Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-30-2016, 11:49 AM   #16
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
If he's already up this way , may as well go over to Philly Parx
Quarantine alone will keep him out through May.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:51 AM   #17
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...y-club-tracks/

Maybe not! Lets see if Monmouth does the right thing
Good question, purse wise he has other choices.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:54 AM   #18
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

what were the infractions for?
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2016, 12:31 PM   #19
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donttellmeshowme
what were the infractions for?
Not disclosed thus far.
Old 04-30-2016, 12:35 PM   #20
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
Not disclosed thus far.

Just wondering if his lawyer told him to turn in the license for minor infractions and were they serious infractions?
Donttellmeshowme is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2016, 07:10 PM   #21
Citation1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
If he's already up this way , may as well go over to Philly Parx

No stalls available.
Citation1947 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2016, 07:50 PM   #22
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Not disclosed thus far.

I thought it was for this.

Quote:
... Vitali, according to MyFloridaLicense.com, has been charged with 24 medication violations since 2011, including nine in 2015 and two so far in 2016. ...
Why doesn't Florida go after both the owners and vets involved and let them settle with Vitali in Civil Court?

Unless he is the horse's owner, he is acting as an agent of the owner. I'm guessing these medication violations may have resulted in his horse winning or beating another owner's horse for purse monies.

In general, the penalties should be in line with the amount of WPS bets made on the horses involved. The penalties should then be applied to a takeout reduction fund since the losing bettors and other owners won't get any of it.

Everybody wins. Purses won't have to be lowered and the bettors will get better odds. And, individuals who want to cheat will have to pay for it.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 04-30-2016 at 07:54 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #23
eqitec

Marcus Vitali

Upon reading this thread, I looked into my Training Practices Research Database currently containing 6,870 winners by trainer to see if I could detect anything unusual about Marcus Vitali’s training practices leading up to his horses’ victories.

Here’s some data to ponder for winners which had at least one workout preceding the wins and had at least one race within 90 days prior to the win.

Out of the 6,870 winners, 4,092 (60%) had at least one workout prior to the win (and at least one prior race within 90 days.)

Out of the 4,092 winners, 530 (13%) had that last workout at 3F.

Out of the 530 winners, 5 trainers accounted for 10 or more of those winners, as shown below:

David Jacobson – 57 (10.7%)
Marcus Vitali – 31 (5.8%)
Gerald Bennett – 21 (4%)
Jason Servis – 20 (3.8%)
Steve Assmussen – 10 (2%)

Looking more closely at Marcus Vitali:

Out of 21 wins at GP for Vitali with at least one workout prior to the win, 76.2% of those workouts were at 3F.
Out of 904 total # winners at GP for all trainers with at least one workout prior to the win, 11% were at 3F.

Out of 17 wins at MTH for Vitali with at least one workout prior to the win, 70.6% of those workouts were at 3F.
Out of 370 total # winners at MTH for all trainers with at least one workout prior to the win, 17.8% were at 3F.

Granted that there has been a time-honored training tradition of giving a horse a 3F “blowout” workout prior to a race, that tradition now seem to apply only to certain kinds of horses, such as 1st-time starters and higher class horses.

Similar to most research, more questions are raised than answered as the research proceeds. My 1st one after observing this data was – are the training practices of these 5 “outliers” trainers simply superior to the other trainers in my research database, or are there other invisible factors in play compelling them to give the 3F workouts at a rate so much higher than their peers?

More research is needed with a larger sample. Since I am self-funding this research, I have limitations to how much personal $ and time I can commit to the project.
eqitec is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2016, 10:47 AM   #24
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
I thought it was for this.

Why doesn't Florida go after both the owners and vets involved and let them settle with Vitali in Civil Court?

Unless he is the horse's owner, he is acting as an agent of the owner. I'm guessing these medication violations may have resulted in his horse winning or beating another owner's horse for purse monies.

In general, the penalties should be in line with the amount of WPS bets made on the horses involved. The penalties should then be applied to a takeout reduction fund since the losing bettors and other owners won't get any of it.

Everybody wins. Purses won't have to be lowered and the bettors will get better odds. And, individuals who want to cheat will have to pay for it.
If proven that the horse had a positive and won any purse monies the owner of that horse has to give the purse monies back. Many owners don't research what the vets are giving the horses, as it is 99.9% of all vet work is approved by the trainer and the work is done and 30 days or so later you get a vet bill as an owner.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:19 PM   #25
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
If proven that the horse had a positive and won any purse monies the owner of that horse has to give the purse monies back. Many owners don't research what the vets are giving the horses, as it is 99.9% of all vet work is approved by the trainer and the work is done and 30 days or so later you get a vet bill as an owner.
I guess I was just looking at it from the POV that Florida apparently feels it has no recourse since Vitali is now out of their jurisdiction. As the trainer, they are acting as an agent of the owners who should be ultimately responsible as in most business transactions.

An example which comes to mind, e.g., you hire a tax preparer who "fudges" on certain deductions for you and you pay them and you then sign your return. Whether you were aware or not, the IRS will come after you and the preparer not just the preparer or just you. I would think you can then go after the preparer for damages in Civil Court.

I've mentioned this before that I'm surprised after these incidents are identified and these trainers/veterinarians are assessed penalties they're not sued in Civil Court or at least in Small Claims by the owners and/or losing bettors and/or the other losing owners. This may deter a lot of people of intentionally cheating.

Or, require jockeys, trainers, vets and owners to carry a bond or malpractice insurance. I'm just tired of reading about these incidents with no real solutions.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 05-03-2016 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:23 PM   #26
whodoyoulike
Veteran

BloodHorse update (almost breaking news as TMZ would say):

Quote:
... If Vitali receives a suspension, he will need to serve the time before he can enter horses anywhere.

"He's barred until he gets the process going," Ritvo said. "To us, (surrendering his Florida license) wasn't satisfactory—it was running away from his obligation. (But if he regains his Florida license), we're going to treat him like any other guy that caught a positive and is looking at an appeal or days."

Vitali said his attorney had already begun the process outlined by Ritvo.

"Nobody has done (anything) wrong," Vitali said. "We're facing the facts. The truth always wins in the end."
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...red?source=rss
Old 07-12-2016, 05:15 PM   #27
gheuks

No entries in Maryland in at least 2 weeks since pimlico closed and no published workouts at laurel In a few weeks. Had one entered in a stakes at Suffolk this weekend, but that's it?? Anyone know if something is up???
gheuks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2016, 05:28 PM   #28
lamboguy

he sent all his horses to Gulfstream to serve out his suspension. Alan Hunter is training all the horses
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2016, 05:41 PM   #29
gheuks

Thanks for the info. Short stay in Maryland!
gheuks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2016, 07:05 PM   #30
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

What really sucks,Is this guy gets the infractions,Keeps his purse money..Not fair..Glad he is gone,I called him out on the rail a little over a year ago telling him he was a cheat..Racing is better off without him..He thinks he is slick.I cant wait to see him banned everywhere. I had employees working for me, That had worked for him Telling me his antics..

Last edited by CryingForTheHorses; 07-13-2016 at 07:06 PM.
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: