Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-02-2021, 06:06 PM   #31
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
Lawmakers are supposed to be servants not leaders.
True...but they don't know that, and that's what counts.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:06 PM   #32
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
You must be under the impression that I am here to educate you.
I know better than that. But YOU did make the claim, so it's a reasonable request.

Hate to say this, Thask, but you're an empty suit, making one empty claim after another. Again, I remind of what you claimed over on the Freewill Illusion thread.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:11 PM   #33
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
Lawmakers are supposed to be servants not leaders.
And not only are they supposed to be "servants" but God, who ordained human government, intended that civil authorities be servants to do good for the people (Rom 13:4).
Old 11-02-2021, 06:12 PM   #34
AndyC

Quote:
Sure. If a pastor is found frequenting houses of prostitution, then...why shouldn't I?

So going a step further if this pastor killed a prostitute then why shouldn't you too?
Old 11-02-2021, 06:12 PM   #35
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I know better than that. But YOU did make the claim, so it's a reasonable request.

Hate to say this, Thask, but you're an empty suit, making one empty claim after another. Again, I remind of what you claimed over on the Freewill Illusion thread.
You want answers to your questions...even though you never supply any answer to any question of mine. When I keep asking you why the Jewish scriptures are more credible than the Hindu scriptures...all you do is deflect and tip-toe to another topic. And I am the "empty suit".
Old 11-02-2021, 06:14 PM   #36
classhandicapper

Quote:
People are doing what they want to do because our "lawmakers" have been breaking their own rules with impunity. When the leaders don't obey the rules...why should the followers?
I think a lot of it may be the other way around.

People elect the lawmakers.

Lawmakers want to get elected and re-elected.

If the people are heathens, they will overlook all the things some people see as the character flaws or sinful behavior and put in place lawmakers that promise to make all their sins legal and socially acceptable. They will also tend to elect people that scorn religious people and their objective morality. We are well on that path. I'm not even that religious, but even I can see that if Satan comes to earth his home office on the west coast is going to be in Hollywood and on the east coast it will be DC and Wall St.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-02-2021 at 06:20 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2021, 06:17 PM   #37
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
So going a step further if this pastor killed a prostitute then why shouldn't you too?
I may not...but I'm sure others do. Some people think more highly of these pastors than I do.

Andy...there was a time when people fell for this "do as I say, and not as I do" nonsense. But people have gotten smarter...and they will no longer abide by morality laws created by immoral people. As they say..."the fish starts stinking from the head".
Old 11-02-2021, 06:25 PM   #38
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I think a lot of it may be the other way around.

People elect the lawmakers.

Lawmakers want to get elected and re-elected.

If the people are heathens, they will overlook all the things some people see as the character flaws or sinful behavior and put in place lawmakers that promise to make all their sins legal and socially acceptable. They will also tend to elect people that scorn religious people and their objective morality. We are well on that path. I'm not even that religious, but even I can see that if Satan comes to earth his home office on the west coast is going to be in Hollywood and on the east coast it will be DC and Wall St.
You assume that the religious people are the ones being scorned...when the King of Scorn on this site is Boxcar. Does this make any sense? Isn't this site a microcosm of our society?
Old 11-02-2021, 06:29 PM   #39
classhandicapper

Quote:
I may not...but I'm sure others do. Some people think more highly of these pastors than I do.

Andy...there was a time when people fell for this "do as I say, and not as I do" nonsense. But people have gotten smarter...and they will no longer abide by morality laws created by immoral people. As they say..."the fish starts stinking from the head".
I'm not disagreeing here, but I (and I think most people) have some hypocrisy in them. I don't have any children, but if I did I would advise them to not do some of the things I've done in my life. If they asked me why if I did those things it's not OK for them, I'd do my best to explain the error of my ways. I've done a few things in life I would take back if I could go back in time.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:30 PM   #40
classhandicapper

Quote:
You assume that the religious people are the ones being scorned...when the King of Scorn on this site is Boxcar. Does this make any sense? Isn't this site a microcosm of our society?
I don't think this forum is a microcosm of our society. This is a more conservative leaning group than average.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:32 PM   #41
thaskalos

Quote:
I don't think this forum is a microcosm of our society. This is a more conservative leaning group than average.
Is this why Boxcar is the most scornful poster here?
Old 11-02-2021, 06:40 PM   #42
classhandicapper

Quote:
Is this why Boxcar is the most scornful poster here?
Boxscore has very strong opinions, as do many people on both sides of the political spectrum.

I have a lot of strong opinions also, except on horse races.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:49 PM   #43
thaskalos

Quote:
I have a lot of strong opinions also, except on horse races.
Yup...I've noticed that.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:52 PM   #44
classhandicapper

Quote:
Yup...I've noticed that.
I just started handicapping the BC races carefully and I'm already getting dizzy.
Old 11-02-2021, 07:42 PM   #45
boxcar

Quote:
You want answers to your questions...even though you never supply any answer to any question of mine. When I keep asking you why the Jewish scriptures are more credible than the Hindu scriptures...all you do is deflect and tip-toe to another topic. And I am the "empty suit".
That's not true and you know it. I have given you plenty of [b]biblical[]b] reasons (answers) as to why the Jewish scriptures are credible. Furthermore, you have not, up until now, ever expressed even a remote interest in Hinduism or the Hindu scriptures. Why do you suddenly find Hinduism more credible than biblical Christianity? And how does the Hindu god save people? I've never heard of this god's salvation. Never read about it. No Hindu has ever shared his god's plan of salvation with me. Maybe this god limits his salvation to the people of India. Perhaps the Hindu god is racist?

I have over the years given you and all participants on the various Religious threads opportunities (up to three per person) to discredit the Jewish scriptures by proving there are contradictions in them, yet not one of you have succeeded.