Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #121
Dony55

[QUOTE=tbwinner]The more amazing thing is how they can do it and keep such an operation at a high win % with so many horses. They do spot their horses well but it's unbelievable how EVERY ONE improves under a Ness/Midwest claim.[/QUOTE0]

I probaby bet 200 or so races a week since i started about a year ago and man i learned the hard way, losing to this Ness far to often until i finally caught on and jumped on the waggon. Honestly what makes his horses special is the way the run in the stretch, firstly they all look good and than that extra juice they have to keep the chest up and explode to the finish is incredible. They guy is either doing something other trainers dont have or they have a way of training horses not many others can. But he is not alone, the Engleharts, there at FL who is also something of claims lately.

Last edited by Dony55; 07-16-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Dony55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2012, 01:57 AM   #122
Dony55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettheoverlay
The aspect I can't grasp is why the other horsemen he's running against don't revolt, race elsewhere, or boycott the races he's entered in. Ness is a disaster for gambling, and I would presume a disaster as well for the legitimite horsemen.
Not really the amazing thing is people are stubborn and look at races before the trainer change and dont think the horse has a chance, in fact its often with Ness and even Englehart you get high odds sometimes so high your wander if you can bet them, when you should almost always at good odds.
Dony55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #123
mannyberrios
easygoer

If I start betting Mr.Ness horses, he would drop to 5%
mannyberrios is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #124
Beachbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dony55
Not really the amazing thing is people are stubborn and look at races before the trainer change and dont think the horse has a chance, in fact its often with Ness and even Englehart you get high odds sometimes so high your wander if you can bet them, when you should almost always at good odds.

I can tell you, you don't get "high" odds with Ness at Delaware.
2-1 is high for a Ness runner, there.
Beachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #125
mannyberrios
easygoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbabe
I can tell you, you don't get "high" odds with Ness at Delaware.
2-1 is high for a Ness runner, there.
He had a 5/1 at AP, the other day
mannyberrios is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #126
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyberrios
He had a 5/1 at AP, the other day
That was a Roger Brueggemann-trained Midwest horse, not Jamie Ness. Brueggemann does great work too, as always with Midwest stock, but doesn't have the stratospheric numbers like Ness.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #127
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner
That was a Roger Brueggemann-trained Midwest horse, not Jamie Ness. Brueggemann does great work too, as always with Midwest stock, but doesn't have the stratospheric numbers like Ness.
that is because he is in a colony with other guys that have very similar techniques.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #128
Citation1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner
The more amazing thing is how they can do it and keep such an operation at a high win % with so many horses. They do spot their horses well but it's unbelievable how EVERY ONE improves under a Ness/Midwest claim.

Here is the thing that I don't believe most people think about when it comes to supposed superior horsemanship skills(and yes, I believe he is a bonafide cheat) - the guy runs at 4 or 5 different tracks, but he can't be everywhere personally to oversee the operation(or management of each individual horse), yet, regardless of which track, his winning percentage figures are off the charts. Now how can one win like that at every track(based off their supposed talents) if they aren't even there much of the time to personally evaluate, work on and improve each claim? Of course you don't have to be there when you are relying on a chemistry bag. You just need people that you can trust to carry out your orders.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-18-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Citation1947 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #129
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation1947
Here is the thing that I don't believe most people think about when it comes to this cheats supposed superior horsemanship skills(and yes, I believe he is a bonafide cheat) - the guy runs at 4 or 5 different tracks, but he can't be everywhere personally to oversee the operation(or management of each individual horse), yet, regardless of which track, his winning percentage figures are off the charts. Now how can one win like that at every track(based off their supposed talents) if they aren't even there much of the time to personally evaluate, work on and improve each claim? Of course you don't have to be there when you are relying on a chemistry bag. You just need people that you can trust to carry out your orders.
who says he is cheating? the stuff that i suspect many trainers are using is perfectly legal. it just cost a lot of money to administer. these guys have been tested over and over again and they never find anything illegal.

the stuff they are using have many variations to it. chemist's might be able to reproduce the stuff at lower cost than what it sells for on the open market.

its advertised that it doesn't slab, no test in the world will pick it up. it may be no good for the horses down the road. that part has not been proven yet. what has been proven is the more you use this stuff, the better the horses run, and if you did use it and decide to stop, the horses don't run at all. personally i would never use it on my horse because i don't trust it and i care about the well being of horses that i might send to the track.

i never believed this is possible, but i have been fooled. any trainer that is batting at high percentages is using a performance enhancement. there are to many variables to racing where it is truly impossible for these trainers to be that much better than the other guys. racing is paying a very heavy price for allowing top trainers to get away with this, they are losing customers, bettor's and owner's.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #130
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
who says he is cheating? the stuff that i suspect many trainers are using is perfectly legal. it just cost a lot of money to administer. these guys have been tested over and over again and they never find anything illegal.

the stuff they are using have many variations to it. chemist's might be able to reproduce the stuff at lower cost than what it sells for on the open market.

its advertised that it doesn't slab, no test in the world will pick it up. it may be no good for the horses down the road. that part has not been proven yet. what has been proven is the more you use this stuff, the better the horses run, and if you did use it and decide to stop, the horses don't run at all. personally i would never use it on my horse because i don't trust it and i care about the well being of horses that i might send to the track.

i never believed this is possible, but i have been fooled. any trainer that is batting at high percentages is using a performance enhancement. there are to many variables to racing where it is truly impossible for these trainers to be that much better than the other guys. racing is paying a very heavy price for allowing top trainers to get away with this, they are losing customers, bettor's and owner's.

Lambo..you may be opening a can of worms here accusing high percentage trainers of cheating.Has nobody thought about how Midwest may spend what they need to help a horse without cheating.Have you thought about how certain owners would spend what it takes to fix and help their horse ailments without using anything Illegal.Im also surprised you didnt name what "They" are using.Horses will run like champions when there ailments are taken care of.I also know a certain owner who will spend whatever it takes within the rules of racing to see their horse win.Doesnt matter what the vet bill is.The purse will take care of it.
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #131
nijinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSchell_Racing
Lambo..you may be opening a can of worms here accusing high percentage trainers of cheating.Has nobody thought about how Midwest may spend what they need to help a horse without cheating.Have you thought about how certain owners would spend what it takes to fix and help their horse ailments without using anything Illegal.Im also surprised you didnt name what "They" are using.Horses will run like champions when there ailments are taken care of.I also know a certain owner who will spend whatever it takes within the rules of racing to see their horse win.Doesnt matter what the vet bill is.The purse will take care of it.
I've pointed a few of these things out before . I know Midwest had a facility for training and layups. At least they did. These things and the investment spent are huge . Many don't want to listen though.
nijinski is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #132
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
It seems to me that in the very first two sentences of Lambo's quoted post he says he suspects they are not cheating.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #133
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Is this sarcasm? You can't win at a more than 25% to 30% clip LEGALLY (on a sustained basis with a large sample size) even if a vet lives at the barn. I've explicitly told trainers in the past ("I WANT a high vet bill"--I like to win), and the horses would never improve like the way they do for the supertrainers. Never.

I'm not accusing any particular trainer or owner of anything...maybe a sustained period of luck.

Last edited by Saratoga_Mike; 07-17-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #134
lamboguy

Quote:
first of all i never accused anyone of using anything illegal. i haven't even accused midwest of using anything legal.

the stuff that i have come across is called TB-500. it is being used all over the world according to the salesmen for this company. they will not give you the names of the individual's that they sell it to. as far as i can read, this stuff does not help ailments. it deals with a genetic process that is synthetic peptide according to the website.

i have not opened any can worms either, there are jurisdictions that are studying this at this time.
http://www.tb500.com/
Old 07-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #135
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
first of all i never accused anyone of using anything illegal. i haven't even accused midwest of using anything legal.

the stuff that i have come across is called TB-500. it is being used all over the world according to the salesmen for this company. they will not give you the names of the individual's that they sell it to. as far as i can read, this stuff does not help ailments. it deals with a genetic process that is synthetic peptide according to the website.

i have not opened any can worms either, there are jurisdictions that are studying this at this time.
http://www.tb500.com/
Lambo, are you saying racing regulators are okay with this substance being admininstered OR they just don't have a test for it?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply