Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Let me ask a question

Why is Obama getting credit for how he handled Hurricane Sandy?

Is it only because of Christie's comments? Because the way I see it, being someone who lives in LI, NY, there are a LOT of pissed off people in the wake of the storm...a lot of people STILL without power...a lot of people STILL waiting on long lines for gas for their cars and for their generators...a few days ago (Saturday, five days after the storm), I waited for over an hour to fill up my car, and I was fortunate to get on the line early...

Cuomo promised FREE GAS that was never delivered...he blamed it on the feds if I recall correctly...

What exactly did Obama do? Why are so many people freezing their asses off in their darkened homes the last few nights? Why are there still close to 200,000 people without power on Long Island?

How has Obama made things better to the people affected by Sandy?

I realize a president really can't do much except release money and resources to the affected states....wow...what a guy...
Old 11-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Because the way I see it, being someone who lives in LI, NY, there are a LOT of pissed off people in the wake of the storm..
Can't you see? Look at what I inherited!! (bushies & mother nature's fault)
Old 11-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #3
OntheRail

What has he REALLY done since day 1? The whole things been like a episode of the Twilight Zone!
Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 AM   #4
ElKabong

Christie walking hand in hand with Baraq was a big help for Obie, late. I know it did NOTHING to help those in need, but Christie felt a need to butter up the prez for $$ I suppose. Christie did what he had to do (in his mind)

Here we are 8 days later, problems still exist
Old 11-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Let's see...Paul Krugman says Obama deserved credit...but in the same piece, he wrote this two days ago:

Quote:
Much of the greater New York area (including my house) is still without power; gasoline is scarce; and some outlying areas are feeling neglected.
He also says this:

Quote:
The other is the scene in flooded Hoboken, with the National Guard moving in the day after the storm struck to deliver food and water and rescue stranded residents.
Isn't the National Guard called out by the Governor? Wouldn't that credit go to Christie?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/05/op...rina.html?_r=0
Old 11-07-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

The only thing he did for the East Coast after the hurricane was stop by for a photo op.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:32 AM   #7
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan04
The only thing he did for the East Coast after the hurricane was stop by for a photo op.
The general public is at an all time stupid. "Wow. Lookie him. Showin' up for a hurryCane!" "Think I'll change my vote."

We're now officially in KardashianLand.

Good thing I got style.

Screw substance.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:25 AM   #8
thaskalos

Quote:
Why is Obama getting credit for how he handled Hurricane Sandy?

Is it only because of Christie's comments? Because the way I see it, being someone who lives in LI, NY, there are a LOT of pissed off people in the wake of the storm...a lot of people STILL without power...a lot of people STILL waiting on long lines for gas for their cars and for their generators...a few days ago (Saturday, five days after the storm), I waited for over an hour to fill up my car, and I was fortunate to get on the line early...

Cuomo promised FREE GAS that was never delivered...he blamed it on the feds if I recall correctly...

What exactly did Obama do? Why are so many people freezing their asses off in their darkened homes the last few nights? Why are there still close to 200,000 people without power on Long Island?

How has Obama made things better to the people affected by Sandy?

I realize a president really can't do much except release money and resources to the affected states....wow...what a guy...
Lame argument, IMO...

What exactly would YOU have done to comfort these people if you were in Obama's place?

When natural disasters such as these strike, people are going to suffer...and nothing anybody can do can prevent that.

There are natural disasters of all sorts that have ravaged many countries of the world...and the outcome is always the same -- no matter who the president of the country is.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:35 AM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Lame argument, IMO...

What exactly would YOU have done to comfort these people if you were in Obama's place?

When natural disasters such as these strike, people are going to suffer...and nothing anybody can do can prevent that.

There are natural disasters of all sorts that have ravaged many countries of the world...and the outcome is always the same -- no matter who the president of the country is.
OK. So why call my argument lame? The lame part would be giving Obama credit for how he "handled" the storm, would it not? Unless I'm reading you wrong.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:44 AM   #10
newtothegame

Mike, your argument falls on deaf ears.
thask and them do not see the story and picture youre trying to show them.....
On one hand they will not argue against Obama getting credit, then on the next they say there is nothing that anyone can do, "people will suffer", then turn around and blame Bush for katrina......
The left will never hold one of their own in contempt for ANYTHING.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:47 AM   #11
thaskalos

Quote:
OK. So why call my argument lame? The lame part would be giving Obama credit for how he "handled" the storm, would it not? Unless I'm reading you wrong.
Did Obama ask for any credit?

If people are complementing him on the way he handled this crisis...is that HIS fault?

Your argument is lame because it has no point. Whom are you blaming in this credit-giving affair...and what does Obama have to do with it?

When you say..."wow...what a guy", while rolling on the floor laughing...what does this mean?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #12
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
Mike, your argument falls on deaf ears.
thask and them do not see the story and picture youre trying to show them.....
On one hand they will not argue against Obama getting credit, then on the next they say there is nothing that anyone can do, "people will suffer", then turn around and blame Bush for katrina......
The left will never hold one of their own in contempt for ANYTHING.
More bullshit generalizations.

I never blamed Bush for Katrina...and the only contempt I see here is from YOU guys towards us "idiots"...who were stupid enough to think that Obama would win this election.

And now that you geniuses were proven wrong, you have the gall to go on the offensive...instead of perhaps getting off your high horse and admitting that you can't see what's right in front of your nose.

You were WRONG guys...and you are not nearly as smart as you think you are.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:07 AM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

I never blamed Bush for Katrina...and the only contempt I see here is from YOU guys towards us "idiots"...who were stupid enough to think that Obama would win this election.

And now that you geniuses were proven wrong, you have the gall to go on the offensive...instead of perhaps getting off your high horse and admitting that you can't see what's right in front of your nose.

Look, when Bush won in 2004 (when all the LEFTIES here were acting the RIGHTY part of today and telling us no way Bush would win against Kerry), the LEFTIES didn't get off their high horse after the election...and they hardly admitted they were wrong. So just please stop with that nonsense.

Gloat all you want, but stop telling the righties what they SHOULD do or should be EXPECTED to do, when the example certainly wasn't followed on your end (and if you weren't here back then, then consider THEM a proxy for YOU).
Old 11-07-2012, 03:10 AM   #14
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
When you say..."wow...what a guy", while rolling on the floor laughing...what does this mean?
It should be clear. The only thing a president can do in time of disaster is declare the hardest hit areas disaster areas, thereby freeing money and resources to flow quickly to these places in need. That's it...thereby triggering my "wow...what a guy" comment...he deserves credit for this?

Plenty of people in my area are complaining about FEMA...complaining about the lack of help...complaining about the lack of fuel (both gas AND heating oil)...complaining about the lack of electricity....complaining about the lack of INFORMATION on what exactly is being done....

Seeing as I am in the middle of all this, I think I have a right to question why Obama has gotten credit, whether he asked for it or not.

Paul Krugman didn't seem to have a very good answer, if you read his piece that I linked to...
Old 11-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #15
newtothegame

Quote:

You know what Thas....please show me where I called YOU an idiot? .
But, since you want to call me a genius, I will gladly take that credit and tell you to go blow!
I personally, was at first upset by this result. But, after five minutes, I realized that you on the left are IDIOTS (and if you are on the left then this means YOU).
You see, in my world, in order to fix something, sometimes it needs to collapse completely!
So, I have already encouraged as many people as I can tonight on my social media outlets to go out, celebrate, spend as much as you can. Hell, don't even worry about paying it back (sound familiar???)
In another thread, Highnote is talking about what ifs and the north and south splitting.....Funniest chit I ever heard!!!
The liberals states could not make it on their own....THE LEFT ALWAYS DEPENDS ON SOMEONE ELSE ........
In case you missed it, Obama has gotten all kinds of credit for the northeast and sandy...yet the media (lame stream) fails to show the truth of what is really going on. I know what those poor people are going through, experiencing Katrina myself.
Now you have nerve to tell me to get off of my "high horse"......
SCREW YOU is all I can say. You dont like my opinions, don't read them. You don't like what is being said here, leave! Last i checked, Mike allows us to express our opinions and views. Last I checked, debate was good. Course those on the left dont like debate...just ask Harry Reid.
you see, very little will get done over the next four as this administration has promoted too much ill will across the aisle. unless they are willing to continue to circumvent the law, which is a distinct possibility, then its nada, nothing. And, in four more years we will be right back here talking about how deficits have increased, welfare recipients are through the roof, the levying of more taxes, no budgets passed, etc etc. Question is, who will you all on the left blame then??????
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-07-2012 at 03:21 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: