Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-22-2019, 11:54 AM   #166
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benni View Post
What you mentioned is also covered in this interesting opinion piece. After reading this one of the things I wonder about is why do trainers continue to employee Saez? God help the horses and jockeys running in a race with Saez. He's horribly reckless and could very well cause a nasty spill one day.

https://thepressboxlts.com/opinion-d...re-a-hot-mess/

Reading the suspensions is unreal given he keeps getting hit for reckless riding. If I'm looking correctly, he finished second in the standings at Belmont, and is currently second at Saratoga.

I'm unclear on what this dude doesn't understand about the term, reckless riding. I do know that on Saturday evening, his tone, I felt, was arrogant, somewhat impatient. When one insists repeatedly that they're not doing anything wrong...never a good sign.

Keep doing your fine job, sitting him down, NYRA stewards. If he doesn't fear hurting himself or others, maybe he'll fear you all and the fact that you can hurt his annual income and drop him in the standings. JMO
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2019, 12:00 PM   #167
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
Reading the suspensions is unreal given he keeps getting hit for reckless riding. If I'm looking correctly, he finished second in the standings at Belmont, and is currently second at Saratoga.

I'm unclear on what this dude doesn't understand about the term, reckless riding. I do know that on Saturday evening, his tone, I felt, was arrogant, somewhat impatient. When one insists repeatedly that they're not doing anything wrong...never a good sign.

Keep doing your fine job, sitting him down, NYRA stewards. If he doesn't fear hurting himself or others, maybe he'll fear you all and the fact that you can hurt his annual income and drop him in the standings. JMO
At some point, they may have to rule him off for a year or something.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2019, 02:46 PM   #168
Robert Fischer
clean money

The rules are dangerous.

Saez is excellent.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:02 PM   #169
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
At some point, they may have to rule him off for a year or something.
If anybody goes, it's the Ortiz Brothers first....then you can make a list of others.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2019, 03:33 PM   #170
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
The rules are dangerous.

Saez is excellent.
He almost killed a couple of horses and riders in the biggest race in America this year.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #171
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
8,000,000 bet on the races yesterday at Monmouth.

Too bad about the heat.

No horses died or collasped yet again.

Would have been a great day for racing, nice undercard. Destroyed by scratches.

Allan
From Thoroughbred Daily News re. "new normal" for horseracing (?)

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com...gs-new-normal/

I wonder if it is. I'm starting to wonder if bad weather cancellations will become the new normal, even rain. Best analogy I can think of is baseball. I think back to some days where the weather was extreme and wonder if they would have held the event e.g.,:

2003 Breeders' Cup- 99 degrees and smoke from nearby wildfires
2008 Belmont- 96 degrees although relatively low humidity around 40%
1999 Suburban- 100 degrees also low humidity

These are ones I can immediately think off from top of my head (I had to look up the details of course).
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2019, 07:40 PM   #172
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
The rule in California is if the horse is anticipating an opening when the hole is shut off, there is no foul.

But once the horse gets in there, it's a foul to move in on him.
This seems prudent and rational.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2019, 08:08 PM   #173
Someday Silent

Luis Saez rides like a jerk and if he gets his ass beat by another jockey I won't feel bad for him.

Maximum Security runs and wins DESPITE his rider, not because of him.
Someday Silent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2019, 03:12 PM   #174
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
Thanks for the sources, Grits. Unfortunately the video does not show what happened from the best angle but what is clear is that Max was in the 2 path with King in clear postilion on the rail. One or Two jumps later Max was on the rail and King was taking up sharply. There was not enough time for Max to have cleared King cleanly to cross over him and get the rail. Velasquez did not pull up so sharply for nothing. He was right when he said it cost him everything.
The video...
Yes, the angles I saw did not have a good look at the point at which the incident took place.
That said, without conclusive evidence to the contrary, the stewards made a good no call.
Yeah, it kinda stinks.
Now, If JV had claimed foul, this may have had a different outcome.
Maybe..
My question about this incident is just that. If the incident was so that JV had to pull up sharply, then why did he not register a claim of foul?
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2019, 06:12 PM   #175
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah View Post
The video...
Yes, the angles I saw did not have a good look at the point at which the incident took place.
That said, without conclusive evidence to the contrary, the stewards made a good no call.
Yeah, it kinda stinks.
Now, If JV had claimed foul, this may have had a different outcome.
Maybe..
My question about this incident is just that. If the incident was so that JV had to pull up sharply, then why did he not register a claim of foul?
why are there not better camera angles on the last turn? That would solve the problem
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2019, 06:45 PM   #176
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
why are there not better camera angles on the last turn? That would solve the problem
Why not fly a drone overhead and follow the horses around the track? I would think this could be easily accomplished.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2019, 11:41 PM   #177
timp

Biggest joke in racing

Maximum security comes down in any other venue lucky it was Monmouth park good ole boys took care one of there own. That kid almost caused a big spill rider stood up snatched horse did you hear the rider of the one horses comment .Strangley even in results comment no mention of maximum security putting that horse in tight beyond tight then comment on one horse reads horse was slightly stopping when put in tight.give me a break the stewards should be ashamed of themselves I was trainer maximum security that rider gets a kick in the ass in front of 50000 people and never rides that horse again whole thing was a disgrace .
timp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2019, 11:43 PM   #178
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timp View Post
I was trainer maximum security that rider gets a kick in the ass in front of 50000 people and never rides that horse again whole thing was a disgrace .
Given the trainer is the beacon of integrity I am surprised as well.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-23-2019, 11:44 PM   #179
timp

The angle

I don’t care what angle you see it as that horse comes down worst flagrant foul ever in major race were horse doesn’t come down the stewards should be ashamed to show up for work took care of there boy serv is on that one buy them all a round servis
Old 07-23-2019, 11:49 PM   #180
timp

Integrity

Don’t know trainer that well so can’t comment on his integrity but that word is not that common on the backside