual. So much for discussing facts and opinions.

However, like a normal human being does, I'll respond to what you wrote and the points you made:

I hope your Exotics program kicks ass NCG. Despite your intermittent attempts to bust my chops, I WANT your program to do well. I hate seeing 5 figure pools on the early pick 4 at the BIG A with 25 seconds to the last horse loading.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #855
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Gold
I've never seen that movie.

I think this was an attempt to compliment me (I am not sure). Thanks but I don't ever want to be like Deniro in that scene.

My first preference is to be a logical human when dealing with things.
Closed Thread