Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-21-2021, 09:57 PM   #31
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Just wait until you try to renew your life insurance policy....
Pity. I was gonna name you my beneficiary.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:58 PM   #32
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Pity. I was gonna name you my beneficiary.
I don't need the money....But thanks for the thought...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2021, 09:59 PM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
It might be just me...but I would NEVER agree to be vaccinated if I was certain that the suppliers of these vaccines were "obviously bullshitting" with their claims pertaining to the vaccine's level of "safety".
Why do I get the sense thaskalos is trolling us all with his supposed stance on the COVID vaccine?
Old 09-21-2021, 10:03 PM   #34
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why do I get the sense thaskalos is trolling us all with his supposed stance on the COVID vaccine?
Not at all. I believe that this vaccine is being promoted by unscrupulous people...and I want nothing to do with it. But I wonder how people can voluntarily get vaccinated while also questioning the integrity of the vaccine promoters.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:08 PM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Why wouldn't you get vaccinated? Your sister died from COVID.

Hell, even I got vaccinated. But I'm a dummy. You're supposed to be the smart one.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:09 PM   #36
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
But I wonder how people can voluntarily get vaccinated while also questioning the integrity of the vaccine promoters.
To answer your specific question (which I've answered before for others), it was family pressure. Plain and simple.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:15 PM   #37
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Hell, even I got vaccinated. But I'm a dummy. You're supposed to be the smart one.
You said this, not I.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:01 AM   #38
classhandicapper

Quote:
Not at all. I believe that this vaccine is being promoted by unscrupulous people...and I want nothing to do with it. But I wonder how people can voluntarily get vaccinated while also questioning the integrity of the vaccine promoters.
For me, I think back in March I knew way less than I do now.

In March I knew there were probably long term risks, but at 62, I thought the rewards outweighed the potential risks substantially and that the short term risks were negligible or they would have reported them to us honestly.

Now, I feel certain the risks are WAY higher than the government, media and POS liars like Fauci are telling us and the rewards are way lower. There are way more breakthrough cases, the probability of those breakthrough cases keeps rising, the probability of breakthrough cases leading to hospitalization or worse keeps rising, and we are all going to need boosters. You are basically taking on serious risks for a 6 month benefit and then have to re-expose yourself to the risks (which may rise with each booster).

If I knew then what I know now, it would be a much tougher decision.

If I was 20 and very healthy there's almost no way I'd take it unless I had a very high risk job or planned on being out partying every night in bars etc..

If I had a young child that they wanted me to vaccinate I'd go to church and pray to God for wisdom.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-22-2021 at 10:03 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2021, 10:19 AM   #39
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You said this, not I.
Yeah...that didn't come out right.

If you're not trolling us...then why don't you get vaccinated?

If this were a news talk show, I'd set up a debate between you and TJDave...now that would be entertainment!
Old 09-22-2021, 10:35 AM   #40
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
There are way more breakthrough cases, the probability of those breakthrough cases keeps rising, the probability of breakthrough cases leading to hospitalization or worse keeps rising, and we are all going to need boosters. You are basically taking on serious risks for a 6 month benefit and then have to re-expose yourself to the risks (which may rise with each booster).
I personally know four vaccinated people who have contracted covid in the last week, and I live in Podunk, SC. One is a very healthy 45 year old man who took the J&J vaccine in the spring and had to be hospitalized several days ago because he couldn't breathe.

The wife of that man is 36/37 and had to be hospitalized after a bad reaction to the J&J vaccine in the spring.

Last edited by tucker6; 09-22-2021 at 10:43 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2021, 10:41 AM   #41
tucker6

I am almost 58 and my opinion was similar to Classy. I thought the reward outweighed the risk based on govt data. The truth is that the efficacy is way too high and the risks underreported based on my anecdotal examples. Even that wouldn't be the final nail. What was the final nail was now knowing that the vaccine only lasts a few months before wearing off. There is NO benefit in having a vaccine that wears off before flu/covid season begins. Only risk.

I'm much better off getting covid and going through the "protocol" treatments. By doing that, I'll have better immunity at lower risk. That's what the govt isn't telling you. For the vast majority of people (90%+), you'd be better off not taking the vaccine all the way around. The science actually supports the position that your best hope is to get covid and fight it off.

Last edited by tucker6; 09-22-2021 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:47 AM   #42
tucker6

By my count we are on day 556 of flattening the curve so we can go about our daily lives again without fear. How's it working so far?

The very definition of insanity ...
Old 09-22-2021, 11:43 AM   #43
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I personally know four vaccinated people who have contracted covid in the last week, and I live in Podunk, SC. One is a very healthy 45 year old man who took the J&J vaccine in the spring and had to be hospitalized several days ago because he couldn't breathe.

The wife of that man is 36/37 and had to be hospitalized after a bad reaction to the J&J vaccine in the spring.

The J & J vaccine has by far the worst effectiveness rating of the 3 and degrades faster from all the numbers I have seen floated around. I don't keep in touch with many people these days and know 3 that got break through cases that got the Moderna shot, one friend who is 45, my 74 year old aunt and my 60 year old self. My aunt seemed to suffer the least, she felt under the weather but kept her normal routine, friend said he was sick enough to take two weeks off work and his job is white collar. As for me sick day 35, but functional at 25-50% speed, mostly fatigue, I run out of gas easily. I guess I qualify as a break through case long hauler.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2021, 12:28 PM   #44
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I am almost 58 and my opinion was similar to Classy. I thought the reward outweighed the risk based on govt data. The truth is that the efficacy is way too high and the risks underreported based on my anecdotal examples. Even that wouldn't be the final nail. What was the final nail was now knowing that the vaccine only lasts a few months before wearing off. There is NO benefit in having a vaccine that wears off before flu/covid season begins. Only risk.

I'm much better off getting covid and going through the "protocol" treatments. By doing that, I'll have better immunity at lower risk. That's what the govt isn't telling you. For the vast majority of people (90%+), you'd be better off not taking the vaccine all the way around. The science actually supports the position that your best hope is to get covid and fight it off.
This is how I see it now as well. The more I tell family members to eff off about taking the vaccine the less they bother .
Old 09-22-2021, 12:30 PM   #45
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
The J & J vaccine has by far the worst effectiveness rating of the 3 and degrades faster from all the numbers I have seen floated around. I don't keep in touch with many people these days and know 3 that got break through cases that got the Moderna shot, one friend who is 45, my 74 year old aunt and my 60 year old self. My aunt seemed to suffer the least, she felt under the weather but kept her normal routine, friend said he was sick enough to take two weeks off work and his job is white collar. As for me sick day 35, but functional at 25-50% speed, mostly fatigue, I run out of gas easily. I guess I qualify as a break through case long hauler.
Have you tried any therapeutics.