Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #166
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5k-claim
Just for clarification, what are you describing here with the term "cripples"?

The phrase "get cripples to the races" is not exactly soundbite material, regardless of its actual meaning. Or unfortunately in today's climate, perhaps it is.

Probably just needs the word "former" thrown in there with it?

Im surprised at what you are saying being a horseman..You know as well as I do that claiming horses and horses discarded because they have problems that nobody wants to deal with.I am very proud of how I can get horse back to the races with over 1200 starts and only 2 breakdowns in 30 yrs of training horses..Yes there have been some that needed homes but you just have to be smart enough to know when the horse has had enough.Maybe the word cripple scares some people,Let say horses with problems and every horse has them!!
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #167
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
how about the other contestants in Arilington Park are tougher than the ones in Hawthorne? i have seen the guy win on synthetic on Presque Isles plenty of times.
We already know the competition is tougher at Arlington than Hawthorne. I'm sure Bruggemann is well aware of that. Are you telling me a guy who is capable of winning 25-30% doesn't know where to place his horses? That's basically what you are saying.

I think Tbwinner's post makes sense. A lot of his horses are speedballs and the surface at Hawthorne is much more speed favoring than the Poly at Arlington.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #168
5k-claim
Working on 'Plan B'

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
Im surprised at what you are saying being a horseman..You know as well as I do that claiming horses and horses discarded because they have problems that nobody wants to deal with.I am very proud of how I can get horse back to the races with over 1200 starts and only 2 breakdowns in 30 yrs of training horses..Yes there have been some that needed homes but you just have to be smart enough to know when the horse has had enough.Maybe the word cripple scares some people,Let say horses with problems and every horse has them!!
Of course I know that you're a good guy, and this explanation is great.

You are correct in that I am a little gun-shy of trainers using phrases like "getting cripples to the races" and whatnot that could be pulled out. Especially in today's world where it seems like a free-for-all to take shots at the sport's participants.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #169
Citation1947

Anyone know what the drug was that caused this Ness DQ?
At the bottom of page, footnotes says, "Sorry No Refunds was disqualified from first to unplaced for medication violation"

http://equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/DEL071112USA6.pdf
Citation1947 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #170
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation1947
Anyone know what the drug was that caused this Ness DQ?
At the bottom of page, footnotes says, "Sorry No Refunds was disqualified from first to unplaced for medication violation"

http://equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/DEL071112USA6.pdf

The only thing I can think of is Lasix..Maybe the horse's lasix card wasnt in the office,Maybe he got it late!..To do this right after a race tells me this unless this was put in the chart after he had been tested by the state.
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #171
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
The only thing I can think of is Lasix..Maybe the horse's lasix card wasnt in the office,Maybe he got it late!..To do this right after a race tells me this unless this was put in the chart after he had been tested by the state.
The chart was updated after the ruling.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #172
nijinski

He may be getting a few more horses as Midwest recently fired Brad Cox .
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #173
sammy the sage

Well he actually claimed one yesterday at "Toga"......
Old 08-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #174
mistergee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
Well he actually claimed one yesterday at "Toga"......
Is he eligible for the Travers
mistergee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #175
1st time lasix

i recall after he won with yet another stepping up in class with inferior past performances......the big yuk last year in Tampa last year among my experienced handicapping group was that Ness would claim a 10000 2l horse and place him in the Derby. The comment was that he would be the likely favorite and we would be forced to use 'em. In my humble opinion.....his obvious cheating is a disgrace and glaring embarrassment to racing.
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #176
PICSIX
Mike Schultz

Ness was 3 for 5 yesterday after going 0 for the previous 2 days.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #177
sammy the sage

Ness...taking ON the big boys IN earnest now...two today at "Toga"...I'll go out on a short limb...and say 1 wins...
Old 08-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #178
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I found it hilarious that in the 5th at Delaware today, fellow miracle worker Cartagena scratched his entrant (and the only competition) rather than face the latest Ness machine.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #179
sammy the sage

Well his runner's at "Toga"...tanked
Old 08-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #180
Stillriledup
Veteran

Ness being smart so far. Show up at Saratoga, lose a bunch of races and people will start to believe that you're human after all (cue up human league circa 1980).

He has one horse in today, in the 9th race that was claimed from a 5 pct trainer....you would think, that this horse should be a very short price yet they have this one at 8-1 ML. Even though Ness could make this one go into another galaxy if he wants to, its not likely he will. Ness wants to show the racing world that not every horse he claims runs off and hides.

Is Ness 'laying low' at the Spa on purpose? 0 for 7 for Ness is like 0 for 50 for anyone else.

Seems like a smart move. Keep losing races and eventually, people will get off your back.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply