Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 06-04-2017, 12:18 PM   #106
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I see the Warriors 4-2, but I thought the Warriors who I bet on last year were home free up 3-1. I think Durant is the big difference, I have seen him carry the Warriors during rare periods where Curry and Thompson are both throwing bricks.
Agree with all of that. KD healthy, is a force that can't be reckoned with on a team like that. When they spread the floor and he comes down the lane, no one can deal with that, the man is an incredible human athlete at that size. The Cleveland defense had no answer......and looked intimidated. When he's healthy, he's as good as anyone, including LeBron. Cleveland better adjust and act fast or this is history.

Last edited by burnsy; 06-04-2017 at 12:22 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #107
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Agree with all of that. KD healthy, is a force that can't be reckoned with on a team like that. When they spread the floor and he comes down the lane, no one can deal with that, the man is an incredible human athlete at that size. The Cleveland defense had no answer......and looked intimidated. When he's healthy, he's as good as anyone, including LeBron. Cleveland better adjust and act fast or this is history.
KD is obviously a great player, but having watched the last couple years closely he is no LeBron. Of course he looks extra great on the Warriors. He is playing on an all star team wher the other team can't focus on him. KD struggles when he has to deal with strong defenders and the floor isn't spaced. He still isn't strong like LeBron and needs others to help.

That is exactly why he struggled so much in late game situations in OKC. He's too tall to dribble in traffic and he can't get to the hole, just doesn't have the strength. Had the Thunder not relied on him every time in late game situations and given the ball to Russ, they would have won more games and maybe a title. Russ showed that this year. He is a closer. KD isn't, but on the Warriors he doesn't have to be.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2017, 02:20 PM   #108
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
KD is obviously a great player, but having watched the last couple years closely he is no LeBron. Of course he looks extra great on the Warriors. He is playing on an all star team wher the other team can't focus on him. KD struggles when he has to deal with strong defenders and the floor isn't spaced. He still isn't strong like LeBron and needs others to help.

That is exactly why he struggled so much in late game situations in OKC. He's too tall to dribble in traffic and he can't get to the hole, just doesn't have the strength. Had the Thunder not relied on him every time in late game situations and given the ball to Russ, they would have won more games and maybe a title. Russ showed that this year. He is a closer. KD isn't, but on the Warriors he doesn't have to be.
It's funny because out here, people say Curry doesn't have to be the closer because of KD.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2017, 02:32 PM   #109
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
It's funny because out here, people say Curry doesn't have to be the closer because of KD.
LOL, when do they ever have to close? They're always up by 30.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:27 PM   #110
burnsy
self medicated

Really? Because from where I'm sitting KD just ran a clinic tonight. Was the best player on the court.........again. Shots and plays that changed the momentum through out the game.

What defense? They have none.

Last edited by burnsy; 06-04-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:46 PM   #111
Valuist

Quote:
Really? Because from where I'm sitting KD just ran a clinic tonight. Was the best player on the court.........again. Shots and plays that changed the momentum through out the game.

I agree 100%. I also knew he was a great player, but getting to see him on a game in, game out basis, he's better than I thought.

Paul Pierce after the game: "He (Durant) may just be the best player in the world."
Old 06-05-2017, 12:28 AM   #112
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

If you switched KD with LeBron, the Warriors would be even better. It is a team game and KD is on the MUCH better team. The Cavs, if you switch the two, might not get out of the East.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:34 AM   #113
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
If you switched KD with LeBron, the Warriors would be even better. It is a team game and KD is on the MUCH better team. The Cavs, if you switch the two, might not get out of the East.
LeBron does not play defense like him so far. The Warriors are shooting like 63% over him...........KD, 5 blocks last night and he does not give up crap. Plus, when it comes to shooting the ball, the only one shooting better is his teammate Mr. Curry. Golden State is the better team and right now, no one is playing better than KD. When that game got close he kept sticking the knife in Cleveland's back and he did it multiple times.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #114
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
LeBron does not play defense like him so far. The Warriors are shooting like 63% over him...........KD, 5 blocks last night and he does not give up crap. Plus, when it comes to shooting the ball, the only one shooting better is his teammate Mr. Curry. Golden State is the better team and right now, no one is playing better than KD. When that game got close he kept sticking the knife in Cleveland's back and he did it multiple times.
KD is a better defender? Come on.

Like I said, switch the two and it is a bigger mismatch. KD is obviously a great player, but when you are surrounded by a bunch of other all stars and another top 50 all time player, things are a lot easier.

Kyrie sure has shrunk up this series so far.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:45 AM   #115
Valuist

Quote:
KD is a better defender? Come on.

Like I said, switch the two and it is a bigger mismatch. KD is obviously a great player, but when you are surrounded by a bunch of other all stars and another top 50 all time player, things are a lot easier.

Kyrie sure has shrunk up this series so far.
At this stage of Lebron's career, KD is a much better defender. How about the graphic showing when a Warrior is guarded by Lebron, they are shooting 63% from the field?

Lebron had an amazing first half last night, but Cleveland made a mistake trying to run with the Warriors. By the second half, they were completely spent. LBJ probably still is the best player in the game, but the extra 200 games over the past 7 years has taken its toll and the gap between him and the other top players has lessened.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:35 PM   #116
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
At this stage of Lebron's career, KD is a much better defender. How about the graphic showing when a Warrior is guarded by Lebron, they are shooting 63% from the field?

Lebron had an amazing first half last night, but Cleveland made a mistake trying to run with the Warriors. By the second half, they were completely spent. LBJ probably still is the best player in the game, but the extra 200 games over the past 7 years has taken its toll and the gap between him and the other top players has lessened.
I think LeBron is trying to do too much so he is exhausted. He also tries to help too much on defense. It isn't like the Warriors are running isos to get somebody matched up on LeBron.

I'll stick by my point, if you switch the two players Cleveland might not make it out of the east, and the Warriors might not ever lose a game. You are right that the gap has lessened. That is why Cleveland (and any other team) has zero chance, and have been saying so since July 4th.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:56 AM   #117
ace4win

Lebron James is the game changers for Cavs, somebody should help him for them to win game 3.
ace4win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #118
Robert Fischer
clean money

sweep?

Cleveland will be a home underdog.

Under 226?
Old 06-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #119
lansdale

KD vs. LBJ

These are two of the greatest hoops players we'll ever have the privilege of watching -- so somewhat silly imho, but maybe inevitable that the perennial argument about who's the true alpha. I've posted a link of all their head to head games below -- one interesting perspective on this pair., because I believe we can assume that these two were checking each other most of the time in these games. I think this summary tells us what we already know -- these two players are very close in ability, although LBJ is often thought to be an order of magnitude better. Their reg. season scoring and rebounding is almost identical, and LBJ is a better passer. In the post season, KD is the better shooter and scorer, and LBJ's rebounding picks up over the reg. season, as we know.

Re KD in this series, he's outplaying LBJ, but not by much. Worth remembering that LBJ, at 32, is now a couple of years past his prime -- we can all see the decline in vertical lift, speed, and stamina. KD, at 28, is in his prime, at the peak of his career. Also, as cj pointed out, on such a stacked team, KD is much less pressured -- when before in his career did you ever seem get open looks, or passes for easy dunks in the lane -- never. For the same reason, he's also playing fewer minutes, and thus has greater reserves of energy throughout the game. OTOH, LBJ, is forced to expend huge amounts of energy, and he's clearly been gassed by the second half of both these games. Despite all, he's still playing at an amazingly high level.

So who is better? At this point, as pure player, KD is better -- he led the league in WS/48, the best overall indicator of the contribution a player makes to winning. But if you asked the question 'who do you want with the ball in his hands at crunch time' , that would have to be LBJ, whose hoops IQ is much higher. One of the best aspects of KD's move to GSW is that he rarely has to make any important decisions with the ball, (maybe the weakest part of his game) since Curry and DG do such a great job.

Wish this were a real series, but still great to be able to watch some spectacular play.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&idx=players
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2017, 04:05 AM   #120
ace4win

Game 3, and Cleveland Cavaliers has a lot of things to do so that they can win this one.
ace4win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply