Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-20-2021, 03:24 PM   #76
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
The idea that the "punishment should fit the crime" has been leveraged into "crime pays" because "They aren't allowed to shoot me."
I don’t believe in proportional justice. Punishment should fit the criminal not the crime. Whatever it takes to keep society safe. If that means putting a repeat offender down like a rabid dog, so be it.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:32 PM   #77
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
The idea that the "punishment should fit the crime" has been leveraged into "crime pays" because "They aren't allowed to shoot me."

How many people who agree with that would be up in arms if THEIR PROPERTY and/or livelihood was being targeted?

I am a law-follower.
I respect laws - whether I like them or not.
Heck, I wear a mask in public, don't I? LOL

But, as far as I am concerned, we could learn a bit from the old west. "Get caught stealing my horse and you get shot."

Not complicated.
And fair.
Used to be understood by both sides of the equation, but not any more.

Just my opinion.
But now it is just as bad as being a slave owner, thinking, you have the rights to own a horse. That horse is all of Are's to use as we see fit. You just keep it fed and healthy for us.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2021, 04:37 PM   #78
thaskalos

A former business-partner of mine -- an ex-college wrestler -- would take shoplifters in the back room, and beat the shit out of them. And then he would beat them up some more for bleeding on the back-room floor. It was a horrifying experience for me, and embarrassing too...because I had to bail my partner out of the police station every other week. But no-one ever stole from us twice.
Old 11-20-2021, 04:46 PM   #79
sharkey11

back in the 70s-80s cheats were treated to the same in Vegas!
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2021, 07:03 PM   #80
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
A former business-partner of mine -- an ex-college wrestler -- would take shoplifters in the back room, and beat the shit out of them. And then he would beat them up some more for bleeding on the back-room floor. It was a horrifying experience for me, and embarrassing too...because I had to bail my partner out of the police station every other week. But no-one ever stole from us twice.
In the early 80’s in California some Deputies I knew would “rough up” shoplifters

I often left the room before any of that started
Old 11-20-2021, 07:08 PM   #81
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I don’t believe in proportional justice. Punishment should fit the criminal not the crime. Whatever it takes to keep society safe. If that means putting a repeat offender down like a rabid dog, so be it.
That's the thing, it is not what a few believe. It makes for television but that is it.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2021, 01:11 PM   #82
AndyC

Another typical day in the SF Bay Area.

https://abc7news.com/walnut-creek-no...laza/11258815/
Old 11-21-2021, 08:30 PM   #83
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post

Saw this on Epoch Times online. Seriously, civilization has gone south. Lawlessness reigns

My wife was assaulted after school by a 12yo kid 2 weeks ago. School is doing everything possible to sweep it under the rug. Injuries are so bad she's been referred to a neurologist, having a hard time dealing with it emotionally and physically. Kids have no respect for the law b/c they can get away with anything (sometimes)

When the Benefits person called my wife to check in, she asked where she taught. When my wife mentioned the school, the lady said "oh that campus has a lot of problems with assaults'. Keep in mind, Benefits only hears of staff being assaulted. Not kids vs kids.

She wanted to teach one more year before we move to East Tx and "wanted to make it count". She loves teaching kids from troubled backgrounds, it gives her the most satisfaction. I told her not to teach at DISD (because of the obvious), unfortunately she went with her heart instead of her mind
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2021, 09:44 PM   #84
Dave Schwartz

Elkabong,

So sorry to hear this.

Prayers for your wife.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2021, 10:11 PM   #85
Poindexter

Quote:

The only thing that has been missing is the social workers. I am pretty sure if there was a social worker on scene the people looting would just walk away and listen to reason. You just have to understand how this all works.

By the way London Breed is one serious piece of work. She if a big part of the left/progressive movement that sets up these idiotic policies that cause people to think they can just waltz into Walgreens, and Louis Vuitton and Nordstrom and all the other places that have been burglarized in the last few days and help themselves. Then has the audacity to get angry. Now she is going to fill the streets up with Police. I thought Police were bad. Isn't that the narrative of the left. WTF is it?

You set up irresponsible policies and bad things will happen. You set up good policies and hopefully you can prevent a lot of these bad things from happening. It is not a matter of intelligence as we have all known this forever.

Getting off topic here but....The madness of the left almost has to be a diversion from this other stuff that is going on (forced vaccine mandates, lockdowns, elimination of basic liberties....leading to God knows where) There is just no logic behind any of it. The media just does a great job of stirring the pot with all these diversions (white supremacy, the unvaccinated, the poice, capitalism, crt, wokeness, cancel culture, economy, ......) and people just don't see the big picture.

There are just some very evil and sinister forces alive and well globally. The who and why is the question? People really need to wake up. What has happened to this world is just very, very sad imo and too many just walk around with blinkers on and mesmerized by their cellphones.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2021, 10:50 PM   #86
JustRalph
Just another Facist

El Kabong……….

Get a lawyer involved. Time is not on your side. If she is in a public pension system, and this keeps her from returning to the classroom, a disability pension can be much more lucrative depending on the situation. She put in her time. She deserves everything she gets.
Old 11-21-2021, 11:28 PM   #87
AndyC

Quote:

Would Mostpost count this as 1 shoplifting incident or 80?
Old 11-22-2021, 12:16 AM   #88
davew

Quote:
Would Mostpost count this as 1 shoplifting incident or 80?
need to wait and see if any, or how many get convicted
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2021, 12:34 AM   #89
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
El Kabong……….

Get a lawyer involved. Time is not on your side. If she is in a public pension system, and this keeps her from returning to the classroom, a disability pension can be much more lucrative depending on the situation. She put in her time. She deserves everything she gets.
Trust me we tried. None are interested. None. All we want>> is to press charges. All the lawyers want>> is to scoop up on any workmans/ comp situation. We don't need the money, and I'm not being flippant. We just want the kid brought to justice. He ran into her from behind, knocked her into another teacher, stood over her, smiled and said "bitch".

We asked the campus cop for their report, we were denied. We don't know if the other teacher was interviewed or not.

The school won't release video to us, said it was "too grainy". That's when I pressed to see it for myself, they won't allow my wife or me to view it.

DPD won't act, said if the DISD cops don't report it as an assault, there's nothing they can do (...say what?). Odd thing.. my wife was first put on assault leave. Then a week later they changed it to another type of leave/ non assault. Very long story short, it's been swept under the rug.

I asked my brother if he knew a lawyer a week ago, given his business employed a few in his time. One came back with "sounds like that's no campus for a white woman to teach at", the other told him "good luck finding a cauc judge to serve on that". She's seriously affected by the attack, but it doesn't matter

Dallas county is nowhere we need to be. Last month we (under) bid on a house in east Tx, sure wish we had bid seriously now.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 11-22-2021 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-22-2021, 12:46 AM   #90
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
El Kabong……….

as to disability pension... she retired 4 yrs ago. That may or may not have a bearing on the pension. She's a "retire/ rehire".

The only reasons she returned to the classroom were a) she was bored, even w/ chess classes and tournaments, B) she "Wanted to make a difference" in her last year.

We're way more interested in seeing charges pressed than anything. A criminal elevates crimes when they get free passes

Last edited by ElKabong; 11-22-2021 at 12:51 AM.