Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-18-2021, 08:09 AM   #106
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
If Knicks Go is pointing to the Pegasus,and is 100%........I don't think any horse scares his connections out of the race.........for any reason.
Well of course they aren't going to say "he's healthy but we don't want to face Life is Good" so you're safe.

All "injuries" are not actual injuries. Surely you know that.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2021, 10:29 AM   #107
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post
Would be nice if someday we could all say the winner's share of a $3 million race is little to gain. I would think Knicks Go really comes into the race with nothing to lose, it's a last hurrah, stud fee is already set, what's the downside? Did people look at California Chrome's stinker of a career finale in the Pegasus & hold that against him?
I don't really understand why the breeding industry cares so much about specific losses after a horse does something big, but all the indicators of how people duck races and overstate injuries indicate they do
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2021, 11:17 PM   #108
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Well of course they aren't going to say "he's healthy but we don't want to face Life is Good" so you're safe.

All "injuries" are not actual injuries. Surely you know that.
Not exactly sure what I'm safe from........that's an odd take you have there.
Also...
Never said anything about injuries......those are your words.....not mine.
I thought my post was very easy to understand.
I'll simplify it for you.
The Knicks Go camp isn't going to duck Life is Good.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2021, 08:44 AM   #109
Robert Fischer
clean money

it would be cool to see them both still racing in 2022 and face off in Saudi

seems unlikely given the likelihood one or both retires, the Charlatan vs. Knicks Go meltdown, and Mandaloun supposedly pointed there.
Old 11-19-2021, 09:04 AM   #110
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I don't really understand why the breeding industry cares so much about specific losses after a horse does something big, but all the indicators of how people duck races and overstate injuries indicate they do
In general, I'm not sure how focused breeders and horse buyers are on the quality of certain fields and the trips the horses got when looking at a horse's record, but I would be.

If you suspect that your horse may have benefited by facing a weak field or getting an easy trip to accomplish something significant, you may not want to take a chance to have him exposed in a tougher spot.

I'm not knocking Knicks Go. Not many horses are both as fast as he is and can go 10F, but if he were to get torched by Life Is Good after getting torched by Charlatan and coming up short in the Met when dueling it might reinforce the view that he needed to be loose and control the pace to beat top horses. That could hurt his value a bit.
Old 11-19-2021, 09:10 PM   #111
BarchCapper

Knicks Go isn't a Korea-bred, but is Korean owned, managed, and was identified for purchase by the namesake Korean nicking program.

Does anyone have any idea if his triumphs on the racetrack have received any kind of media attention in South Korea, despite his never having raced there?

The Japanese-bred, Japanese-raced Breeders' Cup winners were headline news in that country, but with much stronger home country ties/sense of pride.

If there has been any major Knicks Go related media attention in South Korea, that would seem to give more of a push/incentive to run in the Pegasus to keep the KRA on the national "radar".
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: